Rookie and training Camp 2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Rookie and training Camp 2021

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:44 pm Not to interrupt but who got hurt and carried off in the scrimmage game?

Edit: it was in micks thread…. Keeper
Yeah this guy: https://www.sportsforecaster.com/nhl/p/ ... ady_Keeper
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

damonberryman wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:11 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:29 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:44 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:30 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:19 am
Facts, I had covid19 back in October 2020, was fatigued for like 3 months after recovering from the worst part of covid.
I'm sure the 6 litres a day of Olde English 800 you consumed had nothing to do with it whatsoever

:roll:
What the heck Cuz?
Sheriff Gomer
I went to this thread hoping to learn something real about training camp. The only interesting, or even vaguely interesting was Mick's first post. Then the pack is all over him. I hate fucking bullies and if you are going to take a kick at him be sure you are giving something better than the juvenile crap you throw at him. How many of you click on his links? I for one enjoy some of his stuff. IF this was the street I would get involved. Instead it is just boys being boys.
Gomer takes a shitload of lumps on this board. He deserves most of them.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:11 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:29 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:44 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:30 am
SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:19 am
Facts, I had covid19 back in October 2020, was fatigued for like 3 months after recovering from the worst part of covid.
I'm sure the 6 litres a day of Olde English 800 you consumed had nothing to do with it whatsoever

:roll:
What the heck Cuz?
Sheriff Gomer
I went to this thread hoping to learn something real about training camp. The only interesting, or even vaguely interesting was Mick's first post.

... How many of you click on his links? I for one enjoy some of his stuff.
Damon, if you're thirsty for more, Mick posts most of his training camp stuff in his own personal thread.

Start here: http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 63#p447363

Enjoy...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:45 pm
Micky wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:04 pm Brock Boeser, Nils Hoglander and "Danny Klimovich" looking great. I think Abby for Danny, not the juniors.
Based on one practice. Yeah…no the AHL would be a massive leap for an 18 year old kid that basically played in a beer league last year. He has been described as very skilled but very raw and not having the best hockey sense. Tier 1 Junior is exactly what he needs.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Generally I'd agree with the juniors gig but you lose a little control inre to his development plan. That's all I was thinking.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

You can learn about Canucks training camp from official Canucks sources AND various well-known sports media... which the copious amounts of annoying links here in these threads are linked to.

Then you could come by and post more often and discuss what you've just read with other like-minded Canuck fans, instead of just popping in to complain about not enjoying reading what others have posted, without actually adding to a hockey talk conversation yourself.

Makes too much fuckin' sense, doesn't it?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:56 pm
Micky wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:04 pm Brock Boeser, Nils Hoglander and "Danny Klimovich" looking great. I think Abby for Danny, not the juniors.
Based on one practice. Yeah…no the AHL would be a massive leap for an 18 year old kid that basically played in a beer league last year. He has been described as very skilled but very raw and not having the best hockey sense. Tier 1 Junior is exactly what he needs.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Generally I'd agree with the juniors gig but you lose a little control inre to his development plan. That's all I was thinking.
Fair enough and absolutely we are all entitled to our opinion. The kid is big, skilled and very raw, having played in basically a Juvenile or Junior C league. Jumping right to the AHL at 18 seems a bit far fetched to me especially the way Vancouver has loaded that team up this year. He needs to play a lot.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:48 pm
Fair enough and absolutely we are all entitled to our opinion. The kid is big, skilled and very raw, having played in basically a Juvenile or Junior C league. Jumping right to the AHL at 18 seems a bit far fetched to me especially the way Vancouver has loaded that team up this year. He needs to play a lot.
I think back to Minsk is probably the way to go with Klimovich.

Minsk is undoubtedly a big step up from Pinsk.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Much to Doyle’s chagrin, it looks like Lockwood is gonna give the 2016 draft class and the Sutter/Bonino trade some credibility
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:10 pm Much to Doyle’s chagrin, it looks like Lockwood is gonna give the 2016 draft class and the Sutter/Bonino trade some credibility
So Lockwood sorta looking like a future fourth liner at 23 excuses the Brandon Sutter trade?

They gave up a better, cheaper player in Bonino who was making 1.5 million with three years of team control, for a shittier, three times more expensive player in Sutter. Lockwood has a good scrimmage and it excuses this bad trade? Yeah… no it doesn’t.

So Sutter doesn’t want to play because of fatigue. Shit maybe that was the problem all along. At least now you can bury his contract. Pretty hard to bury a 4.35 million x 5 year albatross.

Nick Bonino wins cups. Brandon Sutter is tired.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I'm liking how Lockwood is showing in this camp. It looks like he is seriously trying to take one of the 4th line jobs permanently. It's been a long wait, but it's been worth it.

If he can stay healthy, he eventually replaces Motte IMO. Love his speed, skill and grit on the bottom 6.

Gadjovich is the other that I have my eyes on. He may not get a spot out of camp, but I had lost hope that this kid was going to ever going to get a cup of coffee. He's gotten himself back in the mix and I hope to see him get a few more games this season.

Also hearing good things about Giuseppe pizzeria. With all that competition, I don't think MacEwan is going to be around much longer... unless he pulls one out and blows everyone away. He's too inconsistent and we're starting to have a lot more top 9 depth around. Not much room left for tweeners.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:27 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:48 pm
I think back to Minsk is probably the way to go with Klimovich.

Minsk is undoubtedly a big step up from Pinsk.
I agree. The most important thing for Dan Klim is getting loads of ice time and a top role. That should be the criteria, even if it's in a lesser league for now.

^See? Mick can toss out a hockey opinion instead of the usual spamming of links. That's hockey (talk)!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:30 pm I'm liking how Lockwood is showing in this camp. It looks like he is seriously trying to take one of the 4th line jobs permanently. It's been a long wait, but it's been worth it.

If he can stay healthy, he eventually replaces Motte IMO. Love his speed, skill and grit on the bottom 6.

Gadjovich is the other that I have my eyes on. He may not get a spot out of camp, but I had lost hope that this kid was going to ever going to get a cup of coffee. He's gotten himself back in the mix and I hope to see him get a few more games this season.

Also hearing good things about Giuseppe pizzeria. With all that competition, I don't think MacEwan is going to be around much longer... unless he pulls one out and blows everyone away. He's too inconsistent and we're starting to have a lot more top 9 depth around. Not much room left for tweeners.
Lockwood is a beaut, Shoulders.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:47 pm
rats19 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:44 pm Not to interrupt but who got hurt and carried off in the scrimmage game?

He might not be a Keeper after all :)
el rey del mambo
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:26 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:47 pm

He might not be a Keeper after all :)
Green said he was getting better and looking good up to the injury too.. :look:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Yeah that's a shame.

Curmudgeon was high on this kid to be a solid, physical D as well as able to keep the opposition honest type of player.

Was looking forward to following him in Abby.
DeLevering since 1999.