Rookie and training Camp 2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Rookie and training Camp 2021

Post by ESQ »

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:48 pm Another Doc sock? Maybe a Dude sock? Man loves to troll. Perhaps it's a Doyle sock? He's been strangely quiet lately.
If it's either of those three, they are goddam Keyser Soze :lol:
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:33 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:13 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:20 pm So Doc what you are saying is:

Mods must check out every posted link?

Mods have removed 90% of Mickey's links for whatever reasons?

Mods are expending a considerable amount of time in managing Mickey?

See I didn't know any of that so I was confused too as to why he was being "bullied".
It was the bullshit and flat out lies that make me call him out.

I don’t think calling someone on lies and bullshit is bullying, especially when he was asked to stop.

Now, after the death threats, etc. I give it to him whenever I have time to call him on his crap.
Cry me a river. You are a liar on an agenda. Don't believe him folks, I never threatened his life. :look:

Keep it up and eventually it will become clear to all your a rather pompous individual and likes to strut like a peacock.

What you should be doing now is being the ostrich. A shame really. Couple years ago, I thought you were a decent sort.
So, here we go, I guess. I have a few minutes to absolutely remind people why the regular posters pound Micky like they do. Please, be advised, this is not a 'better than him' message in any way, simply some history for those who don't know.

we comment because he is a spamming troll that lies, bullshits, threatens posters and holds himself out to be better than everyone else, an insider, a reporter, or whatever, and then every 6 months or so plays the whining "woe is me card'" to anyone who listens.. and the Mods have done very little to do anything about it (Sorry boys. I understand you look at it on a 'post by post' basis, but the big picture and history here is a little much)

Some history:

It all started with Micky and his 45 posts a day average a few years ago. Nobody could actually have a conversation anymore without almost every post being interrupted by a comment (usually not related to the conversation, and almost always with a GIF and a link). The constant links, pictures (lots of them inappropriate), gifs and silly comments were driving down the quality of the board on he main hockey site. Please note: Nobody really cares what happens or is said in the water cooler threads (as long as everyone respects everyone else), we we have always prided ourselves on having knowledgeable hockey people here with good conversations and debates. The Dude/Doc/Blob trifecta is pretty much the only constant chirping that happens, and even when that gets out of hand, it gets commented on and reigned in -- and some of the regulars find it kind of amusing when the 3 of them fight like an old married couple. (personally, fwiw, I am not really one of them). Regardless, This has been a quality hockey site since its inception over 20 years ago. I know this, because I was there back then. Mickys attempt to force his way into conversations... well I think It was a poorly done plea for attention - he seemed to relish it when anyone would respond in any way (positive or negative). Comments were made by several posters to Mick, both in threads and by PM's, which were either ignored or answered petulantly with 'go fuck yourself' styles of responses from Mick.

Then came the bullshit and lies. For the record, when he made a decent hockey post (which was about 1 post in 25-30), nobody bothered him.

Alas, He would make ridiculous comments, then either deny he ever made them, or double down on the lies, twist every conversation, never answer questions, never gave a personal opinion, and when cornered, would always lash out at whomever had cornered him. Vulgar personal insults were the normal. This is when people started to block him. Blocking him was an open conversation on a couple of threads (I am sure Doc can find examples in the histories) and at one point and time, over half the regulars here had him blocked. Some posters left the site as the continuous use of links and gifs made refreshing the pages from mobile devices painful. There was a few complaints about some of the sites he linked having viruses (I Personally did not experience that, or if I did, my software caught it). Regular posters were leaving, and the site was getting a reputation of being filled with trolls. This is when a few of us seriously started calling him out on his crap. The Mods were involved, and warned him constantly. Regular posters got much more direct with him. Several of us made comments on how he could improve, or at least to keep the chatter where it belonged. Heck, it was lobbied for by the remaining regulars (and accepted) for him to have his own thread (nicknamed his playpen) on the main hockey chat to "keep him contained".

After over 100 pages of 99% utter nonsense in his own thread (did anyone really wonder why there was never any real hockey discussion in that thread in the first 100 pages or so?? -- thats 100 pages where it was counted that Mick made over 25 consecutive posts with no answer!) he began branching out to the rest of the site again.

Why he singled me out of the crowd of people to start the threats on life (its branched to other since), I am not sure. I think its because the 'big dogs' (Blobbie, Dude, Doc, etc) on the site had kicked him enough that he figured he could have a bash at me and I would quit the site as well -- but I am speculating here. Then, over the next year or so as he continued to get more and more out of control, people started piling on him more and more.

Now here we are.

Mick often responds to people with lies, threats and bullshit. His most common defense (after lashing out) is to appear "normal" and ask why others are piling on him, but the name calling, threats, inappropriate pictures, spam links, and lies never quit.
Micky wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:33 pm
Cry me a river. You are a liar on an agenda. Don't believe him folks, I never threatened his life. :look:
[edit: see below. I removed all links to posts about me. left a couple about others. The point is made]

Spam bullshit:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11903&p=445369#p445369

viewtopic.php?p=443494#p443494

Lots of these kinds of pics. This day and age, it should never be allowed on a public forum. For more, just scroll through the 25 or so PAGES of mickys recent post history (and I am sure there is more in the next 1100 pages).. If a regular poster here posted that many of these types pictures, he would be banned right now for so many reasons.. especially if the Social Justice Warriors got a hold of it. Could you imagine how they would howl at that?

Called out on Lies:
viewtopic.php?p=443323#p443323

Threats to various posters:

viewtopic.php?p=440780#p440780

viewtopic.php?p=445614#p445614
(one of my favorites.. he is gonna gut someone here like a fish)

viewtopic.php?p=441501#p441501

some examples of being called out for him spamming with post count:

viewtopic.php?p=441270#p441270

viewtopic.php?p=443275#p443275

lol.. so, I originally tried to post this after about 10 minuets of finding Micks posts for confirmation. I got a "post contains too many URL's Max URL's is 8"

I had to delete over 30 examples of Mick proving he is a liar, manipulator, bullshitter, spammer, and troll..

So to Ghomers new protective sock, and some of the part timers here, perhaps you all should do a little research first. The histories are open to everyone.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Micky wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:33 pm Keep it up and eventually it will become clear to all your a rather pompous individual and likes to strut like a peacock.
Called it.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Thanks Madcombinepilot. Very detailed response.

There are times I like his links, when they are hockey related but mostly when I am travelling so I can go to one place and get quick hockey related links. Most of the time I dont read what he posts, just skim through. The number of links and gifs does get overwhelming at times and there are a number of gifs that cause me problems. As you said when I am on my phone, or sometimes even my iPad, the site can become difficult to navigate. I usually ignore his thread, going in once in a while to scan it quickly.

I guess my question is why, if someone is so disruptive and continues to ignore mods requests, why have they not been suspended. No mod should have to spend so much time trying to manage a poster.

But in fairness, should we not have a Dude and Blob thread so they can keep their stuff there and not clutter up other threads?

Hopefully with the dawn of a new season all of this will work itself out and settle down.
The only HW the Canucks need
Ringer#20
AHL Prospect

Post by Ringer#20 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:52 pm I guess the handle "Ringer" is a pretty good clue.

If Micky is a work, kudos. I wouldn't have the stamina to pull it off for that long.
OK Carl, I get it and am gone. You are a class act.
Steve
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Madcombinepilot, just my two cents but I think that you're wasting too much time and energy on something that doesn't deserve the attention ..the moderators here like a wild, wild, west style of posting so where do you draw the line?, especially when many of the attacks againsts Mick are far worse than the original post?

And, you didn't note how many posters jump on Mick everytime someone else gets upset with him?

It's like a whack a mole...a poster will get upset with something Mick posted and then another poster will pile on and then another and then another...

That's why some have commented on a gang like board...

Just ignore him and post something that has to do with hockey...Frig, I spend too much time trying to defend him ...

Take care...
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Ok, whatever Steve. Do what you want. Stay, go, post or don't.

I'm sure if you were still here, you'd be interacting with everyone with hockey-related posts and great discussion starting with your #7 post. By #20 you'd be a legend around here.

Stay classy and get into the game. Don't stand on the sidelines of life just criticizing.
Focus on the NOW
Ringer#20
AHL Prospect

Post by Ringer#20 »

rikster wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:07 am Madcombinepilot, just my two cents but I think that you're wasting too much time and energy on something that doesn't deserve the attention ..the moderators here like a wild, wild, west style of posting so where do you draw the line?, especially when many of the attacks againsts Mick are far worse than the original post?

And, you didn't note how many posters jump on Mick everytime someone else gets upset with him?

It's like a whack a mole...a poster will get upset with something Mick posted and then another poster will pile on and then another and then another...

That's why some have commented on a gang like board...

Just ignore him and post something that has to do with hockey...Frig, I spend too much time trying to defend him ...

Take care...
This post is really in line with what I am trying to say. I think the posters here including the ones accusing me of being a sock are all high quality content posters. I just think they lower them selves enormously, as well as this site by attacking Mick. It gums up the works, so to speak. I am on here pretty much every day and have been for probably close to 15 years. My first post was welcomed by Island knucklehead.
Carl, I appreciate you feeling me a nanny and was very reluctant to make the post I did. Weird being a “lurker” (I think more of a fan) is looked at as a bad thing; yesterday it was 30:2 visitors:regulars when I posted. Maybe you should limit how often we visit.
Anyway, go Canucks! Great game last night. I think we play much faster and just love Rathbones elite skating.
Ringer#20
AHL Prospect

Post by Ringer#20 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:09 am Ok, whatever Steve. Do what you want. Stay, go, post or don't.

I'm sure if you were still here, you'd be interacting with everyone with hockey-related posts and great discussion starting with your #7 post. By #20 you'd be a legend around here.

Stay classy and get into the game. Don't stand on the sidelines of life just criticizing.
OK. I will. Thanks for your encouragement. You guys are legit.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Awesome, Steve. We need more regulars talking about hockey here.

This is going to be an exciting season after years of disappointment. Hope to see more of your insights and have you hanging out for the GDTs.

Bit of advice: Use paragraphs :wink:
Focus on the NOW
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:27 am Awesome, Steve. We need more regulars talking about hockey here.

This is going to be an exciting season after years of disappointment. Hope to see more of your insights and have you hanging out for the GDTs.

TBH, I am not going to relax or get excited for this upcoming season until Pettersson and Hughes are re-signed.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Guys, Corn and the mods have worked to manage ONE guy. He gave him his own airport and runway and the guy is still constantly going into no-fly zones.

It gets really annoying to ignore when you're on a small mobile device.

Does the blowback get excessive and harsh sometime? Yes. But in life you can't just ignore rules, continue to do stupid crap and not expect repercussions. People have been more than patient. Any other platform and the ban would have happened long ago.

Instead of telling everyone to ignore his posts, you can also ignore our posts, no?

I hope he finally will take advice to heart and stay in lockdown and quarantine with that stuff in his new thread. There's a lot to talk about this season and probably lots of disagreements too. But that's part of the reason we're here.

Go Canucks Go!
Focus on the NOW
Ringer#20
AHL Prospect

Post by Ringer#20 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:27 am Awesome, Steve. We need more regulars talking about hockey here.

Hey Carl… was that a quick slash to my wrist? “Use paragraphs” Fark!

I am going to chime in and do so, respecting you guys….and of course, HW as well.

My main problem is I honestly don’t spend near the time watching games as you guys do, so reluctant to comment. But, my dad had season tickets starting in year one, so I do have history and perspective. A good memory for me was being there in class watching my daughter give a talk on her father, which included him being a big fan of the most loosing professional sports team of any kind. Pavel is still my favorite.

I am not worried about OEL, like what I am seeing from Pod and Garland (loved his quick spinorama in the neutral zone). I am optimistic and super excited for this season.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Why be reluctant to comment? You don't need to watch a lot of games to have an opinion.

There's also non-hockey forums to talk about other stuff... if you can handle that kind of vulgarity :wink:

OEL was really good. People will complain about whatever Benning does. He's night and day better than the version of Edler that we've paid $5-$6 million for, for the last 4-5 years. His offensive game is very good and his defensive game is solid. I can see the possibility of two very good PP units this year.

Poolman looked a lot better and calmer than the one I saw running around with Morrisey in WPG. Another good sign.

Garland looks as advertised. Very dynamic.

The thing I love about the JB crew is the drafting and development. With a few, ahem exceptions like most teams, we're seeing at least one pick making the team every year and coming in to make an immediate impact. And even those disappointments are NHL players. Borderline sure, but still NHLers.

Pods was very very good for his first NHL preseason game. Effort, high IQ and playmaking really stood out for me.
Focus on the NOW
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I will say his GDT links are great - I see 60%-70% of the games and I know I can go to his links and see all the goals and anything that happened and I missed, i.e. a penalty or something. A lot better than Sportsnet and TSN which has 1 link and then go on about Maple leaves for everything else.

Just no more pictures of players with their shirts off :lol: