Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Tciso wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:38 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:49 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:18 pm MCP, if Juolevi is on our second pairing, we're in deep shit.
I agree. But there kinda isnt anyone else there! :roll:

fits that 'lack of depth' theme I was shooting for
We do have the Wrath of Bone. I have him penciled in ahead of Juolevi. But, it's still a little sketchy on D.
Agreed. 'Boner showed much better than Juolevi, albeit in limited time.

*great thread sterter MCP. Can't disagree with much of that.
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:18 pm If my hunch is correct. the Sedins could be pretty sour on the whole deal b Christmas time. And that's even assuming Trevor fills them in on how Mr Aquilini likes his coffee.
Good thing there's two of them. They won't get too exhausted from jerking off a double-double everyday for Mr Aqua.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:04 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:18 pm If my hunch is correct. the Sedins could be pretty sour on the whole deal b Christmas time. And that's even assuming Trevor fills them in on how Mr Aquilini likes his coffee.
Good thing there's two of them. They won't get too exhausted from jerking off a double-double everyday for Mr Aqua.
You know, I hadn't considered that Carl, I guess I'm used to looking at them as a single entity. Odd that they're in the 40s now and still joined at the hip, so to speak.

But good point :)
el rey del mambo
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hopefully the Sedins are put in charge of screening phone calls during free agent frenzy.

“Yah, sorry Jim, no calls today. Seems weird to us, too. I guess we’ll have to circle back on those cheap short term deals in a few days after all.”
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hi donlever,

On behalf of our entire team, I am writing today to thank you for your incredible support and to say we can’t wait to see you in person next season at Rogers Arena. It’s finally time to look ahead and get excited again.

I believe this young team is on the rise. They have shown character, skill, a strong will to win and we expect big things in the years ahead. I can tell you the players are committed to winning. We have a young core that wants to achieve greatness and we are going to support them in every way possible.

We can’t wait for next season. To feel the electricity in the city for big games and to feel the energy in the bowl from our fans. To get back to playing fast, skilled, relentless hockey that earns us a playoff spot for years to come. Most of all we can’t wait to play for a fan base that deserves a Stanley Cup more than any other in the NHL.

Coaching the Vancouver Canucks has been a true privilege and I am grateful for the opportunity to continue our journey together. I believe we will take another step forward next season and will pickup at the level we competed at in the playoff bubble in Edmonton.

In the meantime, please stay safe, healthy and make sure to get your vaccine. We will see you back at Rogers Arena soon. It’s only a few months away and we can’t wait.

Thanks,

Travis
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:33 am Hi donlever,

On behalf of our entire team, I am writing today to thank you for your incredible support and to say we can’t wait to see you in person next season at Rogers Arena. It’s finally time to look ahead and get excited again.

I believe this young team is on the rise. They have shown character, skill, a strong will to win and we expect big things in the years ahead. I can tell you the players are committed to winning. We have a young core that wants to achieve greatness and we are going to support them in every way possible.

We can’t wait for next season. To feel the electricity in the city for big games and to feel the energy in the bowl from our fans. To get back to playing fast, skilled, relentless hockey that earns us a playoff spot for years to come. Most of all we can’t wait to play for a fan base that deserves a Stanley Cup more than any other in the NHL.

Coaching the Vancouver Canucks has been a true privilege and I am grateful for the opportunity to continue our journey together. I believe we will take another step forward next season and will pickup at the level we competed at in the playoff bubble in Edmonton.

In the meantime, please stay safe, healthy and make sure to get your vaccine. We will see you back at Rogers Arena soon. It’s only a few months away and we can’t wait.

Thanks,

Travis
Those narrative spewing motherfu..... :crazy:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Did everyone get the same form letter?
"evolution"
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Micky wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:32 am Did everyone get the same form letter?
SOP Mick.

Makes a guy feel warm all over.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Those letters are completely individualized. You'll notice at the beginning it says, "Dear donlevel." It's those personal touches that make all the difference.

(along with acquiring two top nine forwards and a couple of solid defensemen)
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

link to the live stream: Benning and the Sedins....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/wa ... visors-gm/
Following Tuesday’s announcement that Henrik and Daniel Sedin are re-joining the Vancouver Canucks as special advisors to the general manager, the team will introduce the twins in their new roles on Wednesday.

Watch live right here as GM Jim Benning joins the Sedins for a Zoom availability at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET.

NOTE: If video doesn’t appear above at the scheduled time, please refresh the page.
LIVE NOW---- https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1dRKZNZambdKB

A little better quality. Easier to tell them apart now I think. Not that I ever had a problem.. :blush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXY-pE-TwIE&t=105s
Last edited by Mickey107 on Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

short take on Sedin presser

We took time to make the decision to come back-

We wanted to be back in the organization-

We want to come in a do a good job-

Talked to Stan Smyl & Trevor Linden about it-

We have no game plan and we will just see where it goes.-

Our kids are OK with this. not so young now-

We aint looking for fame--

We care about this team and the people that work here-

We think we have a good understanding of the league and are up to date-

Swedish reporter not getting what he wants :lol: to hear.. Sedins leaving things open-

Drance asks what will you bring---- We will make sure we bring our knowledge on preparation and what knowledge we have about the league.-

Try to help the young guys and what they'll need to do--

Wont directly answer if the Canucks have enough on their roster and they just said we know having watched so many other teams what it takes.

Benning says Ryan Johnson will be involved in Abbotsford-

We think analytics is very important--

Will try and help out with all the little things (prep work, diet, readiness, etc.-

Having the farm team so close seemed to have been a contributing factor in coming back-

Jim Benning- Hopes the Sedins can mentor the younger players; mentions the Swedish players.-

Sedins very interested in the scouting end of things..say hockey is so much faster then when we came in.-

Benning says he'll be real open minded about everything the twins have to say. They aren't so far removed from playing themselves-

Benning says he's talking to all the team and if we can improve the team we will !!!!

No update on Virtanen, says JB
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mick thinks there is nothing much more to this other than they miss the game plenty and want to be around it again.. :|
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

We have no game plan and we will just see where it goes.
Is that a direct quote Mick?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:00 am
We have no game plan and we will just see where it goes.
Is that a direct quote Mick?
https://twitter.com/BatchHockey/status/ ... 5557149700 ......Forgot the Picture
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:00 am Those letters are completely individualized. You'll notice at the beginning it says, "Dear donlevel." It's those personal touches that make all the difference.

(along with acquiring two top nine forwards and a couple of solid defensemen)
:lol:

I hate it when they misspell my name as 'VAR_FIRST_NAME' when they send me individualized, personally touching correspondence.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

thanks mick
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:58 pm To me, the most important part of this offseason....It should be about steady forward progress of clearing bad contracts, and getting the core resigned.

(just say NO to OEL!) and ride out the rest of Luongo and the bad contracts. 2022, we can have a serious look at addressing organizational needs.
There's gonna be a ton of action this offseason as teams prep for the Seattle expansion, with all the offers being thrown about, all I hope is JB sticks to his two main goals (after re-signing the key RFA's)...getting that #3C that can win faceoffs, penalty kill and help out the bottom 6 in scoring more points to help the top two lines out.

And getting that key right side dman to play with Hughes that can play 23 minutes a game, also be great if said dman can chip in with some tall dman blasters. :mrgreen:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.