Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:10 pm Donny, did you know that Roberto is a Sicilian
Part Sicilian.

Part a lot of things.

Blobby is a mutt.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blobby Brown
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

donlever wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:17 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:32 pm I'm going to wait a few games before I start freaking out.
..trying something new in your old age Megs?

:mrgreen:
Ah you know me Don. Pretty chill and all.

Like the way I used the kids slang there ;)
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:41 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:44 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:32 pm I'm going to wait a few games before I start freaking out.

That blueline though. Ooooh scary...
He's Stetcher bad
My Pisano Roberto Macchenzzi will not like seeing that
There was some red meat for Doyle in the AHL forum with Abby playing the Kings affiliate twice but sadly he didn't drop in.
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:21 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:10 pm Donny, did you know that Roberto is a Sicilian
Part Sicilian.

Part a lot of things.

Blobby is a mutt.
A handsome mutt though. There’s a little Italian in there, a little Irish, some English and my great great grandfather was a Comanche war chief.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Team needs some heart and soul out there to help crush the other team.

...ala the STEAMER!

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Well, we needed that win.

But the team is still super soft.

I like Hoglander and Garlands hustle, they will keep this team in a few games.. but the top line has to settle in and start to play.

… and JB needs to address the team toughness. With as many little guys as we have on the team, we need a guy who likes to tilt.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Kenji
MVP
MVP

Post by Kenji »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:35 pm Well, we needed that win.

I like Hoglander and Garlands hustle, they will keep this team in a few games.. but the top line has to settle in and start to play.

… and JB needs to address the team toughness. With as many little guys as we have on the team, we need a guy who likes to tilt.
Petey needs to break fighting down into several discrete steps that he will master individually then collectively to shock the hockey world that you can be an aggressive impact player at a BMI of a supermodel
Kenji
MVP
MVP

Post by Kenji »

But I totes agree with you, it’s a bit Team Smurf and if this is really a playoff team they will have to handle physical challenges. We shall see.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:12 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:21 pm
Part Sicilian.

Part a lot of things.

Blobby is a mutt.
A handsome mutt though. There’s a little Italian in there, a little Irish, some English and my great great grandfather was a Comanche war chief.
Hey Vincenzo Tanerro Pisano, fughetaboutit, you’re full goomba 100%
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Kenji wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:00 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:35 pm Well, we needed that win.

Petey needs to break fighting down into several discrete steps that he will master individually then collectively to shock the hockey world that you can be an aggressive impact player at a BMI of a supermodel
lol.
"We can rebuild him."
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Watching a very effective coiler powerplay and comparing it to the terrible Canucks version, one thing that stands out is how the coil jam the net on the point shots while the Canucks just waive sticks at it and let the goalie/defense protect that slot.

We need Miller and Horvat in there jamming with Pettersson and Boeser off to the side to snipe the loose pucks. There's no reason we can't copy this

Dry just lurks at the right circle while McD cycles in and out of the slot scooping up the trash then dishing it off to him. It's effective
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Signing Kyle Burroughs to a two-yr deal is looking to be a great depth signing, especially in lieu of Hamonic's absence.

Leads the team with 17 hits, tied for team lead with 9 blocked shots with low ice time.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/kyle-bu ... se-canucks
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I have to give some props to Burr v2.0 too.

The Burroughs/Rathbone is not an ideal 3rd pairing for all 82 games, and these young guys will need to be protected heavily to minimize their frequent mistakes... but given the situation on the right side, he has filled in quite admirably.

He's undersized but competes, has enough savvy and speed. Clearly Schenn doesn't have enough speed and mobility to be anything more than depth and Burroughs is now ahead of him IMO.

We absolutely need to sort out the Hamonic situation this season, but KB44 is a very decent depth 7/8 Dman... certainly not the defensive disaster that Mike Hunt is.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Apparently Hamonic is getting ready to fly into town sometime this week. This is according to Dhaliwal, said on his show.