Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Curmudgeon »

Good time for Boudreau to come in, 4 more games on this homestand, couple quick trips to San Jose along the way, and 8 out of the next 10 at home. A bit of a run here and we'll see where it leads to heading into game 37 against the Ducks then on to LA and Seattle.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:47 am Serious question here.

If the Canucks win the Cup this year do Benning and Green get their names on it?
Benning yes, Green no.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:24 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:17 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:55 pm I tried coming up with a top 10 list of Vancouver Canucks greatest Canadian hockey players of all time and discovered it to be a very list

1. Linden
2. Smyl
3. Bertuzzi
4. Luongo
5. McLean
6. Ronning
7. Tanti
8. Jovanovski
9. Burrows
10. Morrison

Made me realize we’ve never had a real superstar player from Canada
We’ve had one superstar and two stars. The Russian is a superstar, the twins are stars.
How about Mogilny and Larionov? :|
Larionov was never a true star player in the NHL. The numbers just don't bear that out. He was very good, and likely would have been a star player had he come over in his early or mid 20's instead of at 29.

And as much as Corn is gonna hate this, Messier was a superstar player in the NHL and he did spend some time in Vancouver.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cashing cheques doesn't count.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I may be wrong, but I think the best player to play for the Canucks was Bure. He was such a dynamic, skilled player.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BCExpat wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:13 am I may be wrong, but I think the best player to play for the Canucks was Bure. He was such a dynamic, skilled player.
You aren’t wrong. He was easily the team’s best team player.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BCExpat wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:13 am I may be wrong, but I think the best player to play for the Canucks was Bure. He was such a dynamic, skilled player.
Took many of those breakaway passes with the old two line pass offside rule still in effect. Think what he could do today.
"evolution"
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:42 pm
rikster wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:50 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:07 am I dont know Donny. I have no faith or confidence in ownership. Not since they screwed Gags right from the start. They are lying scumbags and think they are the smartest people in the room. Remember, they quashed almost any trade Gillis had worked out for Luongo. He personally flew to Florida to see Luongo to let him know he was staying. Now that one worked out. We got Bo and eventually we did trade Luongo and got Markstrom. Cory never fulfilled the promise we had for him while in NJ. A little luck and presto they are geniuses.

They never do anything straight up above board. They play head games with everyone. They pit people against one another to see who is left standing. They turn on everyone eventually. Success is their's and failure is everyone else's.
Ummm, think again…

Accusing them of being lying scumbags while posting an unhinged rant full of lies is just a tad hypocritical.

And why is it with some that when a signing or trade goes bad they are quick to condemn but when a deal works out its just luck?

Can’t have it both ways…
Something you want to say?
The politest thing I can say about your post is that you are overly naïve and haven't figured out that the ultra rich all have dirt on their halos...

Not only was the Gaglardi group unable to close on the Canucks purchase, but they lost court battle after court battle culminating in them having to pay the Aqualini legal costs in the Supreme Court of Canada....

In the words of a BC Supreme Court Justice...""When the partnership dissolved, the partners became free agents, equally at liberty to persuade their own interests,"

Gaglardi was fortunate that he wasn't sued for slander for comments and statements made similar to the ones you made in your post so you would be wise to carefully think about the accusations you post...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

There is the truth and there is what you can prove. In any event their reputations speak for themselves. I was very informed of all the happenings as they were happening and remember clearly the day it all went down. But hey, you obviously know more than I do. Thanks for informing me of the facts. I herby retract every nasty thing I have ever said about the Aquaman.

And no, I don't need to be educated on the facts of life. I am well aware of how the world works. But to justify behaviour simply because everyone does it is very, well, umm, Trumpish.

You sir are a pompous ass. I will agree to put you on ignore and I suggest you do the same to me. That way we can both live in our little fantasy bubbles undisturbed.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rikster didn’t even give Wids the standard “take care” :shock: . There’s some real animosity and vitriol between these two posters.

Someone might be heading to the train station. :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:13 pm You sir are a pompous ass. I will agree to put you on ignore and I suggest you do the same to me. That way we can both live in our little fantasy bubbles undisturbed.
In my opinion this is how you have come across to HW the last 2 days rikster.

She has always been a fair, knowledgeable, non-confrontational poster and has been that way for a long time. We've been lucky to have her around.

You're coming across as a bit agro and a trifle condescending.

Just saying.
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:25 pm Rikster didn’t even give Wids the standard “take care” :shock: . There’s some real animosity and vitriol between these two posters.

Only the vaccinated!
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

donlever wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:29 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:13 pm You sir are a pompous ass. I will agree to put you on ignore and I suggest you do the same to me. That way we can both live in our little fantasy bubbles undisturbed.
In my opinion this is how you have come across to HW the last 2 days rikster.

She has always been a fair, knowledgeable, non-confrontational poster and has been that way for a long time. We've been lucky to have her around.

You're coming across as a bit agro and a trifle condescending.

Just saying.
Leves stepping on for his bitches

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:25 pm Rikster didn’t even give Wids the standard “take care” :shock: . There’s some real animosity and vitriol between these two posters.

Like to leave town on the trainster?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:35 pm

Only the vaccinated!
donlever wrote: She has always been a fair, knowledgeable, non-confrontational poster and has been that way for a long time. We've been lucky to have her around.
Well.....mostly non-confrontational. :lol: