Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Tciso wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:49 am
Beerlover wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:11 pm To change the culture you move Horvat.

Obvious problem with that is he is their only centre. Its not about who they move out it is about who they bring in.
I am fine with that - if- he is the problem. Otherwise, you fuck the team up completely. This is the first we have heard about the culture problem. Let Allvin/Rutherford identify who the problem guys are, and then figure out who needs an attitude adjustement, and who needs the door.

And, so....what if the problem is actually Petey and Quinn, or Demko?????

Personally, I think that what Rutherford meant was that the players are all un-cultured, and need some quality time at the local ballet to get cultured.
Meh..

'culture issues' and 'divisions in the room' are usually the media taking a quote and either purposely miss timing it, or simply misinterpreting it to stir up a rumor for click bait.

I would really question the source on this as the PoHo usually is not 'the guy' with a pulse of the room... that's usually the coach...
but hey, lets not let logic ruin a good rumor.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:55 am https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancou ... -334589598

Canucks Sign Filip Johansson To Two-Year, Entry Level Contract

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/3 ... -johansson

Right Side Dman drafted 24th overall by the Wild in 2018.

The more Swedes, the merrier?

Someone get Per on the line...
From what I understand he will attend camp but then be sent back to Frölunda in the SHL. Maybe the following season, but they don’t think he is NHL ready and feel he’ll develop better in the SHL than the AHL.

I don’t really know a lot about him. Right shooter.
He had 11 points in 47 games this season but then 7 points in 9 playoff games.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He had a good playoffs apparently. Not a bad idea to get a young D man in the system. There’s fuck all there. Drafted the same year as Quinn Hughes. I guess the Wild get a compensatory pick at 6 in this years draft so I’m sure they are fine especially with the kid not improving very quickly.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:53 pm I guess the Wild get a compensatory pick at 6 in this years draft so I’m sure they are fine especially with the kid not improving very quickly.
Yes, the Wild will receive a compensatory pick at 56th overall I believe.

(result of not signing a first round selection)

(Johansson was drafted at #24 of the 1st round in 2018, so they get the 24th pick of the 2nd round in 2022)
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Nice to add a right handed dman prospect, he seems like a defensively responsible type, him scoring 5 goals in the playoffs has peaked my interest.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:47 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:53 pm I guess the Wild get a compensatory pick at 6 in this years draft so I’m sure they are fine especially with the kid not improving very quickly.
Yes, the Wild will receive a compensatory pick at 56th overall I believe.

(result of not signing a first round selection)

(Johansson was drafted at #24 of the 1st round in 2018, so they get the 24th pick of the 2nd round in 2022)
Yeah I meant 56- typo error. It’s a free prospect. May as well throw a couple darts here with him and Aman and Arsedeep. Might stumble into another Tanev or Burrows.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

Article on Johansson from Canucks Army. Without knowing how familiar the writer is with SHL, his criticisms probably should be taken with a grain of salt, however there may also be some validity given the fact the Wild chose not to sign him.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:53 pm Kyper flinging his poop around...
Judging by the on going commentary, it has found places to stick.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Arbour wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:05 am Article on Johansson from Canucks Army. Without knowing how familiar the writer is with SHL, his criticisms probably should be taken with a grain of salt, however there may also be some validity given the fact the Wild chose not to sign him.
In our viewing of Johansson, there’s not a lot to love about his defensive game. He’s not physical at all and goes with more of a stretch and poke type of defending instead of using leverage with the body to generate turnovers. He often gets caught pinching too much and those poorly timed pinches create concerns defensively.
Should fit right in with the Canucks then. ;) - but then he has one more year in the SHL to round out his game.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Arbour wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:05 am Article on Johansson from Canucks Army. Without knowing how familiar the writer is with SHL, his criticisms probably should be taken with a grain of salt, however there may also be some validity given the fact the Wild chose not to sign him.
Faber (writer) has a pretty decent eye for young talent and is usually accurate in his writing. He is objective and critical when necessary. Personally, as a guy who doesn't have much respect for most media, Faber is a decent one. I hope Canucks Army doesn't wreck the guy and turn him into a homer
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:24 am
Faber (writer) has a pretty decent eye for young talent and is usually accurate in his writing. He is objective and critical when necessary. Personally, as a guy who doesn't have much respect for most media, Faber is a decent one. I hope Canucks Army doesn't wreck the guy and turn him into a homer
Thanks Madcombinepilot. Faber certainly does seem to put a little more thought and substance into his articles, and takes the time to back up his criticism with examples.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Quinn Hughes and Luke Schenn had a baby and named him Quinn Schmiemann.

https://thecanuckway.com/2022/06/25/can ... t/?src=rss
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

He obviously takes after Hughes more since he is a left hand shot.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Rutherford on June 25th: (Taken from Canucks Army)

“It’s when you get into starting a long-term contract there does become more risk later in the long-term contract,” Rutherford said of signing players closer to 30 years old. And then he raised an example all on his own.

“With J.T. Miller, we’ve suggested we would like to keep him. He’s been a good player for the Canucks,” he said. “(But) it may not make sense for both sides. This is a time that he’s earned, going into free agency. We’d like to do it but we’ve got to be careful.”

Based upon everything that has been said and written it seems to me that the Canucks want Miller back but not on a long term contract. If they can't work out a deal in the 4-5 year range I doubt he comes back. Rutherford seems to be acknowledging that Miller has earned the right to go for that long term 7-8 year deal and it may not make sense for the Canucks to sign him to that or to Miller to sign a shorter deal now with the Canucks. Is he preparing the fans for the inevitable?
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:31 am Rutherford on June 25th: (Taken from Canucks Army)

“It’s when you get into starting a long-term contract there does become more risk later in the long-term contract,” Rutherford said of signing players closer to 30 years old. And then he raised an example all on his own.

“With J.T. Miller, we’ve suggested we would like to keep him. He’s been a good player for the Canucks,” he said. “(But) it may not make sense for both sides. This is a time that he’s earned, going into free agency. We’d like to do it but we’ve got to be careful.”

Based upon everything that has been said and written it seems to me that the Canucks want Miller back but not on a long term contract. If they can't work out a deal in the 4-5 year range I doubt he comes back. Rutherford seems to be acknowledging that Miller has earned the right to go for that long term 7-8 year deal and it may not make sense for the Canucks to sign him to that or to Miller to sign a shorter deal now with the Canucks. Is he preparing the fans for the inevitable?
I think so Wids. It makes very little sense logically to not step back for an asset reset. It's all dependent upon the return but if Miller wants term the pressure will build to move him and this will lower the return value.

IMO it needs to be sorted this summer
If you need air...call it in