Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Mickey107 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:16 am Bailey looks better than Chiasson to me.
That's what I thought as well. His speed was noticeable.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Micky wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:11 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:16 am Bailey looks better than Chiasson to me.
That's what I thought as well. His speed was noticeable.
Great speed but missing the hockey sense to know where to be and when unfortunately. Still a decent 4th liner and he can't be a worse PKer than what we've trotted out
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Except that Bailey can’t score. Fuck, he can barely get the puck on net during practice.

While slow, Chase is on can at least have a real threat on the 2nd PP. We already have enough guys who can’t score.

And just be patient. All you people who overvalue Canucks waiver fodder will get your chances at Gadjo later this season when he hits waivers again.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

There is no way Chiasser is getting bounced. Greener loves Chiasser, he gets his body net front, hard to do, special talent.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:11 pm There is no way Chiasser is getting bounced. Greener loves Chiasser, he gets his body net front, hard to do, special talent.
Drinking Green’s koolaid. Chiasson’s a hack in front of the net who usually score because the puck bounces off his out of control flailings. If Green had given Gadjovich those net front minutes he would have been better off.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:32 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:11 pm There is no way Chiasser is getting bounced. Greener loves Chiasser, he gets his body net front, hard to do, special talent.
Drinking Green’s koolaid. Chiasson’s a hack in front of the net who usually score because the puck bounces off his out of control flailings. If Green had given Gadjovich those net front minutes he would have been better off.
lol

Like I said, if you want Gadjo so bad, you can claim him off waivers later. He will be there.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:40 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:32 pm
lol

Like I said, if you want Gadjo so bad, you can claim him off waivers later. He will be there.
This is quite likely Combie. He has the hands but those cement skates he's wearing are straight out of the 90s

Other teams that claim waiver wire pieces don't wring their hands long on guys like the great Gadj...they move that piece along much quicker than the drafting team
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

LOL Chaser isn't the reason ewe keep getting beat you guys :lol:
el rey del mambo
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Team is uninspired right now.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:06 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:00 am
He does, and Gadjovich in the one game I saw him play as a Shark against the Jets Saturday was better than anything I've seen from Chiasson in any of the exhibition and regular season games he's played in as a Canuck. Keeping it in perspective, it wasn't great, just better and more promising.
I watched the same game and actually thought the opposite to be honest. He is still struggling with the pace and his foot speed is holding him back.

I'm not a big Chiasson fan or anything but have to be objective here with this and at this exact time and space, AC is the better player
I guess that speaks to different perspectives and the expectations of a fringe PTO player who has had boatloads of PP time and has provided nothing versus a homegrown 2nd rounder who's developing into the player they drafted him to be. Gadjovich looks like a better skater at this point than Chiasson IMO, and I'm thinking you'll disagree just on the basis one is still a Canuck while the other isn't.

And while one was on waivers, there were multiple claims put in on the player, the other couldn't even find a job and for good reason.
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Gadjovich was never given a chance by Green to show the one skill that might have been above average at the NHL level, using those sweet hands net front on the PP. Even in mean nothing games last season, or pre-season games this season he was never put in a position to succeed. That's on Green if Gadjovich finds a role at the NHL level and isn't waived again as predicted above.

Green should have done a head-to-head bag skate between Chiasson and Gadjovich, winner doesn't get waived. I'm sure Gadjovich would have taken it this season.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:52 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:06 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:00 am
He does, and Gadjovich in the one game I saw him play as a Shark against the Jets Saturday was better than anything I've seen from Chiasson in any of the exhibition and regular season games he's played in as a Canuck. Keeping it in perspective, it wasn't great, just better and more promising.
I watched the same game and actually thought the opposite to be honest. He is still struggling with the pace and his foot speed is holding him back.

I'm not a big Chiasson fan or anything but have to be objective here with this and at this exact time and space, AC is the better player
I guess that speaks to different perspectives and the expectations of a fringe PTO player who has had boatloads of PP time and has provided nothing versus a homegrown 2nd rounder who's developing into the player they drafted him to be. Gadjovich looks like a better skater at this point than Chiasson IMO, and I'm thinking you'll disagree just on the basis one is still a Canuck while the other isn't.

And while one was on waivers, there were multiple claims put in on the player, the other couldn't even find a job and for good reason.
You are probably correct to some degree on that and I am a strong advocate for focusing on what is relevant.

That said, I did throw cow shit at JB and TG for not giving the kid a shot but I like to think I am a fair judge of talent nonetheless, he still has serious mobility issues. I dont think he got a fair shake but I do doubt his impact at the NHL level moving forward.

Oh well...we got Chase-On and Carl Yagro has an Edler of his own to bitch about now just like Mëds
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:39 am That said, I did throw cow shit at JB and TG for not giving the kid a shot but I like to think I am a fair judge of talent nonetheless, he still has serious mobility issues. I dont think he got a fair shake but I do doubt his impact at the NHL level moving forward.

Oh well...we got Chase-On and Carl Yagro has an Edler of his own to bitch about now just like Mëds
Chiasson isn't fast enough to run down Roseanne Barr. The guy should never see one iota of power play time unless the trainer inadvertently bumped him from behind and he took it as message to get out there.
It's a nice story but this player isn't sustainable at a high level hockey for an entire season.
"evolution"
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Micky wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:31 am Chiasson isn't fast enough to run down Roseanne Barr.
:lol:
Micky wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:31 am The guy should never see one iota of power play time unless the trainer inadvertently bumped him from behind and he took it as message to get out there.
:lol:
Micky wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:31 am It's a nice story but this player isn't sustainable at a high level hockey for an entire season.
:thumbs:

...nice post Mick.
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

So I notice the Sharks had 6 regulars out last night due to covid protocol and a couple of others out with injuries.

Yet Gadjovich was still a healthy scratch. :sly:

He's been a healthy scratch in 6 of the 9 games with San Jose...

It's just a matter of time until he's back on waivers and I think, unlike Lind, Nucks would re-claim Gad given the opportunity.

What's the big deal here?

Gadjovich's ceiling is solid 4th liner if he continues to improve his skating.

Some here have their panties in a bigger bunch than Roseanne Barr watching an episode of The Conners... over this??

Good Lord people, try to relax lol.

When the team is 100% healthy, Chase is out of the lineup...
____
Try to focus on someday.