Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Something has to give in the next few days. The only thing saving jobs will be a huge heater and I don’t think this group is capable of that. Craig Button said the Canucks have cornered the market on bottom pairing D men. Can’t disagree. Only Quinn and OEL are legit top 4 guys. The rest are 5-9 guys in other organizations and that might be generous the way Myers has fell apart the last half dozen games. He looks appalling. OEL was carrying him for a dozen games or so but he has fallen off a cliff.

Both Patrick Johnston and Dreger saying that Jim would have already fired Travis by now if he were allowed to. Frank Servalli saying the Canucks are not returning other teams phone calls is….interesting.

Tomorrow might be the straw that breaks the camels back.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Could be just the usual..

A lot of rumours fueled by the media are circulating because the team is slumped, and none of the mongers have any kind of source, so they just make a bunch of shit up….

And when the smoke clears, the ones circulating the correct rumours (correct being defined as ‘hind site’) will scream from the rooftops: “I TOLD YOU SO!!”
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:45 pm Something has to give in the next few days.

……..

I agree with the first sentence, and hope like hell the second is true. The sooner the wound is drained of pus, the sooner it can heal.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:50 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:45 pm Something has to give in the next few days.

……..

I agree with the first sentence, and hope like hell the second is true. The sooner the wound is drained of pus, the sooner it can heal.
We've been saying this for weeks though.

This must be the worst period in Canucks history since the LaForge days. Fuck that's depressing
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Yeah. This is fugly.....and with a genius at the helm no less!

:roll:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I read something I can't find now...

Targets in a Pettersson trade: Chabot, Dahlin, Chychrun, Heisher, Barzal, Fiala

I'd do Chabot, Dahlin or Barzal straight across
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Trading Pettersson has the potential to being the closest terrible mistake since the Neely trade.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:00 pm Trading Pettersson has the potential to being the closest terrible mistake since the Neely trade.
It would be like if we traded the Sedins, who were skinny underachievers at this point in their careers.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:00 pm Trading Pettersson has the potential to being the closest terrible mistake since the Neely trade.
The article compares his stat line to Paul Stastny and how his first 2 seasons were his statistical best. The other comparable was Galchenyuk

He's shown significant periods of elite talent but also long stretches where he's invisible and or ineffective. I know there is talk of the wrist and I hate to point it out but he was invisible before he got hurt last year. Couple this with his proclamation of being 100% and the fact that he looks microscopic small and slow as molasses...I dunno man but I don't want a fucking Galchenyuk thanks
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:17 pm
It would be like if we traded the Sedins, who were skinny underachievers at this point in their careers.
They had a steady and gradual improvement every year. This guy was Wayne Gretzky and is now Alex Galchenyuk.

Dafuq man
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Well we aren't trading him for an over-the-hill Pederson, the idea would be to trade him for someone the same age and of similar value.

The crappy part is that right now Benning would be throwing in the extra cheddar because Petey is playing like shit.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:17 pm
Except they weren't skinny and pouty. And they were steadily improving whereas Perimetersson is steadily getting worse.

The Sedins were also playing 2nd and 3rd line minutes behind the WCE line. Not expected to be crucial to the primary scoring production.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Mëds wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:25 pm The crappy part is that right now Benning would be throwing in the extra cheddar because Petey is playing like shit.
For complete transparency.

So did Jack Gordon...
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:25 pm
Well we aren't trading him for an over-the-hill Pederson, the idea would be to trade him for someone the same age and of similar value.

The crappy part is that right now Benning would be throwing in the extra cheddar because Petey is playing like shit.
If we could convert him into say Thomas Chabot I think I could get over him. Even Barzal...he's been almost as good as EP over the same sort of timeline. How about Rasmus Dahlin plus something more even?
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Yeah....I don't get the EP thing yet for sure.

Looks like a soft, entitled, mopey, sullen, easily pushed aside, simply defended, don't want to work for where I need to be middle of the road wannabe to me so far.

Hope I see what y'all who defend him so religiously saw one day.
DeLevering since 1999.