Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:56 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:00 pm I think there might be something in the new CBA to prevent a Meier type situation from occurring again.
You are correct sir!

I've mentioned it a few times...
I would actually have no idea, I don't share the Doctor's ability to have all of the details of the CBA at the tip of my tongue.

I probably ask the most questions about CBA minutia, and I'm waiting for the day I can stump Doc!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Ok. I am over the loss to the Oilers.

So, where does the lynch mob start?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:25 pm Ok. I am over the loss to the Oilers.

Wait until they are 20 games into the season before doing anything rash. It's really too early to tell how things will shake out, not only for the Canucks, but for all the teams in the Pacific. Do you really think Vegas is as bad as their record to date indicates? I'm a Flames fan and I'm not reading too much into their hot start - everything could still implode on them.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Pretty balanced there x'pat, truth is we don't know where the Canucks will be after 2o games: appreciating/ hoping for a turn around re: goal scoring or looking at hell. Gonna be lots of eyes on the nucks - rangers game
cc oldtimer
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:24 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:16 pm Think we still need a #3C center.

Our top faceoff dudes: Miller #1, Horvat #2, Lammikko #3.

Dickinson F/O% 37.7 and Petey F/O% 31.3 are both bad in the faceoff dot.
Dicky is solid but for whatever reason he just doesn't win the big draws. If he did he'd probably be worth alot more on the cap.

I find it quite interesting that faceoff coaching is so important. Manny Mo was a painful loss
We can probably hire him back when he gets fired in Toronto
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

BCExpat wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:13 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:25 pm Ok. I am over the loss to the Oilers.

Wait until they are 20 games into the season before doing anything rash. It's really too early to tell how things will shake out, not only for the Canucks, but for all the teams in the Pacific. Do you really think Vegas is as bad as their record to date indicates? I'm a Flames fan and I'm not reading too much into their hot start - everything could still implode on them.
Why wait 20 games?

What we see now from Green is what we have seen since he came here. I did not want him resigned, but they did and as a Canucks fan I hoped for the best. Well 7 games in and I see the same fucked up team that I have seen for a while, sure there is a lot of blame to be spread around starting with JB, Coaching and players but JB only has one option.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

meh. I wasnt really raging about the Canucks. I was just bored and looking for a riot.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

So Hamonic comes up, Rathbone goes down. Probably Pod next down for Petan or Di Giuseppe.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:07 am So Hamonic comes up, Rathbone goes down. Probably Pod next down for Petan or Di Giuseppe.
Di Giuseppe would make some sense. He's been their best forward down there on a pretty consistent basis. Petan doesn't really add anything up here but he is a very good AHL center and Abby suffers when he's not there.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:49 am

meh. I wasnt really raging about the Canucks. I was just bored and looking for a riot.
You'll have to fly out here one time to participate in really good riot MCP. There's really nothing like a good Vancouver sports riot, every Canucks fan should experience it once in their lifetime. If it isn't on your bucket list, it really should be ;)
el rey del mambo
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:09 am
Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:07 am So Hamonic comes up, Rathbone goes down. Probably Pod next down for Petan or Di Giuseppe.
Di Giuseppe would make some sense. He's been their best forward down there on a pretty consistent basis. Petan doesn't really add anything up here but he is a very good AHL center and Abby suffers when he's not there.
You're right, no doubt. I only put it out there because of the positional issue with Dickinson wounded and Dowling out, but from the little I saw, PDG's the guy.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Mr Aquilini getting 'frustrated.'

This doesn't auger well for Travis' job security I don't think:
Francesco Aquilini
@fr_aquilini

Frustrating night

https://twitter.com/fr_aquilini/status/ ... 88352?s=20
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:15 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:09 am
You're right, no doubt. I only put it out there because of the positional issue with Dickinson wounded and Dowling out, but from the little I saw, PDG's the guy.
I didn't realize Dickinson was hurt that badly?
el rey del mambo
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Catching "Donnie & Dhali" and they're talking about people being down on Poolman and I don't get it. At the time, I thought the signing was questionable at best, but IMO he's easily played up to his contract so far.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Meg, Dickinson missed some game and practice time, so I was assuming he was still on the mend. Could be wrong though.

With the Aquilini tweet, I saw it the other night and think I mentioned it in another thread, pretty ominous sign for sure. Who knows with this team. lol