Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:12 am
Aaronp18 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:33 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:41 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:32 pm So who's this Kusmenko? Van supposedly has an inside track on signing him. Best player in the K or something...
We were talking about him a while back:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 86#p474686

Like Aaron says, "free asset, why not!"
What an astute statement!

I mean he’s subject to the ELC isn’t he? Rumour is he wants a spot in the NHL? Sure, you have one on the “Canucks”.

:mrgreen:
Google says he is 26. So, he is exempt from the elc rules. They apply until age 24
Article 9.1(c) NHLPA CBA...

"... a European Player who signs his first SPC at ages 25-27 shall be subject to the Entry Level System for one (1) year. A European Player who signs his first SPC at age 28 or older is not subject to the Entry Level System under any circumstances."

Kuzmenko must sign a one-year Entry Level Contract...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:02 am
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:28 pm
donlever wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:27 pm Jack Lemmon receives not enough credit.
Agreed, he was great!
I always mix him up with Jack Klugman. Aka Quincey. Both were good.
Well each of them played one-half of The Odd Couple at some point.

One the Oscar half and one the Felix half.

The one who played the Felix half should have won an Oscar! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...not even nominated I don't believe which may be even worse.

Not sure what he was up against however.
DeLevering since 1999.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:29 pm
Tciso wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:12 am
Aaronp18 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:33 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:41 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:32 pm So who's this Kusmenko? Van supposedly has an inside track on signing him. Best player in the K or something...
We were talking about him a while back:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 86#p474686

Like Aaron says, "free asset, why not!"
What an astute statement!

I mean he’s subject to the ELC isn’t he? Rumour is he wants a spot in the NHL? Sure, you have one on the “Canucks”.

:mrgreen:
Google says he is 26. So, he is exempt from the elc rules. They apply until age 24
Article 9.1(c) NHLPA CBA...

"... a European Player who signs his first SPC at ages 25-27 shall be subject to the Entry Level System for one (1) year. A European Player who signs his first SPC at age 28 or older is not subject to the Entry Level System under any circumstances."

Kuzmenko must sign a one-year Entry Level Contract...
My bad. Capfriendly (surprisingly) did not mention the European clause.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

No problemo Tciso, it doesn't come up much so hardly ever mentioned...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

As mentioned elsewhere, Linus Karlsson made the preliminary roster for Sweden’s world championship team.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

rats19 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:48 am Bruce there it is…

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canuck ... -334050974
Nice, Mgmt continues to show some good sense with their moves (limited as they are so far). Not re-signing BB to a long term deal was the right thing for the Org. Gives them flexibility to see how a full year goes, and extend him then, or see if other coaches hit the market next year that might fit better.

Who knows, but flexibility is key.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:29 pm Kuzmenko must sign a one-year Entry Level Contract...
Kuzie probably signs a similar deal like Panarin did with Chicago (*note, not talking about them skill wise, just contract).

Panarin: Cap hit: $812K, $3.5M AAV, Performance bonuses $2.8M, Signing Bonus $92,500, Base Salary $607,500.
2nd year was similar.
According to Igor Eronko, a vice-president with SKA St. Petersburg, Panarin’s KHL club, confirmed that the 23-year-old winger has signed a deal that has an out-clause: if Panarin isn’t on Chicago’s roster next season, he is free to return to St. Petersburg.

There were a number of teams reportedly after Panarin, but it’s hard not to wonder if the ability for him to so freely return to the KHL tipped the scales in Chicago’s favor.

It’s an interesting structure for a contract and one for Panarin that protects him from spending the season in the AHL if he can’t crack the Blackhawks’ roster – one of the toughest lineups in the NHL to get into. While there’s nothing wrong with playing in the AHL, Panarin likely wasn’t interested in coming over to North America to play anywhere but the NHL. That it appears SKA retains his KHL rights allows Panarin to know exactly what’s next in his career should he not be playing in the Windy City to start 2015-16.

What will help Panarin in making the Blackhawks’ roster is the cap crunch Chicago is under. The Blackhawks have roughly $64 million tied up in salary for next season with Brandon Saad and Marcus Kruger up for new contracts at the end of the year.

There will be at least one spot open for a forward, but there’s potential for Chicago to shed salary up front – Patrick Sharp or Bryan Bickell could be among those moved.

https://thehockeynews.com/news/khl-stan ... hl-or-bust
With the team not coming off a Cup finals, this team can guarantee him a spot in the lineup, and at his age, he is in prime time mode anyways.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

rats19 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:48 am Bruce there it is…

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canuck ... -334050974
:thumbs: :thumbs:
"We are pleased to see Bruce's commitment to return to the Canucks next season," said Allvin. "He has done a great job since arriving in Vancouver and we are eager to see the team continue to perform under his leadership as they did during the second half of the season."

"My desire has always been to come back to coach this team," said Boudreau. "I love the organization, city, fans, and the players. I'm also grateful for the opportunity provided to me by Jim and Patrik to continue building what we started."
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Someone like Adam Gaudette... why wouldn't he spend two years with us so that we can groom him and get him better... as opposed to something that is maybe rushed
- Trent Cull

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet650/status ... layoffs%2F
I’ve been in that Tampa organization. Unless those guys are utter superstars, everybody spends time in Syracuse, New York before they go to Tampa. So, that would be a bit of a difference right there [to Vancouver] and a great example would be someone like Adam Gaudette
We can’t have a guy who only plays 16 games pro and then he’s gonna play in the NHL and then wonder why he’s not maybe the right product for the group moving forward
You need time to acclimate to the National Hockey League
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks ... hed-to-nhl
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:35 pm
Someone like Adam Gaudette... why wouldn't he spend two years with us so that we can groom him and get him better... as opposed to something that is maybe rushed
- Trent Cull

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet650/status ... layoffs%2F
I’ve been in that Tampa organization. Unless those guys are utter superstars, everybody spends time in Syracuse, New York before they go to Tampa. So, that would be a bit of a difference right there [to Vancouver] and a great example would be someone like Adam Gaudette
We can’t have a guy who only plays 16 games pro and then he’s gonna play in the NHL and then wonder why he’s not maybe the right product for the group moving forward
You need time to acclimate to the National Hockey League
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks ... hed-to-nhl
#BenningBuilt
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Benning: drafts a bunch of NHL ready players except Gaudette

Cull: (sees all the gunnings going on in canuckland right after his underwhelming display of player development)
I should have had more NHL ready prospects to prop up my failings
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

:? 6 in 8 years is a bunch of NHL ready players?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:00 am :? 6 in 8 years is a bunch of NHL ready players?
Quality Blob.

(Almost) 3 Calder's in 3 years.

The rest were given to Cull (and his predecessors) to develop and we see how that turned out.
If you need air...call it in