Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:35 pm I honestly haven't seen anything from Chase On to be excited about.

He offers nothing at even strength because he can't skate or check. His hands, passing or shooting is average at best. He can't play down the lineup so you are going to saddle your best players with him? This isn't McDavid & Drasaitl feeding him apples anymore.

His bread & butter is net front presence on the PP. But every time I watch him try to get involved with the setup by handling the puck... it's gone, man. The only thing he does well is go to the net and screen the goalie. Don't let him touch the puck.

If you want a vet to protect Hogs or Pods from too much pressure, is there nobody else better out there?

I'm not a huge fan of Petan, but as a placeholder, he is infinitely more useful on special teams play. At the very least, he can kill penalties.
Actually I don't think Petan is much of a pk option. They've been trying him there but I think historically he's been more of an offensive tweener type player.
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I agree. I didn't say Petan was good. He has been average and played better on special teams. Still pretty atrocious 5 on 5, which is not surprising.

I'm just trying to find something good to say about TG's roster decision making.
Focus on the NOW
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:13 pm
I'm just trying to find something good to say about TG's roster decision making.
Miller back with Pettersson!

(And ChaseOn)
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Anybody read that daily hive interview of benning where he said in regards to hamonic “it’s bigger than what you guys think it is”. That’s pretty telling, hopefully, he and his family are okay.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:05 am Anybody read that daily hive interview of benning where he said in regards to hamonic “it’s bigger than what you guys think it is”. That’s pretty telling, hopefully, he and his family are okay.
I did read that, agree, hope everyone is okay. I am actually surprised the Canucks can't LTIR him at this time.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

theman wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:10 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:05 am Anybody read that daily hive interview of benning where he said in regards to hamonic “it’s bigger than what you guys think it is”. That’s pretty telling, hopefully, he and his family are okay.
I did read that, agree, hope everyone is okay. I am actually surprised the Canucks can't LTIR him at this time.
I think (And i could e wrong here) that in order for Hammer to LTIR, he actually has to show up, at which point there is fitness testing. If he fails fitness standards, the team would be forced to suspend him with no LTIR option.. OR if he LTIR's, then the Canucks have to report something to the league in which case, its no longer private...

I think thats the options they team was looking at, so they claimed personal issues and sent him down.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Renaud Lavoie@renlavoietva
Alex Chiasson was in Canucks training camp on a PTO and looks like his statuts could change today.
10:20 AM · Oct 12, 2021
[TVA Sports] Alex Chiasson will be signing with the Canucks
Alex Chiasson semble avoir gagner un poste avec les @Canucks
et on devrait à apprendre plus à ce sujet dans la journée.
@TVASports
10:18 AM · Oct 12, 2021
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:54 am
[TVA Sports] Alex Chiasson will be signing with the Canucks
Alex Chiasson semble avoir gagner un poste avec les @Canucks
et on devrait à apprendre plus à ce sujet dans la journée.
@TVASports
10:18 AM · Oct 12, 2021
holy fuck Ghomer.

you posting in Ghomerese is bad enough, but copying Twitter posts in another language as well?!?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Vancouver Canucks have agreed to terms with forward Alex Chiasson to a one-year contract valued at $750,000, the club announced Tuesday morning.
2022 - Playoff Bound
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:23 am The Vancouver Canucks have agreed to terms with forward Alex Chiasson to a one-year contract valued at $750,000, the club announced Tuesday morning.
He had an off year for the Oilers last year but he's really been a pretty consistent points producer over the years. He had been making $2,150,000 per so this seems a really good signing for our team.
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I think if it was a legit mental health thing they could, but if it’s more him being home for his daughter if she’s having health issues, I don’t know what’s available for that. Hopefully everything turns out ok
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:41 am
I think if it was a legit mental health thing they could, but if it’s more him being home for his daughter if she’s having health issues, I don’t know what’s available for that. Hopefully everything turns out ok
It's surely this and if so all the power to him. Adding him mid season probably will be a boost anyway
If you need air...call it in
Curmudgeon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:23 am The Vancouver Canucks have agreed to terms with forward Alex Chiasson to a one-year contract valued at $750,000, the club announced Tuesday morning.
The ZERO goals and two measly points while playing a regular shift on the top two lines and first PP unit in four preseason games must have really impressed the coach.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:25 pm
The ZERO goals and two measly points while playing a regular shift on the top two lines and first PP unit in four preseason games must have really impressed the coach.
Yeah.. if MacEwen gets claimed off of waivers, I will be unimpressed. I could handle losing one of Gadjo OR MacEwen, losing both reduces organizational toughness.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:38 pm Yeah.. if MacEwen gets claimed off of waivers, I will be unimpressed. I could handle losing one of Gadjo OR MacEwen, losing both reduces removes organizational toughness.
FYP
2022 - Playoff Bound