Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:57 pm Pearson on Podkolzin:
Tanner Pearson on Vasily Podkolzin: He’s a big strong kid. Look at him, he’s a unit. #Canucks
@Sportsnet650

So we have, the Alien, the Elf and now the Unit.
The flow…..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:58 pm Megs broke the news a couple of days back Wids...
About the Unit or Benning's kids?
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:02 pm
donlever wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:58 pm Megs broke the news a couple of days back Wids...
About the Unit or Benning's kids?
The latter: http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 26#p451226
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

rats19 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:59 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:57 pm Pearson on Podkolzin:
Tanner Pearson on Vasily Podkolzin: He’s a big strong kid. Look at him, he’s a unit. #Canucks
@Sportsnet650

So we have, the Alien, the Elf and now the Unit.
The flow…..
Yes forgot the Flow.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Oh, those threads I never visit. Sorry, feel free to delete.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:03 pm Oh, those threads I never visit. Sorry, feel free to delete.
Nah, tis fine, others also don't read those threads...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:03 pm
Yes forgot the Flow.
When the river runs red...

Take the dirt trail
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Not sure what is up with TH but I hope JB can use that cap space to find a defender.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:27 pm Not sure what is up with TH but I hope JB can use that cap space to find a defender.
Yeah.. watching last nights game, and the 3 before it.. this team is missing something. Not sure if it’s a player or not. Passes in feet or skipping over sticks, bad reads in the defensive zone, no real pushback when someone takes a hit… can’t decide yet if it’s a skill problem, a preparation problem, chemistry with players problem, or a lack of a skill/character problem.. but I think there is something missing.

This team might just need ‘an incident’ of some kind to gel and have everyone start clicking.. but when Garland has to drag the team into the fight in the second period of each game opposed to them simply going to war for each other when the pick first drops, there is something missing.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:18 am
2Fingers wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:27 pm Not sure what is up with TH but I hope JB can use that cap space to find a defender.
Yeah.. watching last nights game, and the 3 before it.. this team is missing something. Not sure if it’s a player or not. Passes in feet or skipping over sticks, bad reads in the defensive zone, no real pushback when someone takes a hit… can’t decide yet if it’s a skill problem, a preparation problem, chemistry with players problem, or a lack of a skill/character problem.. but I think there is something missing.

This team might just need ‘an incident’ of some kind to gel and have everyone start clicking.. but when Garland has to drag the team into the fight in the second period of each game opposed to them simply going to war for each other when the pick first drops, there is something missing.
They're missing balls
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Yeah last night really showed a lot of disorder. When the 2 top forwards in Petey and Brock are rusty and missing passes, it's a big hole. Miller is putting up points, but still missing a lot. Hughes isn't 100% in game shape either.

I think a lot of it is rust, mixed in with a lack of chemistry - not knowing where your linemate might be, and some of it might just be mental. The team can make things happens when it focuses, but those moments are far and few between.

Add in that they are trying new systems and although we have the most talented team we've seen in years, it's still a patchwork that needs to come together. Green has his work cut out for him, but unlike others, I don't see him going anywhere for a while.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:23 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:18 am

They're missing balls
Or leadership. Especially from behind the bench. That's where the motivation has to start. When you've seen what some of our players can do and what they are now, it has to at least beg the question. Guess they don't feel the urgency to commit to a system, if there even is one right now.
These guys are all over the place.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:30 am Hughes isn't 100% in game shape either.
He was invisible last night

:mrgreen:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:30 am Yeah last night really showed a lot of disorder. When the 2 top forwards in Petey and Brock are rusty and missing passes, it's a big hole. Miller is putting up points, but still missing a lot. Hughes isn't 100% in game shape either.

I think a lot of it is rust, mixed in with a lack of chemistry - not knowing where your linemate might be, and some of it might just be mental. The team can make things happens when it focuses, but those moments are far and few between.

Add in that they are trying new systems and although we have the most talented team we've seen in years, it's still a patchwork that needs to come together. Green has his work cut out for him, but unlike others, I don't see him going anywhere for a while.
I agree with you to a point but as fans we always give them reasons on why they are playing bad. Before the season started there was concern about the coaching, D, PP and PK, and 4 games in all 4 are not doing that well. Even with the rust off I have only seen 1 game where it seems the team had a plan and that was the first game. In game 2 only a dumb shit like TG goes into trap mode early in the third period when they are up 4 - 2 instead of going for the 5th goal.

JB has spent a lot of time fixing the forwards, which is not a concern, but he now needs to concentrate on the D and get some help back there.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:59 am I agree with you to a point but as fans we always give them reasons on why they are playing bad. Before the season started there was concern about the coaching, D, PP and PK, and 4 games in all 4 are not doing that well. Even with the rust off I have only seen 1 game where it seems the team had a plan and that was the first game. In game 2 only a dumb shit like TG goes into trap mode early in the third period when they are up 4 - 2 instead of going for the 5th goal.

JB has spent a lot of time fixing the forwards, which is not a concern, but he now needs to concentrate on the D and get some help back there.
Oh I'm not saying there are holes - that's a given (especially on D). Watching the SAME powerplay last night was frustrating. Not much of a man advantage when you have 4 skaters and 1 pylon waiting for the puck. No offense, Petey - but you need to start moving.

I've never been a Green fan - and I would have liked to have seen him gone years ago, but here we are. I don't think Benning has it in him to can him mid-season. Green hasn't improved much since he got here. And yes, when you have a game plan that is actually working (game 2), you stick with it.

Lots of room for improvement, and special teams need a lot of work. Green isn't the guy to take this team to the next level.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."