Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:07 am Just realized that NHL.tv has died off and been resurrected on ESPN+

It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I used to get the NHL 'one team' package, but now have ESPN+ as part of the Disney+ bundle (with Hulu).

So I'm 'assuming' at this point, I get all the (non-blackout) games.
That Disney bundle is great.....the ESPN part isn't available in Canada.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Mëds wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:55 am
Cornuck wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:07 am Just realized that NHL.tv has died off and been resurrected on ESPN+

It will be interesting to see how that plays out. I used to get the NHL 'one team' package, but now have ESPN+ as part of the Disney+ bundle (with Hulu).

Looks like ESPN has the game tomorrow, so that's a bonus. :)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:02 pm
Mëds wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:55 am

Looks like ESPN has the game tomorrow, so that's a bonus. :)
Not for me… don’t get espn need a stream or something I guess
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:09 pm
damonberryman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:53 pm There I sat
broken hearted
paid a dime
and only farted

I mean come on!! Do you even keep your dimes anymore?
Ah yes, this is the kind of culture we nurture here at the Corner...

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 42#p110842
Thank you. I thought it was fitting given the recent substance of this thread. I have more and am encouraged by your support.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

??? Still have nhl.tv, all fine in good ol' europe. 😇
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Kenji
MVP
MVP

Post by Kenji »

The longer we wait for Hamonit do you think there would be some sort of plan to dump his contract? I don’t know how it could be done if vaccine is actually a choice.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Kenji wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:12 pm The longer we wait for Hamonit do you think there would be some sort of plan to dump his contract? I don’t know how it could be done if vaccine is actually a choice.
A coilers article said that Josh Archibald is the only player on canadian teams that isn't vaccinated. But Coiler fans might not know where the boarders are.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Kenji wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:12 pm The longer we wait for Hamonit do you think there would be some sort of plan to dump his contract? I don’t know how it could be done if vaccine is actually a choice.
I think we'd be stuck with the contract, it'd be immovable if he's unvaxxed.

The trick is to ask him if he's had his jabs or not before signing him to a contract...
el rey del mambo
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Interesting that if a player isn't vaxxed, the contract (maybe) could be voided? Which could lead to any unvaxxed players wanting out of a contract to void their contract, get vaxxed, then sign where they want.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Yeah, I don't think there would be recourse for termination in these types of situations. That would open a huge can of worms. League can only put flexible rules in places according to Can/US government restrictions. Teams are stuck with situations like Tyler Bertuzzi.

The trick is to find out if a person is willing to get jabbed before signing a contract... but that's also a slippery slope.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

If he lied about getting jabbed up maybe we can void the sucker and sign the twins long term with the additional funds.

Jimmy did say he would be in camp which leads me to believe he might have.
el rey del mambo
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:33 pm

The trick is to ask him if he's had his jabs or not before signing him to a contract...
Could be possible to trade him to a US team at a discount. An unvaxxed player on a US team will be available for all games against other US teams. An unvaxxed player on a Canadian team will only be available for games against other Canadian teams. The difference in games missed is huge, but depending on which division the team plays in.

And of course, it is possible that travel restrictions will be eased before the season is over.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Per wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:53 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:33 pm

Could be possible to trade him to a US team at a discount. An unvaxxed player on a US team will be available for all games against other US teams. An unvaxxed player on a Canadian team will only be available for games against other Canadian teams. The difference in games missed is huge, but depending on which division the team plays in.

And of course, it is possible that travel restrictions will be eased before the season is over.
I think there are some buildings in the US that aren't admitting unvaxxed people so he might not be able to play all games in the states either. Madison Square Garden might be one. The union wouldn't be happy about it by I'm not sure how it's going to work in practice. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I can believe we signed an unvaccinated player in the summer though. Jeezus :oops:
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Also, if we could by some stroke of luck trade him to a US based team how does he get across the border?

I'm not sure?
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Would he be able to play home games for the Canucks? We have rules policy around indoor sporting events here in BC and the Canucks are completely on board with it with their own organizational policy.

How special are hockey players considered I wonder?
el rey del mambo