Next seasons roster - Part 2

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who should the Canucks resign or bring back for next season?

Sutter
4%
Vesey
No votes
Virtanen
1%
Bowey
4%
Chatfield
5%
Edler
15%
Hamonic
21%
Juolevi
20%
Holtby
9%
Dipietro
22%

Total votes: 81

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Next seasons roster - Part 2

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Gravy can come back, the H guys can as well but the feces's, boyds, mcanus's...flush all that shite
If you need air...call it in
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:35 pm Gravy can come back, the H guys can as well but the feces's, boyds, mcanus's...flush all that shite
Yup. Benning has to sort out the floaters from the sinkers in the sea of Granlunds.

Sadly, Granlund would be a step up from most of those turds.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I would like to see NO ONE on the Canucks 4th line next season making more than 2 mil per season.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Tciso wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:49 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:35 pm Gravy can come back, the H guys can as well but the feces's, boyds, mcanus's...flush all that shite
Yup. Benning has to sort out the floaters from the sinkers in the sea of Granlunds.

Actually, this is very true. Oh well; other then Highmore, most simply wont be offered contracts. When the playoff conclude, It's shopping time!!!
Kidding a bit there. Just going to be positive and go on the assumption Podkolzin takes a regular spot right off the bat. That leaves what? four more?
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No he absolutely wouldn’t. Granlund sucks shit
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:52 am

No he absolutely wouldn’t. Granlund sucks shit
So do Vesey and Boyd! It's kinda like picking your favorite flavor of shit. Domestic or European.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

We could be looking at a four righty/two lefty scenario on the blueline this year if Schenn knocks Olli and Rathbone out of the six hole and I like his chances personally. If so, which righty switches over to the left side? Could it be The Stork paired with, say, Luke Schenn on the right side?

The local youtube nerdy guy weighs in with his roster outlook:

*Schenn getting a lot of support in the comment section :D
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:48 pm The local youtube nerdy guy weighs in with his roster outlook:
He's more of a cross between a nerd and tard really.

A "nard"? A "terd"?

And a cat guy to boot!
____
Try to focus on someday.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:48 pm We could be looking at a four righty/two lefty scenario on the blueline this year if Schenn knocks Olli and Rathbone out of the six hole and I like his chances personally. If so, which righty switches over to the left side? Could it be The Stork paired with, say, Luke Schenn on the right side?
Schenn might put Poolman on the bench to start the season.
I like most of the moves Jimbro has done this summer, but that 4 year Poolman contract concerns me the most.
The Jets moved on for a reason
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

dangler wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:58 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:48 pm We could be looking at a four righty/two lefty scenario on the blueline this year if Schenn knocks Olli and Rathbone out of the six hole and I like his chances personally. If so, which righty switches over to the left side? Could it be The Stork paired with, say, Luke Schenn on the right side?
I like most of the moves Jimbro has done this summer, but that 4 year Poolman contract concerns me the most.
4 x 2.5 is peanuts after what we've been though dangly.

Its slightly more than fuck all but still quite a bit less than anything to worry about
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dangler wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:58 pm The Jets moved on for a reason
Two reasons.

Nate Schmidt and Brenden Dillon.

Both acquired just before UFA season opened.

Both upgrades on Poolman and both paid like it.

In a way he was almost like part of the Schmidt trade.

Why worry?

Even if he turns out to be dog poo the buyout number (per year) is only $800K.

Having said that, he's more likely the bottom pairing guy who can fill in top 4 he's paid to be.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I don't mind the Poolman deal, it fills a need fairly cheaply. The Jets moved on from Myers as well, and I'll take the Poolman deal over that one all day long. It's the Pearson contract that kinda bothers me a little, but I have to admit I'm not getting paid the big bucks to run this ship so I might as well relax.
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I'm not a huge fan of the Pearson signing myself, but I can see why it was done. It's a youngish, serviceable top 9 vet who's had success with Bo and can protect Hogs and Pods until they prove they're ready for a bigger role.

My hope is that they can seriously consider moving his contract for assets or depth sometime next season.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:09 pm
4 x 2.5 is peanuts after what we've been though dangly.

Its slightly more than fuck all but still quite a bit less than anything to worry about
Jim didn't put any protection in there either. I think he'll outplay Schenn in camp. I think the whole idea was depth and plenty of it.
"evolution"