2021 TDD

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: 2021 TDD

Post by Carl Yagro »

I expected something like the Benn trade, but Gaudette? Wasn't expecting that.

Not sure if there were any stories in the room, so I agree it's likely Gaudette wasn't on the right development path and with his pending RFA, that made him expendable.

And we know JB makes those decisions quickly once his mind is made up that a young player isn't progressing to where he wants him to be. Still, on paper it seem like a bit of a lower return.

WTH? The new name changes of two esteem CC members are somehow even worse than their last.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya the Gaudette move is a little of a mystery. I would have preferred a 5th or 6th round pick. But he was a player Benning obviously was not going to re-sign so it shaves a touch off the cap this season and saves on cap if we were to re-sign him, and we may need Highmore to finish the season. He can also be exposed. And you are right, when Benning decides a younger player no longer fits he will move them out for next to nothing just to clear the roster. But Benning's comments were somewhat telling. Gaudette felt he should be playing top six, the Canucks did not think that.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:22 am I expected something like the Benn trade, but Gaudette? Wasn't expecting that.

Not sure if there were any stories in the room, so I agree it's likely Gaudette wasn't on the right development path and with his pending RFA, that made him expendable.

And we know JB makes those decisions quickly once his mind is made up that a young player isn't progressing to where he wants him to be. Still, on paper it seem like a bit of a lower return.

WTH? The new name changes of two esteem CC members are somehow even worse than their last.
I dont like people looking at my neck
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:22 am

I think UDL’s new name has something to do with how Blobs ass tastes according to the BerryMan
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:22 am I expected something like the Benn trade, but Gaudette? Wasn't expecting that.

Now I've had a few hours and slept on it, I'm sorry we gave up on this guy. I too think just a late round pick would have been better then a project player. Maybe he can be depth in Utica.
Gaudette has had a terrible year so far but so have others. Travis Green's weird decisions and deployments have not exactly had desirable results for a few Canuck players. Guess things are so tight this really was about a couple hundred thousand bucks. Makes for a little extra resentment towards a couple or three of the over paid old goats still on the team.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:16 am

I think UDL’s new name has something to do with how Blobs ass tastes according to the BerryMan
Roid rage

raging hemorrhoids

dingle berries
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:23 am Ya the Gaudette move is a little of a mystery. I would have preferred a 5th or 6th round pick. But he was a player Benning obviously was not going to re-sign so it shaves a touch off the cap this season and saves on cap if we were to re-sign him, and we may need Highmore to finish the season. He can also be exposed. And you are right, when Benning decides a younger player no longer fits he will move them out for next to nothing just to clear the roster. But Benning's comments were somewhat telling. Gaudette felt he should be playing top six, the Canucks did not think that.
I suppose less of a mystery now. Benning on record today saying they were disappointed with Gaudettes lack of progress this season and expected another step forward after last year. However the playoffs and 20 point pace this year seems to have changed their minds on him.
Last edited by Meds on Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:27 am
I dont like people looking at my neck
:evil: No Excuse! You're better than that (maybe?)
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Well, ol' Cuz is a self-admitted salad tosser ;)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:51 am

Now I've had a few hours and slept on it, I'm sorry we gave up on this guy. I too think just a late round pick would have been better then a project player.
You're sorry we gave up on a guy who you think is only worth a late round pick?

How sorry?

Micky wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:51 am Maybe (Highmore) can be depth in Utica.
Or maybe more than that!

Micky wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:51 am Guess things are so tight this really was about a couple hundred thousand bucks.
I'm going to go ahead and suggest this had nothing to do with a couple hundred thousand bucks.

I want you to go ahead and sleep on that...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:23 am Ya the Gaudette move is a little of a mystery. I would have preferred a 5th or 6th round pick. But he was a player Benning obviously was not going to re-sign so it shaves a touch off the cap this season and saves on cap if we were to re-sign him, and we may need Highmore to finish the season. He can also be exposed. And you are right, when Benning decides a younger player no longer fits he will move them out for next to nothing just to clear the roster. But Benning's comments were somewhat telling. Gaudette felt he should be playing top six, the Canucks did not think that.
Yup, and Benning likes Highmore's 200' 2-way game.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Highmore is a prick and we sorely lack pricks.

Gaudette was a gangly featherweight. The page is turnt
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:18 pm
Well, ol' Cuz is a self-admitted salad tosser ;)
Only when its attached to a bagina
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

theman wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:43 am Fuck me. Think I had created a mental block in my mind to forget all of that, thanks for bringing back traumatic memories. I have PTSD again.
*LOL* My bad, just found it interesting with some of the ones I didn't know about. To make u feel better, they also have the best Nuck TDD deals, most of them fell under the Mighty Quinn's watch. :P

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/best-ca ... ls-history