2021 TDD

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: 2021 TDD

Post by SKYO »

2Fingers wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:23 pm Just once I wish it was the Canucks selling for a 1st. When was the last time (if ever) did that happen.
IN 2014 Kesler + 2015 3rd was dealt to anaheim for a 1st (McCann), Sbisa (went to Vegas), Bonino, 2014 3rd (later dealt for workhorse Dorsett - who sadly succumbed to injuries at 30 https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/let ... eel-sorry/ , pick ended up being Keegan Iverson, who disappeared from hockey after).

Then in 2016, JB dealt:
McCann + 2016 2nd round pick (Rasmus Asplund - he went SHL minor leagues, Allsvenskan)
2016 4th round pick (Jonathan Ang - was put on unconditional waivers, he went to europe)
for
Gudbranson + 5th (pick ended being Casey Staum with the Habs, who let him go after, he disappeared from hockey).
Guds ended up being dealt for Pearson.

So Kesler after 7yrs ended up being Pearson + Sutter? idk lol

--

If David Savard could be dealt for a 1st + 3rd, I think this TDD Edler could have returned a 1st in a not so deep 2021 draft.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:39 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ma ... en-sharks/

WOW the Leaves gave up a lot for an over-the-hill Foligno, what the fuck!
They are all in. They have no choice, Dubas knows his window with this group is about 2 more years after this one. The season they've had, you have to do it. Foligno checks a ton of boxes for Tarrana though, he's hard to play against, he forechecks hard, he hits, he brings sandpaper and tenacity that the Leaves have been missing. This is a good pickup for them.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:41 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:39 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ma ... en-sharks/

They are all in. They have no choice, Dubas knows his window with this group is about 2 more years after this one. The season they've had, you have to do it. Foligno checks a ton of boxes for Tarrana though, he's hard to play against, he forechecks hard, he hits, he brings sandpaper and tenacity that the Leaves have been missing. This is a good pickup for them.
Yeah I get that, but a 1st + 4th + 4th is a massive overpay for Old Man Foligno, he's not the man he used to be.

Leaves must have by far the oldest bottom 6 in the league.

And it's not like any of these fossils they've brought in have ever won a Cup or anything.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What a terrible overpayment
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

2Fingers wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:23 pm Just once I wish it was the Canucks selling for a 1st. When was the last time (if ever) did that happen.
Well twice in recent memory. One in the Kesler deal and once in trade Schneider to get the Horvat pick.
The only HW the Canucks need
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Jimmy said there will be no deadline deals because "it wouldn't be fair to the players" the other day.

Looks like Dipietro won't see game action for a couple of years...
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:27 pm What a terrible overpayment
It's foolhardy is what it is. This is nothing like the Canucks getting Miller. Wont be long till they're all running to get out of there.

https://www.tsn.ca/kristen-shilton-nick ... -1.1621936
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Now the Leaves pick up No Save Dave (for a 3rd) Dumbass is on a shopping spree!

This means Mr Andersen won't be coming off LTIR before the playoffs.

And that means they've got more money for the thing they really need: a defenseman.

Some folks feel the reason Dumbass is making these dumbass trades is because he can't take his mind off WrestleMania.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/mikepfeil_/status/1 ... 4308302849
Mike Pfeil
@mikepfeil_

hearing john tortorella has already benched the draft pick the blue jackets got for foligno

2:58 PM · Apr 11, 2021
:mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sabres trade Taylor Hall, Curtis Lazar to Bruins for Andres Bjork, 2021 2nd-round pick
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Confirming. Hall and Lazar to Boston for Bjork and 2nd round draft pick.
9:01 PM · Apr 11, 2021
.Pictorial Link.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:11 pm
Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:41 pm

Yeah I get that, but a 1st + 4th + 4th is a massive overpay for Old Man Foligno, he's not the man he used to be.

Leaves must have by far the oldest bottom 6 in the league.

And it's not like any of these fossils they've brought in have ever won a Cup or anything.
This is true. I won't be surprised to see Foligno slide into their top-6 though to add some chutzpah to an otherwise soft group of princesses who have gotten everywhere this year in the North Division because of skill.

Obviously the additional picks are for the salary that is being retained by both Columbus and Detroit.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:59 pm Sabres trade Taylor Hall, Curtis Lazar to Bruins for Andres Bjork, 2021 2nd-round pick
HA! Look at what Boston paid for Hall vs what Leaves paid for Foligno!

Buffalo retained 50% on Hall.

There's a reason they call him Dumbass...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

TSN Hockey Insider Bob Mackenzie is reporting veteran forward Jeff Carter has said his goodbyes to his Los Angeles Kings teammates as he's being traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins ahead of Monday's Trade Deadline. .LINK
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:36 pm
Micky wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:59 pm Sabres trade Taylor Hall, Curtis Lazar to Bruins for Andres Bjork, 2021 2nd-round pick
HA! Look at what Boston paid for Hall vs what Leaves paid for Foligno!

Buffalo retained 50% on Hall.

There's a reason they call him Dumbass...
:wow:

The only negaitve is that Tuna doesnt swing bi any more to eat his shame pie like he used to. I miss that
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I think Dumbass and Leafers in general have sucked themselves in.

I hear them saying the North Division is the best and therefore they are world-beaters.

I think the North sucks and the team coming out of it would get crushed by any of the top 3 in any other division.
____
Try to focus on someday.