Canucks trade deadline 2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:51 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:43 am “Hoping” the year after next.

Hope “When Beagle’s contract is finished”

Hope in about one and a half years. NOT next season.

The Canucks hope one will turn out to replace Beagle when his contract expires.

Reading comprehension
I see maybe one of those guys becoming a legit 4th line centre in two years

Lind isn’t a centre. Dillon Dube played centre on his line in junior.
Do you think the organization is making a mistake converting Lind to centre?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:21 am
Micky wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:07 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:40 am When Beagle’s contract is finished after next season, they’d have to be hoping one of Lind, Focht, Karlsson, Costmar, or Zlodeyev would be ready to take over at centre in the bottom six.
Carson Focht has played nine games in Utica. Kole Lind eight. I think three at center. Either would instantaneously rise to the upper echelon of
the long sought after "plays with an edge" type player we so desperately need. This team needs accountability put forward when the situation arises.
Lind has played minimal centre in junior and the AHL. Focht is a fart in the wind. One of the Europeans might make a 4th line centre one day.

And none of these guys plays with an edge or will make the opposition accountable.

Lowry, Adam... would be my first choice, but either way a solid 3rd line pivot will have to be brought in via free agency or trade. Unless the plan is to convert Podkolzin which leaves a gaping hole in the wing prospects.

But one cracked out poster the other day said the Canucks have enough good young players. Quite possibly the stupidest thing I’ve read here and that’s saying something.
We already got a solid 3rd line pivot in Miller or horvat (whoever is playing better). Much easier to find a winger to slot in.
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:50 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:51 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:43 am “Hoping” the year after next.

Hope “When Beagle’s contract is finished”

Hope in about one and a half years. NOT next season.

The Canucks hope one will turn out to replace Beagle when his contract expires.

Reading comprehension
I see maybe one of those guys becoming a legit 4th line centre in two years

Lind isn’t a centre. Dillon Dube played centre on his line in junior.
Do you think the organization is making a mistake converting Lind to centre?
I don’t think there’s any harm in seeing if he can play there. Maybe it works out. I can’t see it as he hardly played there in junior, but I guess it doesn’t hurt to try.
Last edited by Vin Tanner on Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:14 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:40 am When Beagle’s contract is finished after next season, they’d have to be hoping one of Lind, Focht, Karlsson, Costmar, or Zlodeyev would be ready to take over at centre in the bottom six.
Carson Focht has played nine games in Utica. Kole Lind eight. I think three at center. Either would instantaneously rise to the upper echelon of
the long sought after "plays with an edge" type player we so desperately need. This team needs accountability put forward when the situation arises.
Lind has played minimal centre in junior and the AHL. Focht is a fart in the wind. One of the Europeans might make a 4th line centre one day.

And none of these guys plays with an edge or will make the opposition accountable.

Lowry, Adam... would be my first choice, but either way a solid 3rd line pivot will have to be brought in via free agency or trade. Unless the plan is to convert Podkolzin which leaves a gaping hole in the wing prospects.

But one cracked out poster the other day said the Canucks have enough good young players. Quite possibly the stupidest thing I’ve read here and that’s saying something.
We already got a solid 3rd line pivot in Miller or horvat (whoever is playing better). Much easier to find a winger to slot in.
Only problem with putting three of your best four forwards down the middle is it leaves them with exactly one quality winger in Boeser and is asking way too much of kids like Podkolzin and Hoglander. It’s easier to go out and acquire a 3rd line centre who can actually check and play pk like a Lowry than to shoehorn a raw kid in there or gut your wing depth. You’re robbing Peter to pay Paul.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:29 pm

Only problem with putting three of your best four forwards down the middle is it leaves them with exactly one quality winger in Boeser and is asking way too much of kids like Podkolzin and Hoglander. It’s easier to go out and acquire a 3rd line centre who can actually check and play pk like a Lowry than to shoehorn a raw kid in there or gut your wing depth. You’re robbing Peter to pay Paul.
So long as we're only talking about the balance of this season, who cares.

Next year however.....

Benning's priorities (outside of re-signing EP and QH) should be a replacement for Edler and a 3C who is actually hard to play against.

Not an easy task.....though losing a bit of dead weight would help there.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:49 pm
Carson Focht has played nine games in Utica. Kole Lind eight. I think three at center.
Lind has played 120 games for Utica but who's counting. :hmmm:

And pretty sure he's been their #1 centre all season.
Pretty obvious I meant this year. :drink: But carry on....... :drink: :drink:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:14 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:49 pm
Carson Focht has played nine games in Utica. Kole Lind eight. I think three at center.
Lind has played 120 games for Utica but who's counting. :hmmm:

And pretty sure he's been their #1 centre all season.
Pretty obvious I meant this year. :drink: But carry on....... :drink: :drink:
Was it Mick?

Was it obvious?

See, this is why people call you Gomer.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

And of course, he carries on ..Image..Guess ice doesn't work, mm?
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Carries on with what Gomer? :drink:

Micky wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:41 pm mm?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:29 pm

I don’t think guys like Lowry grow on trees, top notch 3rd line centers (centres in general) are much more difficult to acquire than wingers. With the extra protection slots we got we should be looking to add a top 6 winger and top 4 d via trade if teams are willing. I don’t know what the ufa market looks like for wingers and centers next year, but I don’t really want the team chasing any big names that’ll demand money which is needed if you’re looking for a good third line center (2.5-4m). Hoglander has shown no issues with top 6 minutes and is able to drive play I’m guessing pod will show the same, we’re at the point now where you gotta rely on your young cheap talent if you want to get ahead.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Isn’t Boyd a centre?
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I think we should seriously temper our trade deadline aspirations even further now.

Good luck moving a pile of Covid infected rentals.

If anyone can do it though it's Benning with his obligatory 2nd and 3rd round picks thrown in on top. :lol:

#canuckluck
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Meds wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:11 pm I think we should seriously temper our trade deadline aspirations even further now.
I've lowered my expectations from 1 move to zero.
2021 - Playoff Bound
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:31 am Isn’t Boyd a centre?
Travis Boyd
Center -- shoots R
Born Sep 14 1993 -- Hopkins, MN
[27 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 190 [183 cm/86 kg
To... Or not..
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rats where do you live again? Bamfield? Bella Coola? Lund?
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves