Canucks trade deadline 2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Curmudgeon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Curmudgeon »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:47 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:41 pm I don't think they should be looking to trade Schmidt. As much as his contract concerns me over the longer term, he's a top flight two way defenseman playing the right side and that's been a position of weakness for some time. Replacing him would be risky and expensive plus it puts more onto Myers and I think that's a mistake despite the fact they've been getting decent mileage out of him. Myers is still overpaid by a million dollars though.

Pearson, Sutter, Virtanen, and Benn are no brainers and they should retain us much as they have to in order to maximize the return.
I don’t think they should be looking to trade him either. My point was you listen if someone blows your doors off. I agree, he’s a good fucking player.
For sure and I think the only player I'd not be overly receptive to listening on is Demko. He has the ability to win a few series on his own, like in an extended run, and there's not that many goalies in the league you can say that about. Great 2nd rounder.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:58 pmGreat 2nd rounder.
Imagine if they had passed on throwing away that other 2nd to cowgrease for Linden Vey (Rasmus Andersson would sure look good in stinky whale blue right about now)
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:08 pm
Imagine if they had passed on throwing away that other 2nd to cowgrease for Linden Vey (Rasmus Andersson would sure look good in stinky whale blue right about now)
With Green at the helm Andersson would still be in Utica.
Curmudgeon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

That was Baertschi but no question Andersson would be a good fit here. Vey was Roland McKeown and it looks like he's not going to make it but Montour would have been a decent pick there.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Meds wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:56 pm
With Green at the helm Andersson would still be in Utica.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

If the rumours that Pearson (possible Thing1) is close to a contract are true, and if they don’t trade away Gaudette or Virtanen (possible Thing2) does that mean the Canucks forward line-up is already set for next season?

Podkolzin Pettersson Boeser
Hoglander Miller Gaudette
Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Motte Beagle MacEwen
Roussel

The defense is up in the air, but the 2021/22 forwards might already be done. Hawryluk, Bailey and Vesey haven’t displaced anyone. To fit someone new, they’ll need to make room by sending someone out. I’m not a big fan of a possible Pearson signing because they need more speed.
We are all Jim Benning.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:24 am If the rumours that Pearson (possible Thing1) is close to a contract are true, and if they don’t trade away Gaudette or Virtanen (possible Thing2) does that mean the Canucks forward line-up is already set for next season?

Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Motte Beagle MacEwen
Roussel

The defense is up in the air, but the 2021/22 forwards might already be done. Hawryluk, Bailey and Vesey haven’t displaced anyone. To fit someone new, they’ll need to make room by sending someone out. I’m not a big fan of a possible Pearson signing because they need more speed.
lol.. isnt it a little early to say 'the lineup is set'?? I mean there is still a trade deadline, an expansion draft, a draft, an offseason with signings and trades.. possible changes in coaches and GM's, etc...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:24 am If the rumours that Pearson (possible Thing1) is close to a contract are true, and if they don’t trade away Gaudette or Virtanen (possible Thing2) does that mean the Canucks forward line-up is already set for next season?

Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Motte Beagle MacEwen
Roussel

Motte is a decent player but he is always going to be getting injured. Leaves himself exposed to big hits. Sutter will be gone and that will actually hurt as Beagle just cannot fill his role. This team could really do with another versatile center for next year. I don't know if anyone's really noticed but Boeser has been taking the odd draw lately when Horvat was getting waived out. I think once just because of where it was in the offensive zone. He's not the guy though. All forwards should be able to step in the odd time. That defensive center that can kill penalties and go up against top opposing lines is a luxury we just aren't going to have for a while.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

When Beagle’s contract is finished after next season, they’d have to be hoping one of Lind, Focht, Karlsson, Costmar, or Zlodeyev would be ready to take over at centre in the bottom six.
We are all Jim Benning.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:40 am When Beagle’s contract is finished after next season, they’d have to be hoping one of Lind, Focht, Karlsson, Costmar, or Zlodeyev would be ready to take over at centre in the bottom six.
Carson Focht has played nine games in Utica. Kole Lind eight. I think three at center. Either would instantaneously rise to the upper echelon of
the long sought after "plays with an edge" type player we so desperately need. This team needs accountability put forward when the situation arises.
"evolution"
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Micky wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:07 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:40 am When Beagle’s contract is finished after next season, they’d have to be hoping one of Lind, Focht, Karlsson, Costmar, or Zlodeyev would be ready to take over at centre in the bottom six.
Carson Focht has played nine games in Utica. Kole Lind eight. I think three at center. Either would instantaneously rise to the upper echelon of
the long sought after "plays with an edge" type player we so desperately need. This team needs accountability put forward when the situation arises.
Lind has played minimal centre in junior and the AHL. Focht is a fart in the wind. One of the Europeans might make a 4th line centre one day.

And none of these guys plays with an edge or will make the opposition accountable.

Lowry, Adam... would be my first choice, but either way a solid 3rd line pivot will have to be brought in via free agency or trade. Unless the plan is to convert Podkolzin which leaves a gaping hole in the wing prospects.

But one cracked out poster the other day said the Canucks have enough good young players. Quite possibly the stupidest thing I’ve read here and that’s saying something.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

“Hoping” the year after next.

Hope “When Beagle’s contract is finished”

Hope in about one and a half years. NOT next season.

The Canucks hope one will turn out to replace Beagle when his contract expires.

Reading comprehension
We are all Jim Benning.
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:19 am The Canucks have enough good young players. We don’t need to be sellers for picks and prospects.
Quoted for stupidity. I’ve never heard of a team having enough good young talent.
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:43 am “Hoping” the year after next.

Hope “When Beagle’s contract is finished”

Hope in about one and a half years. NOT next season.

The Canucks hope one will turn out to replace Beagle when his contract expires.

Reading comprehension
I see maybe one of those guys becoming a legit 4th line centre in two years

Lind isn’t a centre. Dillon Dube played centre on his line in junior.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:07 am
Carson Focht has played nine games in Utica. Kole Lind eight. I think three at center.
Lind has played 120 games for Utica but who's counting. :hmmm:

And pretty sure he's been their #1 centre all season.

It started last year when he filled in at centre for a bunch of games due to injury and looked good.

And Picker said "after Beagle’s contract is finished after next season" so who knows.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!