Canucks trade deadline 2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Madcombinepilot »

ESQ wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:00 pm What's the going rate for the #4 dman who doesn't kill penalties on one of the league's worst defensive teams?

I'd still rather move him to Seattle to ditch Loui, and solve all cap problems in one fell swoop.
But we don’t have to pay that. If we are developing from within, the younger players will need the extra year of development before we are looking to add.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:48 am
ESQ wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:00 pm What's the going rate for the #4 dman who doesn't kill penalties on one of the league's worst defensive teams?

I'd still rather move him to Seattle to ditch Loui, and solve all cap problems in one fell swoop.
But we don’t have to pay that. If we are developing from within, the younger players will need the extra year of development before we are looking to add.
Don’t mind him. He thinks Schmidt is a #4 d man :lol:
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks have enough good young players. We don’t need to be sellers for picks and prospects. That’s ass backwards asinine.
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:19 am The Canucks have enough good young players. We don’t need to be sellers for picks and prospects. That’s ass backwards asinine.
No they don’t. Look at the standings. If you’re out of the playoffs, it’s retarded to not sell your UFA if they don’t have NMC. It’s called asset accumulation and management. Basic common sense.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:33 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:19 am The Canucks have enough good young players. We don’t need to be sellers for picks and prospects. That’s ass backwards asinine.
No they don’t. Look at the standings. If you’re out of the playoffs, it’s retarded to not sell your UFA if they don’t have NMC. It’s called asset accumulation and management. Basic common sense.
And then replace those vets how? With teenagers or other vets for you to complain about? I’d like to see Hamonic, Edler, Motte, Schmidt, Myers and Pearson back

Benn, Roussel, Sutter and Beagle can go
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:37 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:33 am
And then replace those vets how? With teenagers or other vets for you to complain about?
With more vets and bring some younger players in. They are on expiring contracts. Get something for them. Basic common sense for most folks. But then there’s you. :stupid:
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Lol he wants Pearson back now lmfao.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:39 am Lol he wants Pearson back now lmfao.
I think he is doing it to get your goat, no sane person would care if Pearson comes back unless it is as a $1M. He is no longer a second line player except on the Canucks and other weak teams.
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:53 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:39 am Lol he wants Pearson back now lmfao.
I think he is doing it to get your goat, no sane person would care if Pearson comes back unless it is as a $1M. He is no longer a second line player except on the Canucks and other weak teams.
Obviously, Reef, but he’s become incapable of decent hockey talk. If he isn’t misrepresenting everything I post, he resorts to lies, then when challenged he turns the discussion on its ear. I like fucking around more than most but his sole mission seems to be to start one massive diaper fire after another. It’s tiresome to sift through all the junk to find a decent post.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Well laugh at me too because we're a little light on forwards that can play top six and until this year, he could. Last year was decent. If he'll sign cheap (after he clears waivers, lol), why shouldn't they bring him back?
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:38 pm If you can get anything better than a 3rd for Schmidt, that's a win.
Not really. In a regular year there is no way that the Canucks land Schmidt for a 3rd round pick. That deal happened because of a flat cap and Vegas had just inked Pietrangelo. Schmidt is a legitimate top-4 guy on every team in the league in terms of skill, he's top-2 or 3 on 15 teams. That's worth far more than a 3rd. In a normal year that is worth a 2nd and a solid prospect or a 1st and a later pick or a reclamation project.

Benning should not be trading Schmidt for anything less than a 1st round pick, he's been a solid player for us since ironing out the early kinks that are inevitable when coming to a new team.....especially when training camp was almost nonexistent and the rest of the team was a dumpster fire for the first month.

It might look like a win because we got more than we paid, but it underwhelming returns are still underwhelming.
cfp
CC Veteran

Post by cfp »

Haven’t looked at salaries or term.

Pick up ghost on waivers and get Schmidt to FLA?
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

cfp wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:57 pm Haven’t looked at salaries or term.

Pick up ghost on waivers and get Schmidt to FLA?
Ghost has no defence and isn’t going to take minutes from Hughes on the PP. Useless, expensive player on the Canucks. No thanks.
We are all Jim Benning.
Curmudgeon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

I don't think they should be looking to trade Schmidt. As much as his contract concerns me over the longer term, he's a top flight two way defenseman playing the right side and that's been a position of weakness for some time. Replacing him would be risky and expensive plus it puts more onto Myers and I think that's a mistake despite the fact they've been getting decent mileage out of him. Myers is still overpaid by a million dollars though.

Pearson, Sutter, Virtanen, and Benn are no brainers and they should retain us much as they have to in order to maximize the return.
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:41 pm I don't think they should be looking to trade Schmidt. As much as his contract concerns me over the longer term, he's a top flight two way defenseman playing the right side and that's been a position of weakness for some time. Replacing him would be risky and expensive plus it puts more onto Myers and I think that's a mistake despite the fact they've been getting decent mileage out of him. Myers is still overpaid by a million dollars though.

Pearson, Sutter, Virtanen, and Benn are no brainers and they should retain us much as they have to in order to maximize the return.
I don’t think they should be looking to trade him either. My point was you listen if someone blows your doors off. I agree, he’s a good fucking player.