Canucks trade deadline 2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29855
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Strangelove »

theman wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:07 pm Official: Exblad done for the season.

Wonder what the Panthers will do now?
Man, that's not even fair, the Cats were flying...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Vin Tanner »

theman wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:07 pm Official: Exblad done for the season.

Wonder what the Panthers will do now?
That’s a group of death with Tampa and Carolina. Coach Q has them playing well but I’m not sure I’d burn the prospect pool down for a top end D considering Barkov is a year away from UFA.

Ekblad has been playing really well the last couple years. Does everything for that team.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 12532
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:31 pm
theman wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:07 pm Official: Exblad done for the season.

Wonder what the Panthers will do now?
Man, that's not even fair, the Cats were flying...
Well Hargraves thinks we should get a bundle for Schmidt so we should trade him there.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 am

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Cherry Picker »

Ekblad for Schmidt, get ‘er done. :roll:
We are all Jim Benning.
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Vin Tanner »

SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:44 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:31 pm
theman wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:07 pm Official: Exblad done for the season.

Wonder what the Panthers will do now?
Man, that's not even fair, the Cats were flying...
Well Hargraves thinks we should get a bundle for Schmidt so we should trade him there.
He’s worth a good haul. I didn’t say we’d get it. You want to hand him away for anything better than a 3rd round pick. I said we should float it out there. He’s easily the teams second best D and it’s a long drop to number 3. Lol at comparing him to Myers.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29855
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:44 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:31 pm
theman wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:07 pm Official: Exblad done for the season.

Wonder what the Panthers will do now?
Man, that's not even fair, the Cats were flying...
Well Hargraves thinks we should get a bundle for Schmidt so we should trade him there.
Yeah Doyle said anyone who thinks Schmidt is only worth a 3rd (what Jimmy paid) is "out to lunch."

That's a backhanded compliment if I ever saw one!

Yeah, Doyle says Schmidt is "a top 50 D man in the league".

Doyle loves Schmidt and Doyle loves Jimmy. :D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3315
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by ESQ »

What's the going rate for the #4 dman who doesn't kill penalties on one of the league's worst defensive teams?

I'd still rather move him to Seattle to ditch Loui, and solve all cap problems in one fell swoop.
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Vin Tanner »

I’m curious what it would take to get Seattle to take one of the useless scrubs Beagle or Roussel. Seeing as they only have one more year left, would it really be worth it? Part of me wants to see ownership buy some guys out and try to be competitive next year. On the other hand I think why gut what little depth they have in the picks and prospect pool to get rid of guys that are gone in a year. Eriksson would obviously cost too much and I doubt they’d want that poisonous element around their young players.

Hopefully at minimum none of those guys actually suit up next year for the Canucks.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
cfp
CC Veteran
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:07 pm

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by cfp »

Seattle will take Motte.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20687
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Doyle still trying to turn us into the Sabres? Trade good experienced vets for draft picks and teenagers?
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Vin Tanner »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:51 am Is Doyle still trying to turn us into the Sabres? Trade good experienced vets for draft picks and teenagers?
Which good vets are these?

Other than Schmidt I didn’t suggest moving any good vets. I didn’t even suggest moving him. I suggested to float his name out there and see what someone might give you.

Moving guys like Sutter, Pearson and Benn will gut the team I guess
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20687
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What would you suggest moving Schmidt for? A draft pick? A prospect? How does that make us better? It doesn’t. It makes us worse. That’s do Buffalo Sabre type thinking
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Vin Tanner »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:21 am What would you suggest moving Schmidt for? A draft pick? A prospect? How does that make us better? It doesn’t. It makes us worse. That’s do Buffalo Sabre type thinking
I suggested floating his name out there and seeing what you might get.... is reading a lost art here? A couple of your cultist pals who also happen to hate Schmidt because he isn’t a big PK guy or doesn’t hit enough or block enough shots (He’s blocked four fewer shots than T Myers) want to either give him to Seattle to take the air thief and his one year left or trade him for anything more than a 3rd round pick.

I’d take a high end prospect at any skating position and a 1st. Doubtful a team bites but I don’t give him away like Flopsy and Mopsy suggest. He’s the teams second best D man.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20687
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:43 am

I’d take a high end prospect at any skating position and a 1st. Doubtful a team bites but I don’t give him away like Flopsy and Mopsy suggest. He’s the teams second best D man.
So how does this make us better currently by trading a known experienced asset for an unknown asset in which we will not know what we have in this unknown asset for 2 to 3 to 4 years down the road. And with replacing a known asset veteran in Schmidt for a draft pick this would obviously impact our team not for the better and with that kind of impact are you willing to accept the shittier current team while waiting patiently to see if this future asset turns out to being as good as the veteran we gave away

Just admit it Doyle, you are a proponent of losing culture hockey like the Senators and Sabres because you prefer having lots of teenagers, 20 and 21 year olds over veterans
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Vin Tanner »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:56 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:43 am

I’d take a high end prospect at any skating position and a 1st. Doubtful a team bites but I don’t give him away like Flopsy and Mopsy suggest. He’s the teams second best D man.
So how does this make us better currently by trading a known experienced asset for an unknown asset in which we will not know what we have in this unknown asset for 2 to 3 to 4 years down the road. And with replacing a known asset veteran in Schmidt for a draft pick this would obviously impact our team not for the better and with that kind of impact are you willing to accept the shittier current team while waiting patiently to see if this future asset turns out to being as good as the veteran we gave away

Just admit it Doyle, you are a proponent of losing culture hockey like the Senators and Sabres because you prefer having lots of teenagers, 20 and 21 year olds over veterans
After this Cook, I’m not dumbing it down further for you. If Florida came calling with Lundell and a 1st you listen and probably pull the trigger. Otherwise you keep the guy. Funny how you jump down my throat but dismiss your urine caked cultist buddies who think Schmidt is dogshit. Those asshats want to clear his salary at all costs because he’s not as good as Myers. You can’t make this shit up.

If you aren’t capable of reading don’t bother responding to my posts. The hilarity of tying and twisting every post into a knot is getting old and weak, much like yourself.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
Post Reply