Canucks trade deadline 2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jordie Benn, Brandon Sutter, Tanner Pearson if you’re healthy, pack your shit and beat it.

Alex Edler - do the team a solid and waive. Do yourself a solid and go play for a contender for the first time in 8 years.

Tyler Motte- don’t get too comfortable- nice little player but create a market ffs. See what’s out there.

Jake Virtanen, Adam Gaudette, Zack MacEwen - float these floaters names out there. Losing any or all of these guys wouldn’t be a loss. Some team may see something. Bolster the back end.

Nate Schmidt- I like this player. Maybe a team like Florida pays through the snout with Ekblad out. Gauge the market Elms.

Jay Beagle, Louis Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, Sven Baertschi- air thieves one and all. Enjoy your cheques and continue to steal money.

Important deadline for Elmer. Hopefully he doesn’t wun out of da time.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Cornuck »

We have a lot of placeholders, but I think this will be a quiet TDL. If he can move one for a pick, I'll have to call that a success. :/
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:40 am We have a lot of placeholders, but I think this will be a quiet TDL. If he can move one for a pick, I'll have to call that a success. :/
COVID19 or not JB does not seem like a TDD seller but this year will be worse. I agree 1 deal for a any pick would be a success.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reef and Corny setting the bar low. Elms should be trying to be proactive. Benn is a no brainer. He should be easy to move. Sutter if the wops retain should fetch a mid round pick. Pearson- depends on whether he’s back playing in time. Hopefully they don’t screw the pooch like they did with Dan Hamhuis.

The other guys I mentioned should absolutely be floated out there to gauge interest. Whether there is any interest for a couple of them is open for debate. Schmidt and Motte certainly would draw interest. I believe Gaudette would as well.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

If he's not putting the names out there, then he's not doing his job - Like I said, we have the pieces to move, I just don't predict much (if any) action.

You're setting the bar high, so you can crucify him later. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:01 am If he's not putting the names out there, then he's not doing his job - Like I said, we have the pieces to move, I just don't predict much (if any) action.

You're setting the bar high, so you can crucify him later. ;)
I usually agree with Big D but I also think he is setting up JB to fail, I think I saw Big D down at Rona buying some lumber, hammer and 3 inch nails.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:23 am
Nate Schmidt- I like this player. Maybe a team like Florida pays through the snout with Ekblad out. Gauge the market Elms.
Absolutely correct and very possible. It would be a shame to lose him but if youre getting back 2-3 assets including a young D with potential you have to figure it would be a step in the right. I'd see if they can pry Anton Lundell and maybe Weegar out of there for him
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:23 am Jordie Benn, Brandon Sutter, Tanner Pearson if you’re healthy, pack your shit and beat it.

Alex Edler - do the team a solid and waive. Do yourself a solid and go play for a contender for the first time in 8 years.

Tyler Motte- don’t get too comfortable- nice little player but create a market ffs. See what’s out there.

Jake Virtanen, Adam Gaudette, Zack MacEwen - float these floaters names out there. Losing any or all of these guys wouldn’t be a loss. Some team may see something. Bolster the back end.

Jay Beagle, Louis Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, Sven Baertschi- air thieves one and all. Enjoy your cheques and continue to steal money.

Horvat can’t kill penalties and keeps turning over the puck in the offensive zone - shop him!

Miller doesn’t back-check the first half of the season - move him!

Hughes was a defensive nightmare for the first twenty games - gotta go!

Petey is way too injury prone - trade him away!

Brock is ugly. Out the door!

Demko. What are you nuts! You keep him at all cost! What are you thinking. Give your head a shake.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:56 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:23 am Jordie Benn, Brandon Sutter, Tanner Pearson if you’re healthy, pack your shit and beat it.

Horvat can’t kill penalties and keeps turning over the puck in the offensive zone - shop him!

Demko. What are you nuts! You keep him at all cost! What are you thinking. Give your head a shake.
That is very funny :D
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Which ultimately brings us back here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12185 .Unfortunately the trade deadline wont apply here.

I think a few player's names could be floated out there. Not as many as Doyle, (and oh my gaud, I am overwhelmed with anticipation of his

upcoming handle change), but it doesn't hurt to try and better the team for the next year and after via this route. Of course Pearson and Sutter.

Might be a bit of interest there. Won't bring much but they're most likely leaving anyway.

You want a better return, maybe Virtanen, Gaudette, Motte etc.

Is Nate Schmidt happy here? Is he having a tough time understanding Travis Green's plans for games? That's a serious move.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Dem's fightin words.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:23 am
Pretty sure the Florida-Vancouver Trade Triangle means any underperforming defenceman we trade to Florida will become a hall-of-famer, like an Inverse Ballard.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovo was a good pickup. Burke got bent over when he included Hedican and took back Gagner

But it’s been an interesting team to trade with for sure. We did get Roberto and Jacob from them.

For the record I like Schmidt, but I’d definitely see what teams would give up for him. It would have to be a haul, as I consider him to be a very good player. He’s a much better player than T Myers at that money.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’m hoping Jimbro plays is real cool as he always does and takes it day by day.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:56 am Horvat can’t kill penalties and keeps turning over the puck in the offensive zone - shop him!

Excellent. :devil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I also expect it to be a very quiet TDL due to Covid.

Apparently Carolina asked about Hamitic but he refused to waive, perhaps that would be interested in Benn? He has had a fairly good season IMO.

As for others, I don’t disagree with who Doyle has mentioned but would be surprised if the Canucks make more than 2 transactions, that involve players currently on the Canucks, this year.

I hope: Pearson, Benn, Sutter, Rousell and Motte are gone for a combination of picks and decent prospects. Would love to see Edler gone too but doubt he waves. Would love to see Virtanen gone too but doubt it happens for any kind of return we would be happy with.

I think Schmidt will be even better next year, so I wouldn’t want the Canucks to move him, but if the return is out there... He is not one of the untouchables, IMO.