Canucks trade deadline 2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks trade deadline 2021

Post by Strangelove »

theman wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:07 pm Official: Exblad done for the season.

Wonder what the Panthers will do now?
Man, that's not even fair, the Cats were flying...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That’s a group of death with Tampa and Carolina. Coach Q has them playing well but I’m not sure I’d burn the prospect pool down for a top end D considering Barkov is a year away from UFA.

Ekblad has been playing really well the last couple years. Does everything for that team.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:31 pm

Well Hargraves thinks we should get a bundle for Schmidt so we should trade him there.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Ekblad for Schmidt, get ‘er done. :roll:
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:44 pm

Well Hargraves thinks we should get a bundle for Schmidt so we should trade him there.
He’s worth a good haul. I didn’t say we’d get it. You want to hand him away for anything better than a 3rd round pick. I said we should float it out there. He’s easily the teams second best D and it’s a long drop to number 3. Lol at comparing him to Myers.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:44 pm

Yeah Doyle said anyone who thinks Schmidt is only worth a 3rd (what Jimmy paid) is "out to lunch."

That's a backhanded compliment if I ever saw one!

Yeah, Doyle says Schmidt is "a top 50 D man in the league".

Doyle loves Schmidt and Doyle loves Jimmy. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

What's the going rate for the #4 dman who doesn't kill penalties on one of the league's worst defensive teams?

I'd still rather move him to Seattle to ditch Loui, and solve all cap problems in one fell swoop.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’m curious what it would take to get Seattle to take one of the useless scrubs Beagle or Roussel. Seeing as they only have one more year left, would it really be worth it? Part of me wants to see ownership buy some guys out and try to be competitive next year. On the other hand I think why gut what little depth they have in the picks and prospect pool to get rid of guys that are gone in a year. Eriksson would obviously cost too much and I doubt they’d want that poisonous element around their young players.

Hopefully at minimum none of those guys actually suit up next year for the Canucks.
cfp
CC Veteran

Post by cfp »

Seattle will take Motte.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Doyle still trying to turn us into the Sabres? Trade good experienced vets for draft picks and teenagers?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:51 am Is Doyle still trying to turn us into the Sabres? Trade good experienced vets for draft picks and teenagers?
Which good vets are these?

Other than Schmidt I didn’t suggest moving any good vets. I didn’t even suggest moving him. I suggested to float his name out there and see what someone might give you.

Moving guys like Sutter, Pearson and Benn will gut the team I guess
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What would you suggest moving Schmidt for? A draft pick? A prospect? How does that make us better? It doesn’t. It makes us worse. That’s do Buffalo Sabre type thinking
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:21 am What would you suggest moving Schmidt for? A draft pick? A prospect? How does that make us better? It doesn’t. It makes us worse. That’s do Buffalo Sabre type thinking
I suggested floating his name out there and seeing what you might get.... is reading a lost art here? A couple of your cultist pals who also happen to hate Schmidt because he isn’t a big PK guy or doesn’t hit enough or block enough shots (He’s blocked four fewer shots than T Myers) want to either give him to Seattle to take the air thief and his one year left or trade him for anything more than a 3rd round pick.

I’d take a high end prospect at any skating position and a 1st. Doubtful a team bites but I don’t give him away like Flopsy and Mopsy suggest. He’s the teams second best D man.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:43 am

I’d take a high end prospect at any skating position and a 1st. Doubtful a team bites but I don’t give him away like Flopsy and Mopsy suggest. He’s the teams second best D man.
So how does this make us better currently by trading a known experienced asset for an unknown asset in which we will not know what we have in this unknown asset for 2 to 3 to 4 years down the road. And with replacing a known asset veteran in Schmidt for a draft pick this would obviously impact our team not for the better and with that kind of impact are you willing to accept the shittier current team while waiting patiently to see if this future asset turns out to being as good as the veteran we gave away

Just admit it Doyle, you are a proponent of losing culture hockey like the Senators and Sabres because you prefer having lots of teenagers, 20 and 21 year olds over veterans
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:56 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:43 am

So how does this make us better currently by trading a known experienced asset for an unknown asset in which we will not know what we have in this unknown asset for 2 to 3 to 4 years down the road. And with replacing a known asset veteran in Schmidt for a draft pick this would obviously impact our team not for the better and with that kind of impact are you willing to accept the shittier current team while waiting patiently to see if this future asset turns out to being as good as the veteran we gave away

Just admit it Doyle, you are a proponent of losing culture hockey like the Senators and Sabres because you prefer having lots of teenagers, 20 and 21 year olds over veterans
After this Cook, I’m not dumbing it down further for you. If Florida came calling with Lundell and a 1st you listen and probably pull the trigger. Otherwise you keep the guy. Funny how you jump down my throat but dismiss your urine caked cultist buddies who think Schmidt is dogshit. Those asshats want to clear his salary at all costs because he’s not as good as Myers. You can’t make this shit up.

If you aren’t capable of reading don’t bother responding to my posts. The hilarity of tying and twisting every post into a knot is getting old and weak, much like yourself.