What are the Canucks Missing to be a Contender?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: What are the Canucks Missing to be a Contender?

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:49 am I can see a coaching change but not replacing the GM yet. His drafting will buy him at least 1 more year I reckon. If next year they continue to suck then all bets are off
It’s hard to know. I’m ambivalent if either Green or Benning is back. I think both have done mediocre jobs overall during their tenures. Ultimately it’s a bit of a rudderless ship as long as Fredo is micromanaging the franchise with his arm in Benning’s ass.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:54 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:49 am I can see a coaching change but not replacing the GM yet. His drafting will buy him at least 1 more year I reckon. If next year they continue to suck then all bets are off
It’s hard to know. I’m ambivalent if either Green or Benning is back. I think both have done mediocre jobs overall during their tenures. Ultimately it’s a bit of a rudderless ship as long as Fredo is micromanaging the franchise with his arm in Benning’s ass.
The perfect replacement GM is currently unemployed and available right now in JIm Rutherford. He has a history of maneuvering a talented NHL roster into contender status despite salary concerns. Hes active and hands on.

He would be the ideal candidate to turn this team into a contender with the abundance of emerging talent on the roster
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Yup.

The only job of a PoHO would be to sit around, smoke cigars, drink scotch and Talk hockey with Freddy. Get that arms length that Blovbbie mentioned of distress so a GM can do the job.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

To me Jim Rutherford makes sense as a president. He’s 70 years old and just left an organization in the middle of the year. He could maybe come in and assess Elmer’s and Green’s performances to date and go from there. One would think he’d want total autonomy and I’m not sure the greaseball owner wants to give that up. It would have been so much better had Tom Gaglardi and Ryan Beedie purchased the team.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Green is out coached in most games. Unfortunate he got the same vote of confidence from ownership as Jim did.

Why does Green allow Hughes to take almost three minute shifts? Almost every game he and his assistants are looking rather befuddled at what's
happening on the ice. Then they look at their notes again. WE.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:10 pm To me Jim Rutherford makes sense as a president. He’s 70 years old and just left an organization in the middle of the year. He could maybe come in and assess Elmer’s and Green’s performances to date and go from there. One would think he’d want total autonomy and I’m not sure the greaseball owner wants to give that up. It would have been so much better had Tom Gaglardi and Ryan Beedie purchased the team.
We are all just assuming that ownership is meddling in the operations of the team arent we? There is no actual evidence this is going on
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:14 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:10 pm To me Jim Rutherford makes sense as a president. He’s 70 years old and just left an organization in the middle of the year. He could maybe come in and assess Elmer’s and Green’s performances to date and go from there. One would think he’d want total autonomy and I’m not sure the greaseball owner wants to give that up. It would have been so much better had Tom Gaglardi and Ryan Beedie purchased the team.
We are all just assuming that ownership is meddling in the operations of the team arent we? There is no actual evidence this is going on
There’s a lot of folks who assume that Fredo is way too involved in day to day business. Obviously we have no inside knowledge of this but to me, like they say, where there’s smoke there’s fire. This has been bandied about for years in the media, social media and places like this.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

All the more reason to bring in an established manager sporting championship rings on the knuckles...if the italian is truly a superfan like he seems to be then he should crack a fat from the idea of getting a couple of rings of his own