2022 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2022 Draft Class

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

We should get a pretty good player inside the top 12 -15. Try and pick up a pick for Motte and one for Chiasson and/or Hunt.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:20 pm We should get a pretty good player inside the top 12 -15. Try and pick up a pick for Motte and one for Chiasson and/or Hunt.
And if we move one of Miller/Garland/Boeser, we likely get another 1st/2nd.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:20 pm We should get a pretty good player inside the top 12 -15. Try and pick up a pick for Motte and one for Chiasson and/or Hunt.
If that pick ends up turning into a valuable middle-six forward or second-pair defender, then it’s a win. Anything beyond that is a home run. We’ll see where JR/PA end up picking this May.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The 2022 class is the dogs breakfast
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s an average class much like 2017
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:00 pm It’s an average class much like 2017
You’re out to lunch
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:21 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:00 pm It’s an average class much like 2017
You’re out to lunch
You got filled in regarding the 2017 draft as you do most things. I guess five years out for this one.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

We're still draft pick shy.

Still no progress on that critical front so far...
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:12 pm We're still draft pick shy.

Still no progress on that critical front so far...
I guess depends what happens with Motte, Schenn, Hunt, Chiasson.

Draft picks are currency. Expired cap space is good but having currency on top of that is a real good thing.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I see in mock drafts the Canucks will be picking around 15th a whole bunch of Mukhamedullins to choose from. I see Muckhammerdulling is still nowhere near to making it in the NHL. He was drafted in 2020. I wonder if the NHL will see him by 2024, if we ever do

JT Miller is a beast

BenningBuilt
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Should get a good prospect in the first round.

Need help at all positions.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:22 am Should get a good prospect in the first round.

I looked at the recent rankings Doyle, don’t know the players ranked in that area at all, a whole bunch of Americans and Swedes and Russians. Let’s hope the new management has the Benning touch when it comes to drafting
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Burke did manage to draft Kesler 23rd overall so there is hope. Remember how mad everyone got at Burke for drafting the American instead of the homegrown kid - Jeff Tambellini?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:28 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:22 am Should get a good prospect in the first round.

I looked at the recent rankings Doyle, don’t know the players ranked in that area at all, a whole bunch of Americans and Swedes and Russians. Let’s hope the new management has the Benning touch when it comes to drafting
I’d prefer they have the Rutherford touch he showed in Carolina.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:09 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:28 am

I’d prefer they have the Rutherford touch he showed in Carolina.
Hes got a nose for finding good defensemen outside the 1st round so that would be good
If you need air...call it in