2022 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

2022 Draft Class

Post by SKYO »

2022 is deemed a much better draft year vs 2021 that has no true 1st overall choice, Power or Beniers.

2022 has the “Three-Headed Monster” – Shane Wright, Matthew Savoie and Brad Lambert.
Two of them applied for exceptional status in the CHL (and Wright actually received it), while the third became one of the youngest pro players in a top European men’s league, ever.

Give the piece a read – all three are going to be superstars and capable of becoming high-end game-changers in a way few players manage to do every few years.

http://stevenpellis.com/the-2022-nhl-dr ... be-wicked/
https://www.lines.com/nhl/drafts/2022

Shane Wright is putting up elite numbers, equal to McDavid levels.
Why Burlington hockey phenom Shane Wright is already being compared to Sidney Crosby and Connor McDavid

https://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2 ... david.html
2023 has Connor Bedard (born in two-thousand fucking five lol), in any case Canada has it's next wave of superstars representing the country in the next couple decades.

But yeah 2022 is Shane Wright's year to lose.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2022 Draft Class

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Wright, Bedard, Savoie... Canadian hockey just keeps pumping out good players. It’s astonishing we’ve actually lost one best on best men’s tournament this century. 5/6 looking like it will be 7/8 after the next two Olympics.

It’s gotta suck for someone if they cheer for another country.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2023 may be a better class for Canadians than 2022. It’s not just Bedard but Yager and Heidt along with Bedard all coming out of the WHL could possibly be the the best 3 to come out of one class from the WHL but over in the OHL Fantilli will be making a serious push for 1st overall selection. Wright out of the 2022 will most likely be the closest thing to McDavid Canada has produced since well McDavid but the 4 Canadian kids in 2023 are pretty exceptional as well
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

In 4 games this season Bedard has 4 goals 4 assists with the Pats as a 15 year old right near the top of the WHL scoring leader board.

Read about Bedard’s dazzling WHL debut

https://whl.ca/article/bedards-big-debu ... ayer-prior
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I wonder who is going to tank next year for Wright and for 2023 Bedard.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:49 am I wonder who is going to tank next year for Wright and for 2023 Bedard.

Who are the last teams that we know of that tanked? Buffalo, Edmonton. Vancouver was just a horrible team/ they didn’t tank. That said it’s adorable when the Dude and some other posters accuse people of wanting to tank but never have a actual shred of evidence to back it up. :lol:
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

SKYO wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:49 am I wonder who is going to tank next year for Wright and for 2023 Bedard.
1. Ummm.. Buffalo would be my number one guess. They’ll be bad and will purposefully tank a little to help the cause. If this Eichel speculation has legs they’ll be decimated and have to start from scratch.

2. Yserman is my guess as the GM that would most purposefully tank.

3. SJ won’t tank, but they’ll be terribad.

No Canadian team should be in the running with Ottawa improving daily.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bedard is looking scarey good for such a young rookie kid in the WHL. Could be the best player to ever come out of BC. He might even give Wright a run for his money as the next great Canadian.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Better than Kariya, Sakic, Neely, Hull, Niedermayer, Weber, Price....?
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:15 pm Better than Kariya, Sakic, Neely, Hull, Niedermayer, Weber, Price....?
Steve? 100% he will be better than him.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:15 pm Better than Kariya, Sakic, Neely, Hull, Niedermayer, Weber, Price....?
100%
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Who will be better - Shane Wright or Conor Bedard?
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:28 am Who will be better - Shane Wright or Conor Bedard?
What a loaded shit question coming from you.

If someone speculates on who will be better and is wrong in judging teen age talent, you will force feed them the speculation as facts and fling it around the boards like baby shit through a rotating fan and clutter up the boards like Gomer when he is looking for an online crayon order.

No thanks.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:46 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:28 am Who will be better - Shane Wright or Conor Bedard?

If someone speculates on who will be better and is wrong in judging teen age talent, you will force feed them the speculation as facts and fling it around the boards like baby shit through a rotating fan and clutter up the boards like Gomer when he is looking for an online crayon order.

No thanks.
Just about had it with you, fuck face. Knock it off or you will be suspended one way or another. No joke.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:49 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:46 am

No thanks.
Just about had it with you, fuck face. Knock it off or you will be suspended one way or another. No joke.

Lmao! Holy Ghomes! Wake up with the wrong crayon in your mouth or something? Like wrong colour, or complete wrong package?

I make one comment in a couple weeks about you being mr mclinky, and your going full retard, compete with Fbomb name calling and threats, yet not a sniff against anyone else.

Gold star for you.

So you know, I’ll be in Van in a few weeks if you want to buy me a beer. I’ll bring some tasty rainbow skittles, a full box or wax crayons and you can draw on the napkin for a while and munch for a while.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.