2022 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2022 Draft Class

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lancer wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:34 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:21 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:24 pm Depends on the cost to move up. Depends on what’s coming back as far as extra picks for dropping down.

Are people comfortable trading 15 and Garland for 5?

How far are we talking about dropping down. 15 to low 20’s should garner a 2nd and a 4th I’d think.

I just hope it’s interesting at the draft/UFA this year. There is an opportunity to to re-shape this team the next ten days.
Trading down is a big pile of San Remo’s poo. Waste of time. Again, Quantity over Quality stinks yugely.
Quantity over quality in draft picks really only makes sense in the NFL, where there are so many positions to fill on the field. Quality over quantity makes more sense in the NHL and NBA.
Finally someone who smells what the Chef is cooking. Regarding Doyle? Well, you can lead a horse to the river…..(you know the rest), but yeah Lancer 100% quality over quantity is where it’s at in the NHL.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lancer wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:34 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:21 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:24 pm Depends on the cost to move up. Depends on what’s coming back as far as extra picks for dropping down.

Are people comfortable trading 15 and Garland for 5?

How far are we talking about dropping down. 15 to low 20’s should garner a 2nd and a 4th I’d think.

I just hope it’s interesting at the draft/UFA this year. There is an opportunity to to re-shape this team the next ten days.
Trading down is a big pile of San Remo’s poo. Waste of time. Again, Quantity over Quality stinks yugely.
Quantity over quality in draft picks really only makes sense in the NFL, where there are so many positions to fill on the field. Quality over quantity makes more sense in the NHL and NBA.
Again…. It depends on the cost to move up or the return to move down. I’m not allowed to comment on the prospect pool or the previous manager despite posters repeated attempts to bait me. On the other hand the Chef is allowed to bitch non stop about Mike Gillis and Laurence Gillman.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:45 am I'm not allowed
Come on man! (in Joe Biden's voice)
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:01 pm (in Joe Biden's voice)

https://twitter.com/conservmillen/statu ... 6hS_g&s=01
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ Shouldn't he be in a home somewhere playing bingo and eating jello?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So who we drafting at 15? One name only. I’m picking Pickering. Did you know that Pickering finished first in the V02 Max bike test at the draft combine? That’s yuge in the eyes of Chef. It’s been my biggest beef with Horvat, he crashes early on shifts. Gretzky and the Sedins had great V02 Max, they did their best at the end of shifts when their opponents were exhausted at the end of shifts. They wore you down with their endless pursuit to win. They give you 110% the entire shift. Relentless
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:42 pm This guy should be sitting around 15th. Russian - 2 years in the OHL.
6'1 - 192 - LD
67 games: 17g 45a / -14 on a shitty team

Pavel Mintyukov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF-SBPES0us
Be nice if this guy slips to 15.

I was looking at Pickering when I thought we might be drafting lower - has he done anything to rise up to 15th?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:01 am
Cornuck wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:42 pm This guy should be sitting around 15th. Russian - 2 years in the OHL.
6'1 - 192 - LD
67 games: 17g 45a / -14 on a shitty team

Pavel Mintyukov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF-SBPES0us
Be nice if this guy slips to 15.

I was looking at Pickering when I thought we might be drafting lower - has he done anything to rise up to 15th?
Mintyukov definitely has the X-Factor, highest ceiling but the prevailing criticism of him is his work in his own zone
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Looking at all of the mock drafts today - it really looks like a giant crapshoot. I think who ever we end up with will be a couple of years out regardless, and either a middle 6 / bottom 3 player. Some size is available, and that would be nice.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...a little pace in the git along would be pleasant as well.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Not much on the right side on D around 15th pick without it being a huge reach. One of D Pavel Mintyukov, D Kevin Korchinski, LW Liam Ohgren, C Brad Lambert seems likely. I’d pick them in that order. Ohgren seems like more of a sure thing than Lambert (if they slide to the Canucks). Lambert has a very high ceiling because of his speed but he has a good chance of being a complete bust because of his tendency to play on the perimeter - highest risk/reward pick in the first round.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...the Avs trade for Georgiev and drop a 3 and a 5 in '22 leaving Joe with a 6 and a 7 for the current draft.

Oh.

And a Cup.

So yeah....
DeLevering since 1999.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:26 am Looking at all of the mock drafts today - it really looks like a giant crapshoot. I think who ever we end up with will be a couple of years out regardless, and either a middle 6 / bottom 3 player. Some size is available, and that would be nice.
This draft, past the top-2, is a little all over the place - especially after 6-8. I agree, no superstars in this draft and where Allvin is picking we’ll likely see them picking someone to replace the likes of Tanner Pearson or Tyler Myers down the road a couple years.

With that in mind, I would like to see them take someone like Ohgren because he has size and can play heavy even if he doesn’t fill the net. Plus, he apparently has a good ethic in the training room and practice.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

donlever wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:02 am ...the Avs trade for Georgiev and drop a 3 and a 5 in '22 leaving Joe with a 6 and a 7 for the current draft.

Oh.

And a Cup.

So yeah....
Joe can Sakic back and not do shit for the rest of the year.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Lancer wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:24 am This draft, past the top-2, is a little all over the place - especially after 6-8. I agree, no superstars in this draft and where Allvin is picking we’ll likely see them picking someone to replace the likes of Tanner Pearson or Tyler Myers down the road a couple years.
With that in mind, I would like to see them take someone like Ohgren because he has size and can play heavy even if he doesn’t fill the net. Plus, he apparently has a good ethic in the training room and practice.
So do we trade down? Get a player that can possibly fill that middle 6 / bottom 3 now? Doesn't seem to be worth trading up, unless the scouts see something worth grabbing early.