Elias Pettersson is Vancouver's most overrated player

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Elias Pettersson is Vancouver's most overrated player

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:09 pm Nice to see you guys sharing your rock.

Connor is far and away the worlds best player and it isn’t close
I think they’re just trying to goad you Doyle.

Although, in case You didn’t know, McDavid’s league leading assists actually means he doesn’t utilize his teammates. :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:13 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:09 pm Nice to see you guys sharing your rock.

Connor is far and away the worlds best player and it isn’t close
I think they’re just trying to goad you Doyle.

Although, in case You didn’t know, McDavid’s league leading assists actually means he doesn’t utilize his teammates. :lol:
*mostly 2nd assists

:P
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:09 pm Connor is far and away the worlds best player and it isn’t close
Who would division leading Toronto be more afraid to face in the playoffs, hart trophy winner Connor McDavid or Bubble Demko?

I rest my case.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:59 pm
rats19 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:56 pm A team of drysaitls is better than a team of mcdavids I think

But for picking one guy... I’d take mcdavid

Maybe that doesn’t make sense... :lol:
Connor is unreal but one on 5 rushes dont fly come playoff time. He doesn't utilize his teammates as well as Dry which clearly makes Dry your better player
You're right, of course, but maybe bringing in Tyson Dee Man Blaster Barrie is what they've needed to finally go deep in the playoffs. Gotta build from the net out, right?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

McDavid is the Canadian Pavel Bure. He’s dazzling for sure, should be a winger. I like Matthew’s. He has more tools than McDavid. Better centre, more of a complete game
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:32 am McDavid is the Canadian Pavel Bure. He’s dazzling for sure, should be a winger. I like Matthew’s. He has more tools than McDavid. Better centre, more of a complete game
Lmfao fuck you guys must have splurged for the good crack this weekend. Crazy Lennie out of town? :lol: :lol: :lol:

The guy is scoring at almost 2 points a game and he should switch to wing. Maybe he should play goal. Mathews is nowhere near Connor. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:32 am McDavid is the Canadian Pavel Bure. He’s dazzling for sure, should be a winger. I like Matthew’s. He has more tools than McDavid. Better centre, more of a complete game
He sucks at center lol

One year over 50%...hes a winger

:P
Year Team FO% FO Games FO per game FW FL
1 2020-21 EDM 43.7% 103 33 3.1 45 58
2 2019-20 EDM 45.7% 162 64 2.5 74 88
3 2018-19 EDM 54.6% 229 78 2.9 125 104
4 2017-18 EDM 37.7% 244 82 3.0 92 152
5 2016-17 EDM 41.9% 186 82 2.3 78 108
6 2015-16 EDM 44.2% 172 45 3.8 76 96
https://www.puckbase.com/stats/faceoff- ... d&zone=def
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol yes Jay Beagle is a better centre.

Put him on the wing. Now I’ve heard it all :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Beags gets skates on pucks. He’s a board guy and nothing else.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Connor doesn't get skates on pucks therefor hes a winger
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:48 am Connor doesn't get skates on pucks therefor hes a winger
Is an art form. Pay close attention to Beages board work. He braces both hands off the glass and gets his skates going sniffing out the puck. Greener loves this
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:50 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:48 am Connor doesn't get skates on pucks therefor hes a winger
Is an art form. Pay close attention to Beages board work. He braces both hands off the glass and gets his skates going sniffing out the puck. Greener loves this
He's wily...one stick or 2 skates? Its why he has a stanley cup playing center in the NHL while McDavid has none
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I'd like to see McDavid get the Fedorov treatment, try him out on D. Maybe better suited to his skills, and he can learn how to pass the puck by flipping it to centre or chipping it off the glass.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

McDavid is a great player. Will go down as one of the all time greats. Top 5 for sure. It’s just fun to pick on him
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I hope some day, Pettersson can be as good as McDavid. :wink: Remember when McDavid's career almost ended early, first year, scary broken collar bone? Pettersson might be a tad overrated by some but when he's thinking, he might be the best we have, though I still think that may eventually be Hughes.
"evolution"