That “Hockey Guy” and other supposed social media gurus

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

That “Hockey Guy” and other supposed social media gurus

Post by ukcanuck »

Maybe it’s just me, but there seems to be an explosion of bloggers, and talking heads, setting up shop in the last while and perhaps I’ve missed any reviews on who is full of shit and who is actually worth a listen

So:

“The Hockey Guy” youtube dork extraordinaire, ridiculous number of hockey jerseys, broadcast from his basement not his mother’s basement but somehow always manages to have his cat licking its balls in the background.

“Legorocks 99” has a voice over NHL 2020 Canucks video games boring as fuck

“Steve Dangle” very Toronto but somewhat entertaining especially when he gets the rant on.

There are quite a few out there but many seem to have too much time on their hands and not enough brain power to light a 2 watt bulb.

I find the hockey guy okay to watch and dangle entertaining but that’s about it?

Any thoughts out there ?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: That “Hockey Guy” and other supposed social media gurus

Post by Strangelove »

They're all a waste of time UK.

Instead you should spent all your free time re-reading Strangelove posts. :mrgreen:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:35 pm They're all a waste of time UK.

Instead you should spent all your free time re-reading Strangelove posts. :mrgreen:
:D

Start in the election thread UK
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:13 pm Maybe it’s just me, but there seems to be an explosion of bloggers, and talking heads, setting up shop in the last while and perhaps I’ve missed any reviews on who is full of shit and who is actually worth a listen

So:

“The Hockey Guy” youtube dork extraordinaire, ridiculous number of hockey jerseys, broadcast from his basement not his mother’s basement but somehow always manages to have his cat licking its balls in the background.

“Legorocks 99” has a voice over NHL 2020 Canucks video games boring as fuck

“Steve Dangle” very Toronto but somewhat entertaining especially when he gets the rant on.

There are quite a few out there but many seem to have too much time on their hands and not enough brain power to light a 2 watt bulb.

I find the hockey guy okay to watch and dangle entertaining but that’s about it?

Any thoughts out there ?
You forgot about this guy..... Link

Has the occasional worthwhile thing to say, but for the most part comes off as a wannabe digital kingpin.....which in and of itself isn't unbearable (more pitiable), but you just can't respect him though because he moves the goalposts left and right.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I do not listen to any of them, there is way too much crap out there now, that it is not worth my time to try and find people I want to listen to.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:09 am I do not listen to any of them, there is way too much crap out there now, that it is not worth my time to try and find people I want to listen to.
So much this.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Kypreos and MacLean makes for decent background grumpy geezer hockey talk while you're nodding off in the easy chair.

I've only listened to it a couple of times mind you. I don't really go for the podcasts in a big way.
el rey del mambo
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Spitting chiclets is the only pod cast for me.

They are funny as fuck.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:19 pm I don't really go for the podcasts in a big way.
I know I'm lagging on technology and shit but wtf is a goddamn podcast? Isnt it just recorded radio or tv? Do people really want to listen more than read it in peace? Am I getting old?

I purposely have quit following along on all this trash and just read here, twitter and the province articles. Good enough
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:51 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:19 pm I don't really go for the podcasts in a big way.
I know I'm lagging on technology and shit but wtf is a goddamn podcast? Isnt it just recorded radio or tv? Do people really want to listen more than read it in peace? Am I getting old?

I purposely have quit following along on all this trash and just read here, twitter and the province articles. Good enough
It's just like sports radio online Wiz. Tends to be either geezers that lost their tv or radio jobs like Kypreos and MacLean or Ben Kuzma and David Pratt. Expect most of the personalities from radio 1040 to show up with podcasts soon. It's commercial free sports talk. I listen to almost none of it myself.

el rey del mambo
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:44 pm

:D

Start in the election thread UK
Hahaha 😝
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Don’t worry Doc I always read your posts.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A couple of weekly podcasts I listen to are not hockey related. they are about the sport my son competes in and it receives no mainstream coverage. I don't even listen weekly. Download them to the phone and listen in the truck when on the road. You have to pick a host who knows his shit though. There is no way I'd listen to random Joe pontificating. Both the ones I listen to are hosted by guys who competed at the top level of their sport and are now retired. Their guests are current top competitors and industry movers and shakers.

Years ago on SirusXM, Bettman used to do an hour long segment once a week that was fucking awesome.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Topper wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:34 pm A couple of weekly podcasts I listen to are not hockey related. they are about the sport my son competes in and it receives no mainstream coverage. I don't even listen weekly. Download them to the phone and listen in the truck when on the road. You have to pick a host who knows his shit though. There is no way I'd listen to random Joe pontificating. Both the ones I listen to are hosted by guys who competed at the top level of their sport and are now retired. Their guests are current top competitors and industry movers and shakers.

Years ago on SirusXM, Bettman used to do an hour long segment once a week that was fucking awesome.
Out of curiosity, to which sports are you referring to?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Jai alai
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.