Early Coaching Change? Yay or Nay.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Should Benning try righting the ship by making a change behind the bench? If so with who?

Yes - Gerard Gallant
50%
Yes - Mike Babcock
3%
Yes - Bruce Boudreau
3%
Yes - Adam Oates
3%
Yes - Randy Carlyle
No votes
No
41%

Total votes: 32

Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Re: Early Coaching Change? Yay or Nay.

Post by Vin Tanner »

Good riddance to the Biter. He’s where he belongs.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:54 am
2Fingers wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:35 am We talk about leadership in the room to teach the players how to win.

Then we have Green as a coach which is fucking up this team and the players, you want to talk about bad habits watch how this team plays.

Brining in a temp coach which works on the simple parts of the game and has the players playing both ends of the ice will do more good than letting Green and his wrecking crew stay.
Back to your original comment because it was from the heart. Doesn't sound like anything is going to happen this year now. However;
How about demoting Newell Brown to some other office job and bringing in a fresh face with some new outlooks. Example; Alex Burrows in Montreal.
That pissed me off. He woulda been great here.

Were you not one of the people who was lobbying to get a veteran coach here?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:01 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:54 am
2Fingers wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:35 am We talk about leadership in the room to teach the players how to win.

Then we have Green as a coach which is fucking up this team and the players, you want to talk about bad habits watch how this team plays.

Brining in a temp coach which works on the simple parts of the game and has the players playing both ends of the ice will do more good than letting Green and his wrecking crew stay.
Back to your original comment because it was from the heart. Doesn't sound like anything is going to happen this year now. However;
How about demoting Newell Brown to some other office job and bringing in a fresh face with some new outlooks. Example; Alex Burrows in Montreal.
That pissed me off. He woulda been great here.

Were you not one of the people who was lobbying to get a veteran coach here?
Yup, and I still think so. It's been made clear that will not be happening this year. But a new voice from a different assistant could be positive.
"Green" is consulting with "Brown" all the time during games. Couldn't hurt have a different voice at practices as well. It's difficult not thinking we should be getting a wee bit more out of the roster we have.
"evolution"