Coaching Change? Yay or Nay.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Should Benning try righting the ship by making a change behind the bench? If so with who?

Total votes: 0

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Coaching Change? Yay or Nay.

Post by ESQ »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:19 pm Green has gotta go, he can’t get the players to even look engaged anymore, the only guys looking engaged are the new ones that aren’t sick of green yet.
I don't disagree, but it's very strange - my understanding was the players universally spoke up in favour of Green and considered him a true "player's coach". Looking back at the season-ending pressers from the players, and the Green extension announcement, I thought the players' input was a major factor in his extension.

Maybe they're all just so sick of the bag skating instead of practicing or building chemistry at training camp? :lol:
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Micky wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:04 pm
Might be to old.
At 61 he's fine I'm sure.
Micky wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:04 pm
He would have one quality TG doesn't have enough of, IMO, instinct.
.....he has another.

Pedigree.
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

ESQ wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:06 pm "player's coach".
...perhaps they require the opposite.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Manny or Burr?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:11 pm
ESQ wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:06 pm "player's coach".
...perhaps they require the opposite.
Two in a row for the players now.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I think they need a hard ass.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

There’s a clip of Boeser and Green arguing at the bench, anyone seen. I think Greener has the course, time for a change, the top dawgs are turning him out. I’m tired of Lunchbuckets inability to coach the big dawgs, he can only coach Lunchbucket - skates on pucks types
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Some guy that used to coach in Florida might be available.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:42 pm I think they need a hard ass.
I think Boudreau would get their attention.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

I'm good with Boudreau and even Babcock. Julien I wasn't but that's more a case of me still being pissed about 2011 so, what the hell, he's ok. Thought about Torts, I'd like to see it and the Sedins were fans, but I think he'd eat Pettersson alive. Too bad for Green, nothing personal, but it needs to happen ASAP, and he'll be a better coach for it his next go round like most coaches are.

Schedule wise, two games over the next week is a perfect time to integrate a new coach, then there are two more at home before heading out for a three gamer starting 11/14.

Then there’s the next opportunity with three home games over a week and a half until a five road trip starting 11/24, which is also game 20. After that they're stuck until 12/04 and game 25.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:10 am The depth at the bottom of the lineup is no better than previous years. The fact that they have all of Dowling, Petan, Highmore, and Chiasson on the team is telling. You’d like to see a couple young guys pushing up but in eight years, here we are, there isn’t much.

I do see the team giving up less chances but still getting outplayed pretty consistently. With the personnel on the back end and among the top 6 or 8 forwards they should be a good transition team, but they aren’t- not yet anyways. Their breakouts absolutely suck balls. Frustrating to watch. Still the depth should be better and the team shouldn’t be this timid and soft. Shaping up to be a long season unless something changes.
How many guys like MacEwan and Gadjovich have been walked out the door because Green and/or Benning didn't like what they saw and places were given to guys like Sutter, Beagle, Roussel, and now Chiasson, Highmore, and Petan?

Generally speaking it is the coach who makes those kind of decisions and reports to the GM. The GM then moves those guys out when the coach isn't going to use them.

I'm not saying we've had a plethora of young guys pushing for depth spots, but at the same time there's the element of "we'll never know" when the coach won't give them a sniff.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

A good system can improve all players.

Look no further than Vegas as one where they had a system that suited the players, everyone bought into it and they have had success.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:02 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:42 pm I think they need a hard ass.
I think Boudreau would get their attention.
Boudreau has a long history of coaching offensive juggernauts that fail miserably when the games get tight and you need to be extra responsible in your own end.

Claude Julien. Solid resume. 200 foot approach to the ice. Old-school. Team toughness.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Clode…. :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boudreau where’s out his welcome pretty fast wherever he goes
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau