Coaching Change? Yay or Nay.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Should Benning try righting the ship by making a change behind the bench? If so with who?

Yes - Gerard Gallant
41%
Yes - Mike Babcock
5%
Yes - Bruce Boudreau
14%
Yes - Adam Oates
5%
Yes - Randy Carlyle
No votes
No
36%

Total votes: 44

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Early Coaching Change? Yay or Nay.

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Good riddance to the Biter. He’s where he belongs.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Micky wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:54 am
2Fingers wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:35 am We talk about leadership in the room to teach the players how to win.

Then we have Green as a coach which is fucking up this team and the players, you want to talk about bad habits watch how this team plays.

Brining in a temp coach which works on the simple parts of the game and has the players playing both ends of the ice will do more good than letting Green and his wrecking crew stay.
Back to your original comment because it was from the heart. Doesn't sound like anything is going to happen this year now. However;
How about demoting Newell Brown to some other office job and bringing in a fresh face with some new outlooks. Example; Alex Burrows in Montreal.
That pissed me off. He woulda been great here.

Were you not one of the people who was lobbying to get a veteran coach here?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:01 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:54 am
2Fingers wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:35 am We talk about leadership in the room to teach the players how to win.

Then we have Green as a coach which is fucking up this team and the players, you want to talk about bad habits watch how this team plays.

Brining in a temp coach which works on the simple parts of the game and has the players playing both ends of the ice will do more good than letting Green and his wrecking crew stay.
Back to your original comment because it was from the heart. Doesn't sound like anything is going to happen this year now. However;
How about demoting Newell Brown to some other office job and bringing in a fresh face with some new outlooks. Example; Alex Burrows in Montreal.
That pissed me off. He woulda been great here.

Were you not one of the people who was lobbying to get a veteran coach here?
Yup, and I still think so. It's been made clear that will not be happening this year. But a new voice from a different assistant could be positive.
"Green" is consulting with "Brown" all the time during games. Couldn't hurt have a different voice at practices as well. It's difficult not thinking we should be getting a wee bit more out of the roster we have.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 pm
theman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:04 pm Taj reporting that Blake is shit stirring on twitter:
Blake: Heard from one NHL source already that Saturday could be huge if they lose in emphatic fashion.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Franco is taking heat right now. He took heat in 2014 and promptly fired Eye Bags. He don’t like heat. If they don’t turn it around soon I can easily see him doing something hasty. I’m curious how close he still is to Geoff and Russ Courtnall. Pretty common knowledge they were big backers of Mike Gillis back in the day. Not saying he’s coming back but I believe they are all still tight. I’m sure they have opinions
:)
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:18 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:35 pm
theman wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:04 pm Taj reporting that Blake is shit stirring on twitter:
Blake: Heard from one NHL source already that Saturday could be huge if they lose in emphatic fashion.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Franco is taking heat right now. He took heat in 2014 and promptly fired Eye Bags. He don’t like heat. If they don’t turn it around soon I can easily see him doing something hasty. I’m curious how close he still is to Geoff and Russ Courtnall. Pretty common knowledge they were big backers of Mike Gillis back in the day. Not saying he’s coming back but I believe they are all still tight. I’m sure they have opinions
:)
Imagine if they can Benning and re-hire Gillis and Gilman? Chef would be fucking irate!

:lol:

Its almost worth hoping it happens just to watch him lose it
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

If Benning sticks around and makes a coaching change of his choice, I think it will be Claude Julien because of their success when they were both in Boston in 2011.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:06 pm If Benning sticks around and makes a coaching change of his choice, I think it will be Claude Julien because of their success when they were both in Boston in 2011.
Now there's a thought. Might not be camera friendly but whatever gets the desired effect.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:06 pm If Benning sticks around and makes a coaching change of his choice, I think it will be Claude Julien because of their success when they were both in Boston in 2011.
Might be the best choice he could make.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'd give Green till January, if the team is playing sub par - at that point - it should be coaching change time.

This team just has so much potential.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

SKYO wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:58 am I'd give Green till January, if the team is playing sub par - at that point - it should be coaching change time.

My comments earlier in this thread still stand IMO but that being said, they'll know where they stand come Remembrance Day. If they crap the bed during the 7 gamer at home, fire the coach and move out Miller to shore up the D. They could be out of it by January, that's pissing away almost half a season.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

SKYO wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:58 am I'd give Green till January, if the team is playing sub par - at that point - it should be coaching change time.

25 games, SKYO. If the Canucks lay an egg every 5 games like they did against Buffalo, bring in Julien.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

mr perfect wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:56 am

25 games, SKYO. If the Canucks lay an egg every 5 games like they did against Buffalo, bring in Julien.
And if they are below .500 at the 15 game mark you pull the trigger then.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

mr perfect wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:56 am

Yah, enough of the inconsistency of Travis Green. He's all over the place. He can't go for wins and develop players at the same time.
He builds sturdy dog houses that some just never get out of, even if they deserve to.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yup, Green is entering his 5th NHL season as the Canucks coach, and only has 1 playoff to show for it.

Team is stagnant, not clicking, I think it's time for a change, hell Florida has it's 5th coach now since 2014, Canucks still on their 2nd.

A lot of prominent teams have changed it up coaching wise since 2014 on their 3rd or 4th nhl coach.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Who's available?

Not Torts anymore :wink:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!