Coaching Change? Yay or Nay.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Should Benning try righting the ship by making a change behind the bench? If so with who?

Yes - Gerard Gallant
41%
Yes - Mike Babcock
5%
Yes - Bruce Boudreau
14%
Yes - Adam Oates
5%
Yes - Randy Carlyle
No votes
No
36%

Total votes: 44

Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Coaching Change? Yay or Nay.

Post by Curmudgeon »

Watching the Boudreau press conference reminds me just how bad Benning and the two head coaches have been in front of a mic the past 8 years. lol
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:35 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:26 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:37 pm Gotta say that this live press conference with Boudreau is encouraging in at least one way: He's the most articulate coach this team has had that I've heard firsthand.
He seems pretty pumped to be coaching this roster. If only this change happened 2 weeks ago.
Or last summer
Or last summer.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:49 pm Watching the Boudreau press conference reminds me just how bad Benning and the two head coaches have been in front of a mic the past 8 years. lol
NOPE, im gonna put ndn curse on ya.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

SKYO wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:51 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:49 pm Watching the Boudreau press conference reminds me just how bad Benning and the two head coaches have been in front of a mic the past 8 years. lol
NOPE, im gonna put ndn curse on ya.
I don't know what the hell that is, but you'd likely be better off just continuing with your forte, making pie in the sky trade proposals. lol
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Ndn = Native Indian Curm
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

iNDiaN....no?
If you need air...call it in
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Yeah sure....same same.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO has found the rum and eggnog I reckon. He's been on a ripper
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

One of the most encouraging things Boudreau did in his first game behind the bench was to get that useless sweater filler Dowling out of the lineup. Shows you he's a quick study when it comes to identifying someone who just can't play. A small thing but the little things add up and all contribute to getting things moving in the right direction. Plus it was annoying as fuck seeing him back in the lineup again and again and again win or lose.
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:57 pm One of the most encouraging things Boudreau did in his first game behind the bench was to get that useless sweater filler Dowling out of the lineup. Shows you he's a quick study when it comes to identifying someone who just can't play. A small thing but the little things add up and all contribute to getting things moving in the right direction. Plus it was annoying as fuck seeing him back in the lineup again and again and again win or lose.
He sure had an idea what he wanted to do right off the bat. Also very impressed he knows exactly who needs what to get them going. Already seems to have the trust of the players as they, all that have been interviewed, seemed acceptable to his moves.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:57 pm One of the most encouraging things Boudreau did in his first game behind the bench was to get that useless sweater filler Dowling out of the lineup. Shows you he's a quick study when it comes to identifying someone who just can't play. A small thing but the little things add up and all contribute to getting things moving in the right direction. Plus it was annoying as fuck seeing him back in the lineup again and again and again win or lose.
I'm not the biggest fan of Hambone, but clearly he's been much better despite the lack of camp.

The D unit has really hurt when he hasn't been available and AHLers like Burroughs, Bowey and Hunt were forced into action.

I'm hoping this is the end of all of his issues and he can travel on the road with the team. I'm looking forward to see a stronger and better Woo and Rathbone for a few games this year... to keep old man Schenn fresh. I never want to see the aforementioned AHL Dmen ever again wearing the stinky whale.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:36 pm
I'm not the biggest fan of Hambone, but clearly he's been much better despite the lack of camp.

The D unit has really hurt when he hasn't been available and AHLers like Burroughs, Bowey and Hunt were forced into action.

I'm hoping this is the end of all of his issues and he can travel on the road with the team. I'm looking forward to see a stronger and better Woo and Rathbone for a few games this year... to keep old man Schenn fresh. I never want to see the aforementioned AHL Dmen ever again wearing the stinky whale.
Aside from his now infamous anti media rant on Donnie and Dhali's show Hamonic's agent Kevin Epp did say his client was fully vaxxed and ready to travel to the US last week. And yeah, of our ocean of third pairing D he's quite possibly the best of the bunch.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:20 pm
He sure had an idea what he wanted to do right off the bat. Also very impressed he knows exactly who needs what to get them going. Already seems to have the trust of the players as they, all that have been interviewed, seemed acceptable to his moves.
Yes, the experience showed immediately. It was almost like he knew what he was doing or something :)
el rey del mambo
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Although I like Boudreau as a coach for these Canucks, am expecting a bumpy road ahead. So far we've seen a more assertive & energetic squad.

Hope to see progressive improvement in systems play, & more confident shooters next. This will take time.

The plot thickens. 8-)
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:26 pm SKYO has found the rum and eggnog I reckon. He's been on a ripper
back on the wagon now ha, sheesh that was rough.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.