Canucks Training Camp 2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Training Camp 2021

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uber Loui can drive the whole taxi squad to Cowtown. He excels at the Little Things.
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:08 pm Shit they might grab all 6
No GST.
Try to focus on THIS year...
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

I would hope that he will be going to Utica. If they’ve cut his ass this early, maybe they finally had enough of the lack of effort, lack of professionalism and lack of passion for the game. Maybe they think that he may retire instead of playing in Utica during a pandemic. He doesn’t deserve to be on the taxi squad.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:52 pm I would hope that he will be going to Utica. If they’ve cut his ass this early, maybe they finally had enough of the lack of effort, lack of professionalism and lack of passion for the game. Maybe they think that he may retire instead of playing in Utica during a pandemic. He doesn’t deserve to be on the taxi squad.
Agree but I doubt we are that lucky
Megaterio Llamas
CC Legend

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:52 pm I would hope that he will be going to Utica. If they’ve cut his ass this early, maybe they finally had enough of the lack of effort, lack of professionalism and lack of passion for the game. Maybe they think that he may retire instead of playing in Utica during a pandemic. He doesn’t deserve to be on the taxi squad.
Agreed. Jimmy can tell him with a straight face that he can mentor the kids in Utica.

You know, show them how to play the right way :)
el rey del mambo
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Travis Hamonic is one fortunate "new guy". Looks to be paired with Hughes to start the first part of the season.

If Louis Eriksson is not desired for the taxi squad, (why would he be. been a slug at camp), but he doesn't want to exit the country, wonder if he could be loaned to one of the Canadian AHL teams. :P
"evolution"
BCExpat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BCExpat »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:08 pm
BingoTough wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:06 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:27 am Eriksson right off the bat to waivers! wow - frees up a million when he's in Utica and a roster spot....or is it just to the taxi squad?
Given recent events, there's a chance Calgary might pick him up.
Shit they might grab all 6
Not a chance the flames pick Eriksson or anyone else at this point.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:48 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:27 am Eriksson right off the bat to waivers! wow - frees up a million when he's in Utica and a roster spot....or is it just to the taxi squad?
unfortunate, he and Lucic could be 2/3rds of wonderful 4th line
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Umm... it’s the last day of training camp. That’s not ‘early’.

.... in fact, I think someone here on the board called it as to when the cuts would happen...

Now, if the quarantine his ass when he gets to Utica, and call him up to quarantine, then send him back down.. well after 6 weeks of quarantine, perhaps the team will catch him breaking quarantine (that’s gotta be grounds for breach of contract) or he retires. I am strangely comfortable with either.

100% agree, he doesn’t deserve to be on the taxi squad.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:10 pm
Agreed. Jimmy can tell him with a straight face that he can mentor the kids in Utica.

You know, show them how to play the right way :)
Lol. Make sure they learn to do the little things the right way?? :D :) :D
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
BCExpat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BCExpat »

Topper wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:57 pm
Lucic has played well for the Flames, even though he is vastly overpaid. I guess that's what happens when you have to get rid of Neal, who is absolutely useless.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:17 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:57 pm
Lucic has played well for the Flames, even though he is vastly overpaid. I guess that's what happens when you have to get rid of Neal, who is absolutely useless.
How’s Milan’s skating these days. Is the sheet of ice he skates starting to pull away from him yet?
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Predicting the taxi squad is tough. It depends if they want the best players available or will they consider their development too important to keep them up. Considering the AHL doesn’t start for a while, some of the prospects might have a better chance of sticking around. The last three players on the roster are likely Benn, Chatfield, and McEwen. Then they probably want each position on the taxi squad:

1. RD Rafferty
2. LD Rathbone This is the hardest choice. If one of the top three LD get injured long term, you’d think they’d want Rathbone in over Benn. I guess they could play Benn for the duration of a quarantine, but that would not be optimal. In my mind Benn is behind Chatfield, Rathbone, and Rafferty on the depth chart.
3. C Michaelis, or they could go with Graovac. Michaelis outplayed Graovac at camp. This is another case of development in Utica or need for depth?
4. RW Bailey
5. LW Hawryluk
6. Last spot: Loui’s last stand? Baertschi? Or Sautner?

It should be an interesting day.
We are all Jim Benning.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

How is that going to work for goalies then? Will there still be an emergency goalie on hand? Will a 3rd goalie be 'on call'? Will we be seeing more local university goalies pressed into action?
2021 - Playoff Bound
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:02 am How is that going to work for goalies then? Will there still be an emergency goalie on hand? Will a 3rd goalie be 'on call'? Will we be seeing more local university goalies pressed into action?
They can keep as many goalies on top of the taxi squad as they want. Right now they have DiPietro and Keilly. Unless they can make a waiver claim or trade for a journeyman, I guess their plan is to use these young prospects for depth?
We are all Jim Benning.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:12 am
Cornuck wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:02 am How is that going to work for goalies then? Will there still be an emergency goalie on hand? Will a 3rd goalie be 'on call'? Will we be seeing more local university goalies pressed into action?
They can keep as many goalies on top of the taxi squad as they want. Right now they have DiPietro and Keilly. Unless they can make a waiver claim or trade for a journeyman, I guess their plan is to use these young prospects for depth?
Thanks - I missed that somewhere. (Must be a leaves rule, as they wouldn't want to face any Zamboni drivers)
2021 - Playoff Bound