Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Vin Tanner »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:54 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:45 pm Well that and the fact he chugs a bottle of royal red every day in addition to all the Okeefes Extra Old stock. He’s 5’4” 290 for a reason. Can you imagine the poor ambo driver that’s gotta drag that fat carcass out of his crib one day? Hopefully he doesn’t shit his nighty if he has a jammer.
EEEWWWWWW WEEEEE he angry! :lol:
Not really.... more concerned for the first responder that has to carry your fat ass out of bed. They might have to bring in a small crane or a forklift. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8788
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Meds »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:45 pm
Meds wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:41 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:58 pm 1960 Meg... not the mullet kids. In 1960, Doc was probably 7 or 8. He had a full head of hair then :shock: pre McDonald’s days but he was warming up eating there a few days a week.
Probably didn't have chronic gout back then either.....a steady diet of McDonalds was probably a contributing factor though.
Well that and the fact he chugs a bottle of royal red every day in addition to all the Okeefes Extra Old stock. He’s 5’4” 290 for a reason. Can you imagine the poor ambo driver that’s gotta drag that fat carcass out of his crib one day? Hopefully he doesn’t shit his nighty if he has a jammer.
In his case it won't be an ambulance that carts him out of the house. At that size and health history we'd just declare on scene. RCMP and coroner handle body removal these days. :lol:
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29932
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove »

Image

THAT'S you Blob, own it bro! "Steve McQueen" Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Vin Tanner »

Meds wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:59 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:45 pm
Meds wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:41 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:58 pm 1960 Meg... not the mullet kids. In 1960, Doc was probably 7 or 8. He had a full head of hair then :shock: pre McDonald’s days but he was warming up eating there a few days a week.
Probably didn't have chronic gout back then either.....a steady diet of McDonalds was probably a contributing factor though.
Well that and the fact he chugs a bottle of royal red every day in addition to all the Okeefes Extra Old stock. He’s 5’4” 290 for a reason. Can you imagine the poor ambo driver that’s gotta drag that fat carcass out of his crib one day? Hopefully he doesn’t shit his nighty if he has a jammer.
In his case it won't be an ambulance that carts him out of the house. At that size and health history we'd just declare on scene. RCMP and coroner handle body removal these days. :lol:
He lives in Matsqui. They may have to load him in the back of a dump truck.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8788
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Meds »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:57 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:54 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:45 pm Well that and the fact he chugs a bottle of royal red every day in addition to all the Okeefes Extra Old stock. He’s 5’4” 290 for a reason. Can you imagine the poor ambo driver that’s gotta drag that fat carcass out of his crib one day? Hopefully he doesn’t shit his nighty if he has a jammer.
EEEWWWWWW WEEEEE he angry! :lol:
Not really.... more concerned for the first responder that has to carry your fat ass out of bed. They might have to bring in a small crane or a forklift. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thankfully all our stretchers are now power lift and power load.

Doc sounds like a candidate for the manta mat though.

Btw Vin, did I tell you that a buddy of mine working the DTES saw Chef the other day? I'm guessing it was him at any rate.....said he was busy narc'ing a guy in the alley between Hastings and East Cordova, just off of Hawks Ave, looks up and saw this guy in a wife beater and florescent spandex about 20 feet away hunched over drawing up some puddle water into a syringe. He described him as a beach ball with 4 toothpicks for limbs, mostly bald with ratty hair (no offense rats) down to his shoulder blades. Says it was just duh-mazing that this guy didn't even give a shit that he was being watched by first responders and an EHS crew. I guess the most legendary part of the encounter was when he stood up and was joined by a 400 pound woman wearing size XS clothes.....he sticks the syringe into his own arm, shoots up half of it then turns and sticks the she-elephant with the same needle and gives her the other half. Then they both staggered off around the corner groping each other like horny teenagers.
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14877
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:43 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:46 pm He has a good head of hair but that hat looks two sizes too big for his tiny little head :D


Image
Image
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29932
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove »

Meds wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:12 pm Thankfully all our stretchers are now power lift and power load.

Doc sounds like a candidate for the manta mat though.
"Eat shit fuck face!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3811
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:58 pm 1960 Meg... not the mullet kids. In 1960, Doc was probably 7 or 8. He had a full head of hair then :shock: pre McDonald’s days but he was warming up eating there a few days a week.
You know we used to call french fries 'chips' here in Old Vancouver before the advent of McDonalds eh Vin. Napkins were serviettes back then too. It was right there on the menu at pre McDonalds burger joints like White Spot, Kings, A&W etc.

Sometimes I would lose my serviette under the chesterfield while eating burgers and chips and watching Foster Hewitt and Ward Cornell call the Saturday night hockey game which usually featured the Maple Leaves (the good guys) against the villainous Frenchmen. Sometimes you'd see the Black Hawks or Gordie Howe's Red Wings Saturday night but seldom the lowly Bruins or Rangers. They sucked.
el rey del mambo
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8788
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:41 pm
Meds wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:12 pm Thankfully all our stretchers are now power lift and power load.

Doc sounds like a candidate for the manta mat though.
"Eat shit fuck face!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
That kind of behaviour is gonna earn you a dose of midazolam sir. :P
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Vin Tanner »

Meds wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:12 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:57 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:54 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:45 pm Well that and the fact he chugs a bottle of royal red every day in addition to all the Okeefes Extra Old stock. He’s 5’4” 290 for a reason. Can you imagine the poor ambo driver that’s gotta drag that fat carcass out of his crib one day? Hopefully he doesn’t shit his nighty if he has a jammer.
EEEWWWWWW WEEEEE he angry! :lol:
Not really.... more concerned for the first responder that has to carry your fat ass out of bed. They might have to bring in a small crane or a forklift. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thankfully all our stretchers are now power lift and power load.

Doc sounds like a candidate for the manta mat though.

Btw Vin, did I tell you that a buddy of mine working the DTES saw Chef the other day? I'm guessing it was him at any rate.....said he was busy narc'ing a guy in the alley between Hastings and East Cordova, just off of Hawks Ave, looks up and saw this guy in a wife beater and florescent spandex about 20 feet away hunched over drawing up some puddle water into a syringe. He described him as a beach ball with 4 toothpicks for limbs, mostly bald with ratty hair (no offense rats) down to his shoulder blades. Says it was just duh-mazing that this guy didn't even give a shit that he was being watched by first responders and an EHS crew. I guess the most legendary part of the encounter was when he stood up and was joined by a 400 pound woman wearing size XS clothes.....he sticks the syringe into his own arm, shoots up half of it then turns and sticks the she-elephant with the same needle and gives her the other half. Then they both staggered off around the corner groping each other like horny teenagers.
Chef... your thoughts?
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
Curmudgeon
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 720
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:23 am

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:17 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:58 pm 1960 Meg... not the mullet kids. In 1960, Doc was probably 7 or 8. He had a full head of hair then :shock: pre McDonald’s days but he was warming up eating there a few days a week.
You know we used to call french fries 'chips' here in Old Vancouver before the advent of McDonalds eh Vin. Napkins were serviettes back then too. It was right there on the menu at pre McDonalds burger joints like White Spot, Kings, A&W etc.

Sometimes I would lose my serviette under the chesterfield while eating burgers and chips and watching Foster Hewitt and Ward Cornell call the Saturday night hockey game which usually featured the Maple Leaves (the good guys) against the villainous Frenchmen. Sometimes you'd see the Black Hawks or Gordie Howe's Red Wings Saturday night but seldom the lowly Bruins or Rangers. They sucked.
And you'd be in your rec room with the wood paneling, right? Don't forget Walley's. Pretty sure Kings had a place on Kingsway around St.Catherine's by Bert's Automotive. lol
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Vin Tanner »

My dad called French fries “chips”. I used to find it annoying. They’re fries for fuck sakes.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 11760
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by rats19 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:52 am My dad called French fries “chips”. I used to find it annoying. They’re fries for fuck sakes.
Fish and chips....
To... Or not..
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15878
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Micky »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:52 am My dad called French fries “chips”. I used to find it annoying. They’re fries for fuck sakes.
So did my Dad. Use to take us to Whitespot with the old slide through trays for the car. They said chips. McDonald's, and others, changed the local terminology. I'm old enough to remember the A&W on the north end of #3 road where the ladies on roller skates brought your stuff. That's where I remember starting to say fries.
"evolution"
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 10198
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Cornuck »

rats19 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:14 am Fish and chips....
Burger and fries....

2 different cultures. Back when Vic's dad was growing up, Canada had a lot more British influence. Now, of course, it's the American vocabulary taking over.

But did anyone call 'chips' crisps over here?
2021 - Playoff Bound
Post Reply