Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

damonberryman wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:37 am
I hope you are right. I got no dog in this fight. Still, challenge me on logic and not feelings. Love you guys and gals.
Big facts Berryman, this team is built to continue to improve! :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Shane Wright is off to a mediocre start with 6 points in 6 games as a 17 year old. Connor Bedard the 16 year old chump has 6 points in 8 games. Pretty crappy numbers from two Canadian kids expected to challenge for first overall draft spots in 2022 and 2023. Hockey Canada sucks. The Americans are way better at developing kids than Canada. They will take over hockey.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Seriously though, I just haven't heard Wright described as the next mcgoof.

Gretzky said McDavid was the best Mario, which I think has turned out to be pretty spot on - I saw a crazy stat that he has 49 points in his last 19 reg season games, which is fucked.

But I bring that just to emphasize the gap between McDavid and the average 1st OA, players like Hirshchier, Nuge, etc.

I would not trade Petey for an 18 year old Nugent Hopkins. Personally I wouldn't trade him for a 16% chance at the next McDavid either.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:36 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:22 am Benning is bringing home the cup, nevermind the BerryMan Blues, he grew up down by the train tracks of Wall and Dundas street, drinking his first beers at the Princeton Hotel, he will come around to the Benning Plan
You and the Berryman probably bumped uglies together in some fleabag hotel in the DTES back in the day scoring a flap of bump from Crazy Lennie.
I guarantee you Ole legendary Whistling Smith took the Billy club to rubby dubs - BerryMan and Doc in the hallways of the Balmoral Hotel back in the day

“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:45 am Shane Wright is off to a mediocre start with 6 points in 6 games as a 17 year old. Connor Bedard the 16 year old chump has 6 points in 8 games. Pretty crappy numbers from two Canadian kids expected to challenge for first overall draft spots in 2022 and 2023. Hockey Canada sucks. The Americans are way better at developing kids than Canada. They will take over hockey.
Did you watch the under 18's? I do not think Canadian hockey could be any better.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

He's being facetious to make his point about the strength of Canadian hockey dbm.
DeLevering since 1999.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

damonberryman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:23 am It would be a gamble but I propose trading Petterson for our best shot at the number one pick next draft. I would also make another trade for Bock who is injury prone despite the fact of being good.

Shane Wright appears to be the real deal. A leader who plays with passion and skill. This is a franchise player. Is Petey or Brock? Wait till later time such as Trade Day. Should be clearer by then who will get the first. Hello Arizona? I like both the trade candidates but I do not think Petey becomes attached emotionally to this team. Great talent but a bit of a prima donna with a three year showcase of his talents. This shit matters. Brock would be our second bet on the finish of the season.

I think it feels counter-productive but "I am not feeling it." Hope I am wrong
So you're kind of thinking, if they came to the conclusion the Pettersson we've been seeing since the start of last season is what he is, maybe they should look at selling high?

It's something I'm starting to wonder about myself and noted in a game thread. While I'm obviously not there yet, it's clearly too early to tell or act on, it's not too early to start posing the question IMO.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:36 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:22 am Benning is bringing home the cup, nevermind the BerryMan Blues, he grew up down by the train tracks of Wall and Dundas street, drinking his first beers at the Princeton Hotel, he will come around to the Benning Plan
You and the Berryman probably bumped uglies together in some fleabag hotel in the DTES back in the day scoring a flap of bump from Crazy Lennie.
I guarantee you Ole legendary Whistling Smith took the Billy club to rubby dubs - BerryMan and Doc in the hallways of the Balmoral Hotel back in the day

I believe you were the only one with the pleasure of growing up on Smith's beat :lol:

Love this film
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:36 pm

All the cops on the Corner were brutal fucks. In the old sunset hotel I got mugged by the drug squad when I was a kid. The Scotsman and other fucks made life down there interesting. How life has changed. Now most of the population DTES is considered 'vulnerable'. No fucking shit!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Old Sunset Hotel? Never heard of that one. Where was it?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:06 pm Old Sunset Hotel? Never heard of that one. Where was it?
I think he probably mean The Sunrise Chef.

Geez it's such a shame what happened to the street, you can see it still had mostly normal people and businesses open down there in '75. As well as some dope fiends and whatnot.
el rey del mambo
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:06 pm Old Sunset Hotel? Never heard of that one. Where was it?
The Sunset was the name at one short time for the place on the corner of Columbia and Hastings.

My trade request is hereby cancelled as Petey is lowering his value every game
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

damonberryman wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:51 am
The Sunset was the name at one short time for the place on the corner of Columbia and Hastings.

The hotel was right next to the old Zodiac cafe which was constant entertainment
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

damonberryman wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:52 am

The hotel was right next to the old Zodiac cafe which was constant entertainment
It was the Sunrise. You right. I wonder how many name changes that place has gone through. My memory for names is shite.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

damonberryman wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:00 pm
damonberryman wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:52 am

It was the Sunrise. You right. I wonder how many name changes that place has gone through. My memory for names is shite.
Across the street The Columbia Hotel as it still stands my Grandfather was a waiter there in the 30’s. When prohibition ended in the states he purchased large amounts of booze stock at a great discounted price from shit out of luck local rum runners who know longer had the US market to sell to, he would spend the next little while selling that booze to DTES rubby dubs like Damonberryman and Doc on the side while waitering at the Columbia, used those earnings to purchase a DTES hotel not to far from there