Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

Habs could pull a trade easily for PLD offering one of Nick Suzuki+ or Jesperi Kotkaniemi.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:00 pm Habs could pull a trade easily for PLD offering one of Nick Suzuki+ or Jesperi Kotkaniemi.
It comes back to, can the Habs afford to be without whoever is being sent south AND PLD for 14 days?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:00 pm Habs could pull a trade easily for PLD offering one of Nick Suzuki+ or Jesperi Kotkaniemi.
The ++ would be on Kotka, the + would be on David Suzuki’s boy.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Suzuki is a good player. Don’t think the Habs would have to add lot more. I could see a point in a couple seasons where Suzuki is as valuable as PLD
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:35 pm Suzuki is a good player. Don’t think the Habs would have to add lot more. I could see a point in a couple seasons where Suzuki is as valuable as PLD
Salary needs to move from the Habs though
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:44 pm Horvat or Miller for Dubois? 8-) Would ya?
I've said b4 that if Miller was a Nuck draft pick and played his whole career here, I would give him the C over BoHo. That being said and despite Miller being a bit older, I wouldn't trade JT for Dubois, but I think I'd be willing to sacrifice BoHo. Miller + Bo both play a strong 2-way game, but I think Miller is a bit more skilled and I'd give Miller the edge in term of intangibles. Bo is more the silent type and lead by example, but Miller seems like the vocal guy who can back it up with his play on the ice (alpha male type). Alot of the guys in our young core are quiet types (ie: Petey, Huggy, Gauds, Virts, Demko and Motte) and I think Miller's outgoing personality would bring more balance to our group and dressing room.

Miller's leadership in trying to help Jake improve his game is well documented, seeing alot of himself in Jake when he first came into the league, whispering strategy to Jake on the ice. The only thing I ever heard from Bo in trying to help Jake is Bo firing the F-bomb at Jake during summer camp cuz Jake threw a hit on a guy during a practice/scrimmage. Not really sure that's really the best way to get a guy going.

I also remember a TSN guy (think Thomas Drance) say that he was watching a practice and he noticed that Bo screwed up on a drill and was cussing and being hard on himself. JT would have none of it and told Bo to try again and they did the drill again together, that very next game, Bo scored a goal in that exact play. Nuff said. :)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:12 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:44 pm Horvat or Miller for Dubois? 8-) Would ya?
I've said b4 that if Miller was a Nuck draft pick and played his whole career here, I would give him the C over BoHo. That being said and despite Miller being a bit older, I wouldn't trade JT for Dubois, but I think I'd be willing to sacrifice BoHo. Miller + Bo both play a strong 2-way game, but I think Miller is a bit more skilled and I'd give Miller the edge in term of intangibles. Bo is more the silent type and lead by example, but Miller seems like the vocal guy who can back it up with his play on the ice (alpha male type). Alot of the guys in our young core are quiet types (ie: Petey, Huggy, Gauds, Virts, Demko and Motte) and I think Miller's outgoing personality would bring more balance to our group and dressing room.

Miller's leadership in trying to help Jake improve his game is well documented, seeing alot of himself in Jake when he first came into the league, whispering strategy to Jake on the ice. The only thing I ever heard from Bo in trying to help Jake is Bo firing the F-bomb at Jake during summer camp cuz Jake threw a hit on a guy during a practice/scrimmage. Not really sure that's really the best way to get a guy going.

I also remember a TSN guy (think Thomas Drance) say that he was watching a practice and he noticed that Bo screwed up on a drill and was cussing and being hard on himself. JT would have none of it and told Bo to try again and they did the drill again together, that very next game, Bo scored a goal in that exact play. Nuff said. :)
Nobody in their right mind will touch Dubois right now outside of Marc Bergevin.....and he will only do it for a steal. PLD has expressed his desire to play in Montreal, any GM with half a brain will step back and not burn any decent assets on a guy that will look to bolt as a free agent.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Maybe but if Pettersson wants $10,000,000 per year would you consider him and Virtanen for Dubois, Domi, and a 1st if they could find a way to make the dollars work this year?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:28 am
Maybe but if Pettersson wants $10,000,000 per year would you consider him and Virtanen for Dubois, Domi, and a 1st if they could find a way to make the dollars work this year?
No

Pettersson is much more of a game changer than Dubois. Petey can snipe goals at will when his confidence is running high. Skill trumps old school

Plus Domi wears out his welcome wherever he goes. Like father like son
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:46 am
No

Pettersson is much more of a game changer than Dubois. Petey can snipe goals at will when his confidence is running high. Skill trumps old school

I don't know, Dubois is a very skilled player in his own right and re-signing all of Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, and Boeser while still having Horvat, Miller, Schmidt and Myers and needing to fill out the balance of the lineup looks to be a looming problem even with contracts coming off the books. Saving $2-3 million from next year on could come in handy. That Montreal defense looks pretty old school size wise, we'll see how they do against that next week. lol. Just throwing it out there.

Domi for Virtanen off the ice is a pretty even swap, on the ice there's no comparison.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:26 pm Domi for Virtanen off the ice is a pretty even swap, on the ice there's no comparison.
Domi for Virtanen seems pretty fair at this moment, Torts could probably whip big JV into shape.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’d rather have Virtanen to be honest. Park Domi in that Anthony Duclair category
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Why do people thin Pettersson is in the $10M per category?

Leon Draisaitl is a 50 goal scorer. He makes $8.5M. Petey hasn’t approached Draisaitl’s value yet.

We love to overvalue our players here. Pettersson isn’t even a top 10 pivot in this league. But yeah. He’s a lock for $10M.....
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:26 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:46 am
No

I don't know, Dubois is a very skilled player in his own right and re-signing all of Pettersson, Hughes, Demko, and Boeser while still having Horvat, Miller, Schmidt and Myers and needing to fill out the balance of the lineup looks to be a looming problem even with contracts coming off the books.
The new NHL (cap situation) isn’t about holding onto 8-9 players. It’s all about drafting and having 2-3 good players on ELCs playing a few million ‘over their contracts’ and 3-4 core guys playing about 1m (ea) over their contract values. If you can assemble the right mix where you have 5-7 guys have a career year, no obvious bad contracts (Loui) and only 1-2 poor contacts (the “paid 750isk K too much types). After that, you only need 2-3 ‘core’ guys on whatever contract they have, because you core fills the need for your particular group. I could be skill (usually is), character (always needed) or leadership. Each group is different.

We will never resign all 8 Canuck guys listed above, and add a dollar value of a Dubois to the list and win. This day and age, it’s simply not how teams are built. Look at the turnover in Tampa. (Or every other cup winner in The last 4-5 years)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Mëds wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:10 pm Why do people thin Pettersson is in the $10M per category?

Leon Draisaitl is a 50 goal scorer. He makes $8.5M. Petey hasn’t approached Draisaitl’s value yet.

We love to overvalue our players here. Pettersson isn’t even a top 10 pivot in this league. But yeah. He’s a lock for $10M.....
+1
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.