Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pearson is fine value for his contract.

If you’d read back I am not saying I’d be in a hurry to ditch OEL, but please continue to yammer on about me worrying about 35 year old players.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:16 am Pearson is fine value for his contract.
I guess it's a question of what you meant by 'fine'. It's sort of around league median, and the median for Canucks forwards. I'd say you could definitely go from there to "not a primary team performance limitation".

https://www.capfriendly.com/cost-per-point

Or would you say that Pearson brings other important value to the Canucks beyond point production, such as leadership, or sound defensive play?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:59 am Or would you say that Pearson brings other important value to the Canucks beyond point production, such as leadership, or sound defensive play?
I'd say Pearse has a heavier body and can go to the dirty areas to fight for pucks. We have quite a few smaller forwards, so Pearse does balance things out a bit for us in that regard.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pearson is a solid defensive winger that consistently wins board battles, is great at puck retrieval, gets the puck out of his own zone methodically and will go to the greasy areas to score a goal or make a play. He scores at a 40 point clip with little PP time. He’s a very popular teammate who, while not a physical beast, will stick his nose in when needed. Yes, he’s slow, but he’s well worth his 3.25 million cap hit all day long.

I’m not saying don’t trade him. I think Hoglander can replicate what he brings with a bit more quickness. Podkolzin can likely bring a fair bit more.

I just don’t like to see him lumped in with the overpaid guys because he isn’t.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:14 am I hope Benning is trying to move the 2021 1st overall for JT Miller 2.0. I don’t want to wait 3-4 years to see if a Cole Sillinger pans out
:lol:
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:58 am Pearson is a solid defensive winger that consistently wins board battles, is great at puck retrieval, gets the puck out of his own zone methodically and will go to the greasy areas to score a goal or make a play. He scores at a 40 point clip with little PP time. He’s a very popular teammate who, while not a physical beast, will stick his nose in when needed. Yes, he’s slow, but he’s well worth his 3.25 million cap hit all day long.

I’m not saying don’t trade him. I think Hoglander can replicate what he brings with a bit more quickness. Podkolzin can likely bring a fair bit more.

+1

Pearson is like Higgins. Good value. The only knock against Higgins was his last contract was bad. Now, if Pearson is re-upped for $4x4, it'll be all bad too, but Blob is right. His current contract is just fine.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Tciso wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:24 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:58 am Pearson is a solid defensive winger that consistently wins board battles, is great at puck retrieval, gets the puck out of his own zone methodically and will go to the greasy areas to score a goal or make a play. He scores at a 40 point clip with little PP time. He’s a very popular teammate who, while not a physical beast, will stick his nose in when needed. Yes, he’s slow, but he’s well worth his 3.25 million cap hit all day long.

+1

Pearson is like Higgins. Good value. The only knock against Higgins was his last contract was bad. Now, if Pearson is re-upped for $4x4, it'll be all bad too, but Blob is right. His current contract is just fine.
If I recall.....Higgins was on a $2.5M contract. The AAV was fine, but didn't he get a NTC or something?
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Mëds wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:11 am

+1

If I recall.....Higgins was on a $2.5M contract. The AAV was fine, but didn't he get a NTC or something?
8 team ntc. No biggie. But, his last contract was from age 30 to 34. He cratered after year 2 at age 32. Not unexpected, as most guys crater in their early 30's.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

My good buddy the Sicilian Salami Slicer Roberto Macchenzzi is all love now for rolly Polly Dan Tanner Pearson but Boi oh Boi did he ever hate the contract ole Jimmy B gave him in the beginning. You know what they call this folks?

Adjustments
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I never had a massive problem with Pearson’s contract. I didn’t love it but it wasn’t the worst on the team by any stretch.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:11 am

+1

Higgins had a pretty bad high ankle sprain that torpedoed his career
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:49 am I never had a massive problem with Pearson’s contract. I didn’t love it but it wasn’t the worst on the team by any stretch.
This is called Adjusting the Adjustment.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:56 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:49 am I never had a massive problem with Pearson’s contract. I didn’t love it but it wasn’t the worst on the team by any stretch.
What do you call you calling Cale Makar a coward and saying he isn’t worthy of being a first round pick?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:03 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:56 pm
What do you call you calling Cale Makar a coward and saying he isn’t worthy of being a first round pick?
Pre adjustment period