Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by theman »

The more I think about it, the more I think the Canucks should wait around to see the waiver wire at the end of pre-season. There will probably be a couple of RD that could be had for free. Hold on to Pearson for now unless it is a very good defensive RD that comes available on the trade front.

All of this is moot of course if Hamonic decides to play.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:34 am Lol hell no. That would be painful to watch again. I’ll take Luke Schenn at 1/3 of the price.
With his two recent Stanley Cup rings where he was a factor. Regardless how much ice time he gets, his experience should help.

No more Stechers for Gudbranson to answer the code. Seriously, I don't see how his game ever gets better.
"evolution"
Ringer#20
MVP
MVP

Post by Ringer#20 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:34 am Lol hell no. That would be painful to watch again. I’ll take Luke Schenn at 1/3 of the price.
This! No more Gurbranson please.
Stand up, you diver.
Ringer#20
MVP
MVP

Post by Ringer#20 »

theman wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:38 am The more I think about it, the more I think the Canucks should wait around to see the waiver wire at the end of pre-season. There will probably be a couple of RD that could be had for free. Hold on to Pearson for now unless it is a very good defensive RD that comes available on the trade front.

Crossing my fingers his family problems are not as serious for them and the Canucks.
Stand up, you diver.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Ringer#20 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:24 am
Well, in fairness, I suggested Gudbranson not Gurbranson.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Ringer#20 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:26 am
theman wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:38 am The more I think about it, the more I think the Canucks should wait around to see the waiver wire at the end of pre-season. There will probably be a couple of RD that could be had for free. Hold on to Pearson for now unless it is a very good defensive RD that comes available on the trade front.

Crossing my fingers his family problems are not as serious for them and the Canucks.
I was a bit surprised at his cap hit when he was re-signed. 3 mil per is about 500k too much for him. In some ways I am hoping he ops to retire and the Canucks can get a waiver wire steal from a team with a deep D core that has to expose someone that they would rather not who is costing around 2 mil per.
Ringer#20
MVP
MVP

Post by Ringer#20 »

theman wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:27 am
OK, but are you chirping me?
Stand up, you diver.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Ringer#20 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 am
It was a joke, relax.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ringer#20 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:50 am
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

It would be a gamble but I propose trading Petterson for our best shot at the number one pick next draft. I would also make another trade for Bock who is injury prone despite the fact of being good.

Shane Wright appears to be the real deal. A leader who plays with passion and skill. This is a franchise player. Is Petey or Brock? Wait till later time such as Trade Day. Should be clearer by then who will get the first. Hello Arizona? I like both the trade candidates but I do not think Petey becomes attached emotionally to this team. Great talent but a bit of a prima donna with a three year showcase of his talents. This shit matters. Brock would be our second bet on the finish of the season.

I think it feels counter-productive but "I am not feeling it." Hope I am wrong
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

damonberryman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:23 am It would be a gamble but I propose trading Petterson for our best shot at the number one pick next draft. I would also make another trade for Bock who is injury prone despite the fact of being good.

Shane Wright appears to be the real deal. A leader who plays with passion and skill. This is a franchise player. Is Petey or Brock? Wait till later time such as Trade Day. Should be clearer by then who will get the first. Hello Arizona? I like both the trade candidates but I do not think Petey becomes attached emotionally to this team. Great talent but a bit of a prima donna with a three year showcase of his talents. This shit matters. Brock would be our second bet on the finish of the season.

I doubt Arizona makes that deal. Looks like the team is preparing to move and having Wright in the fold will make them easier to sell.
About Brock: I like the player at lot, but he will become expensive when his contract is up: his qualifying offer will be over $8 million I believe. Not sure he's worth that.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Zedlee wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:47 am
damonberryman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:23 am It would be a gamble but I propose trading Petterson for our best shot at the number one pick next draft. I would also make another trade for Bock who is injury prone despite the fact of being good.

I doubt Arizona makes that deal. Looks like the team is preparing to move and having Wright in the fold will make them easier to sell.
About Brock: I like the player at lot, but he will become expensive when his contract is up: his qualifying offer will be over $8 million I believe. Not sure he's worth that.
$7.5M
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Why would you trade 2/3 of our top line for a guy who won’t be leading this team for 3-4 years? Why send us back to the Stone Age for that long for a chance at 1oa when you KNOW this team has lost the lottery draft 100% of the time??

After trading away that much skill, would you then be after JB and TG’s jobs as well?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Geeze. I am not doing it. I just wanted to float an idea into the fucking cloud. The players named are worth a lot right now. Are you willing to bet they will form the foundation of a Cup winner? For me, I see another thrilling West Coast Express moment ending in a flurry of injuries and excuses. I pray I am wrong and will celebrate a Cup win but I am done celebrating 'almost'.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

damonberryman wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:41 pm Geeze. I am not doing it. I just wanted to float an idea into the fucking cloud. The players named are worth a lot right now. Are you willing to bet they will form the foundation of a Cup winner? For me, I see another thrilling West Coast Express moment ending in a flurry of injuries and excuses. I pray I am wrong and will celebrate a Cup win but I am done celebrating 'almost'.
Fair enough. I am just saying that this team has sucked a hairy left nut for years and is just starting to (possibly) be respectful again. Getting rid of that much talent will sink us for a few more years for sure.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.