Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:35 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:33 pm After the way they handled MAF after all he's done in Vegas I actually hope Lehner falls apart and Fleury wins another Vezina.
:shock:

In Chicago!?!

No thanks.

Absolute blasphemy.

Fuck the Hawks.

Fuck Fleury.
LOL! I knew that was going to come up. :lol:

The way I see it Leves is that the Blahcocks can exit in the first round and MAF can still take home the regular season hardware.....and there's no foul.

And honestly now that Keith, Crawford, and a few other names, are gone I really don't have the same hate for the organization.

I still don't like Toews unless he's wearing a team Canada jersey.....but he missed all of last year and who knows if he's going to be the same player coming back this season. I always kinda liked Patrick Kane.....such a talent, and he wasn't the whiny, sullen, bitch, that Keith, Toews, and Crawford, were. So yeah, now Keith is an Oiler and there's one more reason to cheer for outright failure in Coilerville.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:38 pm Yeah I figured once MAF left, Vegas would slowly crumble...he was their MVP - stole a ton of games...not to mention they keep trading away all their picks and prospects.
SKYO, I just gotta say it's good to have you back here. The board was just lacking something (especially in the off-season) without your trade proposals running amok. :P
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:42 pm
SKYO wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:38 pm Yeah I figured once MAF left, Vegas would slowly crumble...he was their MVP - stole a ton of games...not to mention they keep trading away all their picks and prospects.
SKYO, I just gotta say it's good to have you back here. The board was just lacking something (especially in the off-season) without your trade proposals running amok. :P

:lol: yeah I missed all the trade action by JB, still can't believe he managed to trade out Loui....thought for sure the team was gonna buy him out.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:48 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:42 pm

:lol: yeah I missed all the trade action by JB, still can't believe he managed to trade out Loui....thought for sure the team was gonna buy him out.
Well it cost him some decent picks, and he still needed Arizona to hit a wall and go in a different direction in terms of rebuild.....I thought nobody would take Loui.

The worst part is Doc sitting around with that "I was right.....everyone is tradeable." look on his face. :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

theman wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:47 am
Vegas would be my pick in the Pacific to disappoint. Vancouver would actually be my pick to surprise.

As it stands right now, I would expect the Pacific Division to finish as follows:

1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Vegas

4. Calgary (probably makes playoffs as wildcard)

In no particular order: Seattle, SJ, Anaheim, LA

I also expect the standings in the Pacific to be fairly close with injuries/COVID dictating a lot of the positioning.
I think when Seattle, inevitably, adds to their flock they've assembled so far, they just may push the Flames out for a potential WC. Wish I could disagree with your 1st, but..... As always, they'll disappear in the post season.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:17 pm
I love your optimism here - but in reality, Vegas is still the team to beat in the Pacific Division - they might have taken a bit of step back but still have way more depth than either Van, or Edm and a WAY better defense than both.

1. Vegas
2. Edm
3. Van
Vancouver likely has the edge on forward depth over Vegas and Edmonton - Vegas' #6 forward is Dadonov, Canucks' is Hoglander, Vegas' #9 FW is William Carrier, Canucks' is either Dickinson or Podkolzin.

Vegas may have an edge in top-4D, but I think the Canucks 1 thru 8 is much improved and better than the Knights.

Canucks have a slight edge at goalie over Vegas, and a huge edge over Edmonton.

Coilers have an edge in 1-2 forwards, but Canucks have a fairly sizeable edge in forwards #3-9.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Vegas would be my pick in the Pacific to disappoint. Vancouver would actually be my pick to surprise.

As it stands right now, I would expect the Pacific Division to finish as follows:

1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Vegas

I also expect the standings in the Pacific to be fairly close with injuries/COVID dictating a lot of the positioning.
Vegas are due for a drop-off but I'd still swap Vegas and Edmonton. I'd take the Canucks top 6, even the top 9, and goaltending over any team in the division, the question marks on defense and team defense will hold them back but if they fix those, they're a very good team.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

ESQ wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:20 pm
I love your optimism here - but in reality, Vegas is still the team to beat in the Pacific Division - they might have taken a bit of step back but still have way more depth than either Van, or Edm and a WAY better defense than both.

1. Vegas
2. Edm
3. Van
Vancouver likely has the edge on forward depth over Vegas and Edmonton - Vegas' #6 forward is Dadonov, Canucks' is Hoglander, Vegas' #9 FW is William Carrier, Canucks' is either Dickinson or Podkolzin.

Vegas may have an edge in top-4D, but I think the Canucks 1 thru 8 is much improved and better than the Knights.

Coilers have an edge in 1-2 forwards, but Canucks have a fairly sizeable edge in forwards #3-9.
If smith plays like he did last year I don’t think we have huge edge over Edmonton’s goaltending. Really I think Edmonton’s season will depend entirely on smith. Kevin woodley talked a fair bit about how smith has completely changed his style in net and it’s paying dividends and could give him some more top tier goaltending.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

ESQ wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:20 pm

1. Vegas
2. Edm
3. Van

Nitpicking, but I would argue that Dadonov is their 9th best forward - which is not bad. Having a former 60-70 point player on the third line? That would be more points that our entire third, and fourth line last year. I know he isn't that player any more, but he'll do more than just chip in. Our depth charts aren't really close in my view. That defense as well, as mentioned, makes ours look like a sea of Stetchers.

Edm's goaltending is a bit of a wildcard, but I'm leaning more towards Smith having a decent season. If he stay healthy.

Lets see when the games start, but I'm sure we will be fighting for a playoff sport in April, and Vegas will be on cruise control by then.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Micky wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:26 pm

1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Vegas

I think when Seattle, inevitably, adds to their flock they've assembled so far, they just may push the Flames out for a potential WC. Wish I could disagree with your 1st, but..... As always, they'll disappear in the post season.
I'll wait until I see the opening night rosters of each team. As it stands now, I agree with top 4 as posted by theman. I want to see what else Treliving does. I expect a major move, once Eichel is off the table - I think that's the holdup with a lot of the other potential trades happening.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:54 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:40 pm Miller at age 30 signing a 7 year deal could be risky and I like this player.
30 year old forwards aren't getting 7 year contracts anymore, try 3-4.
:eh:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:52 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:40 pm Miller at age 30 signing a 7 year deal could be risky and I like this player.
Couturier is 28, some prime years were bought up.

Mr Common Sense out for revenge is :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:56 pm
Couturier is 28, some prime years were bought up.

Mr Common Sense out for revenge is :lol:
I was just finding the original quote. No revenge is part of anything. You paranoid? :| A lot of these guys sign the new deals a year out from UFA, so he will be 29 when it kicks in, I think, similar to JT Miller being 29 if he signed a deal a year out from UFA.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:05 pm I was just finding the original quote. No revenge is part of anything. You paranoid? :|
Actually I'm starting to think you enjoyed that public spanking you received yesterday. :|
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

If Jimmy is Jet Black, Vinnie is Stone Cold :lol: