Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:50 am
Mëds wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 1:16 pm
Where are these rumors coming from? I've heard nothing to this effect.
Sekeres and Price can usually be found at the heart of these. Elliott Friedman Mr Make Things Up On The Fly can be a kickstarter as well. I’d only listen to Frank Saravalli, the dude is dialled in.
Sekeres and Price tweeted out that there is a disconnect between management and Bruce 7 minutes before the team tweeted Bruce was back.

They are a clown show who simply stir the pot.

I don’t know how to link tweets, so I didn’t.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:47 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:31 pm You may want to rethink Millers trade worth vs the Pacioretty and Stone trades, they are closer comparables than you think.
Yeah Miller has thrived here, the more I think about it, return/vs keeping him, I think they're more pro's vs cons to re-signing him vs moving him for prospects/picks that won't make a lick of difference until 2025-2026.

JR who has won Cups and knows it takes to win wants to keep him, JT has now said he wants to stay, it's now just negotiating with his agent to re-sign a long term contract.

I'd love to keep JT, Petey, Bo up front long term, and surround em with depth...the poor mans version of Crosby/Malkin (Kessel -> Guentzel) or Stamkos, Kuch, Point.

The Big 3.
Nick Suzuki made the Habs a year (and played well) after the Patches trade. Your little theory of having to wait three or four years for a good prospect to make an impact doesn’t fly.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sat May 14, 2022 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Pending UFA Nikita Zadorov will be cashing in this summer. Dude can skate and is a mean mutherfucker who I would love to see signed as a canuck

Let's Treyliving the fuck outta Treyliving
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle. For every Suzuki there is a Brannstrom, the main piece of Mark Stone return.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:31 am Pending UFA Nikita Zadorov will be cashing in this summer. Dude can skate and is a mean mutherfucker who I would love to see signed as a canuck

Let's Treyliving the fuck outta Treyliving
The Flames will be in a cap pickle. Gonna lose some core pieces. I’d like Zadorov. He scared the bejesus out of Benn like Tryamkin does
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:28 am
SKYO wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:47 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:31 pm You may want to rethink Millers trade worth vs the Pacioretty and Stone trades, they are closer comparables than you think.
Yeah Miller has thrived here, the more I think about it, return/vs keeping him, I think they're more pro's vs cons to re-signing him vs moving him for prospects/picks that won't make a lick of difference until 2025-2026.

JR who has won Cups and knows it takes to win wants to keep him, JT has now said he wants to stay, it's now just negotiating with his agent to re-sign a long term contract.

I'd love to keep JT, Petey, Bo up front long term, and surround em with depth...the poor mans version of Crosby/Malkin (Kessel -> Guentzel) or Stamkos, Kuch, Point.

The Big 3.
Nick Suzuki made the Habs a year (and played well) after the Patches trade. Your little theory of having to wait three or four years for a good prospect to make an impact doesn’t fly.
Habs suck though, hell they picking 1st overall this year they are so bad lol.

Suzuki has had two 41 point season's as a Hab post trade, then finally vaulted himself to a big 61 pointer this season in his 3rd season. So my little theory of having to wait three or four years is true.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Like hell it is. Nick Suzuki would have been an immediate top 9 player on this team and many others.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:13 am Like hell it is. Nick Suzuki would have been an immediate top 9 player on this team and many others.
And who is to say we'd get a dumbass Vegas GM to move a Suzuki? but instead, as RD said, get a Brannstrom via the more talented Stone move.

Ultimately are you willing to wait a few years for a young prospect to develop 3 years? Miller right now is thriving with 99pts, vs the BEST cast scenario of a prospect like Suzuki - two years of 41 point seasons and then a 61 point season, not even close to almost a 100 points JT is getting right now.

There is now guarantee any prospect will be a Suzuki, but currently we got a guarantee JT will produce numbers here and only helps Petey do his thang in producing points, and he can't win a faceoff to save his life.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If you think JT is going to rip off a few hundred point seasons into his 30’s I’ve got some land for you to look at.

All over the league there’s kids playing well that hit the league 1-2 years after being drafted.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:58 am If you think JT is going to rip off a few hundred point seasons into his 30’s I’ve got some land for you to look at.

All over the league there’s kids playing well that hit the league 1-2 years after being drafted.
I'd say 1 kiddo per team can do that at best, otherwise you'd have to play the waiting game and HOPE they can achieve what J.T. MILLER provides.

JT makes Petey better, that's what is important to me. Even if JT only gets 60-70pt range the rest of his career, along with providing El Capitan material, faceoff expertise, PK/PP that is all worth it to keep him, he wants to win here and he only makes the Canucks better right now, imagine taking his 99 points away this season? we'd be so much worse.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

SKYO wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:04 am .....he wants to win here.....
Is this hyperbole with intent to emphasize your point SKYO?

I'm actually not, in any way, intending to deny you saw this somewhere but are you able to denote definitively that he actually said this where semantics are non-demonstrable?
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

There’s a lot more than one per team of kids making an impact on their ELC. We have two here for fuck sakes.

This notion that all draft picks and prospects take 4 years to develop is asinine, similar to the old party line that power forwards take longer to develop.

Open your eyes SKYO.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sat May 14, 2022 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:22 am .....similar to the old party line that power forwards take longer to develop.
...and D (Makar, Hughes, Fox for instance).

Seems a different NHL world than when I last paid any attention.

In many instances youth appears to have major impact beyond historical instances.
DeLevering since 1999.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

donlever wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:13 am
SKYO wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:04 am .....he wants to win here.....
Is this hyperbole with intent to emphasize your point SKYO?

I'm actually not, in any way, intending to deny you saw this somewhere but are you able to denote definitively that he actually said this where semantics are non-demonstrable?
How thou jk, JT want's to re-sign....
JT Miller Wants to Sign With Canucks, Team Won’t Be Emotional.

JT Miller would like to sign with the Vancouver Canucks but the Canucks won’t get emotional during negotiations. The numbers have to work.

What Are the Canucks Thinking About Miller?

Jim Rutherford recently talked about the thoughts that go into signing a player like Miller and said the Canucks will have to weigh how much someone like Miller can offer in the first three years of the deal versus the last three. He said, “You know at some point there’s going to be a decline in the player’s play, but does he give you that much more in the first three years that offsets the last three?”

He said the Canucks would negotiate in good faith, but in a way that works for the Canucks. “If both sides can come to an agreement, then Miller will be here long-term.

If the numbers get out of whack, then we have to make a non-emotional decision and make a tough decision that won’t be popular with anybody.”

If they can’t come to terms, Miller will be traded and the Canucks will try to acquire as many assets that will help the team long-term as possible.

https://nhltradetalk.com/jt-miller-want ... emotional/
JR sounding like a GM here rather than Allvin ha, just like in Pittsburgh, well it worked out well for them.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hmmmm...ok....non-demonstrable semantics boil over.

Not sold....

But, I like Miller on the team for sure.

Be interesting to see where this goes....
DeLevering since 1999.