Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:05 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:03 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:56 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:49 am I never had a massive problem with Pearson’s contract. I didn’t love it but it wasn’t the worst on the team by any stretch.
This is called Adjusting the Adjustment.
What do you call you calling Cale Makar a coward and saying he isn’t worthy of being a first round pick?
Pre adjustment period
Translated…… you have no idea when it comes to assessing hockey players.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Jukka Jalonen.

I mean, Boudreau is great, but he's not geting any younger we need to think of the future.

Jalonen had coached Finland back in 2008- 2011, resulting in an Olympic bronze and a world championship gold.
He now returned as head coach for Finland in 2018, and look at his cupboard:
2019 world championship gold
2020 season cancelled because of the pandemic
2021 world championship silver, losing against Canada in the final
2022 Olympic gold and world championship gold

I mean, the Finns are not bad and they are passionate about their hockey, but traditionally they would rank behind Canada, Russia, Sweden and Czechoslovakia and maybe be on par with the USA. In recent yeears the Czechs have become worse though and the Yanks better, but you catch my drift. To win three out of four championships and finish second in the only one they didn't win is a great feat for any nation, and to do that with the Finnish team is an even more impressive feat.

So I'm just saying that someone ought to look into if Jukka Jalonen would be interested in a coaching job on the Canadian west coast... :look:
At 59 he's eight years younger than Bruce. Maybe assistant coach the first year and then taking over at the helm?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Devils offer the 2022 2nd overall pick (Slafkovsky), a choice of either Mercer or Holtz and a choice of either Severson, Graves or Ty Smith for Quinn Hughes do you do it?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:34 am Devils offer the 2022 2nd overall pick (Slafkovsky), a choice of either Mercer or Holtz and a choice of either Severson, Graves or Ty Smith for Quinn Hughes do you do it?
If it was Graves and Smith maybe
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Curious if the Devils entertain the idea of reuniting all 3 Hughes Bros calling them the Devils Has Bros

It would take a lot to pry Quinn from us. You need special D-men like Quinn in the game now

Columbus has 2 picks in front of us, Doyle might be on to something
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:34 am Devils offer the 2022 2nd overall pick (Slafkovsky), a choice of either Mercer or Holtz and a choice of either Severson, Graves or Ty Smith for Quinn Hughes do you do it?
That's a Sabres-esque trade proposal,Dude, do you want to be rebuilding forever?

I'd think twice if it was Hirschier plus 2oa for Q. Hughes. I don't think either Hirschier or Slafkovsky are a lock to being PPG in the playoffs, which Hughes is.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ESQ wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:10 am
That's a Sabres-esque trade proposal,Dude, do you want to be rebuilding forever?

I'd think twice if it was Hirschier plus 2oa for Q. Hughes. I don't think either Hirschier or Slafkovsky are a lock to being PPG in the playoffs, which Hughes is.
I’d never trade Quinn unless it was absolute highway robbery. Just being SKYO-like
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ...

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Quinn Hughes is trending to be a top 5 D man in the game. He tilts the ice. Outside of Makar there’s nobody I like better. Lots of guys close but he’s a legitimate game changer.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

You only consider trading Quinn Hughes when he hits 30 and is looking for his final, huge payday AND if the team is back to being a tweener and tight to the cap.

I see him getting better and better as one of the top 3 Dmen in the entire league for the next 5 years (at least).

First time in history we have a #1 game changer on D. I seriously would not trade Quinn for Jack, straight up.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:39 am Quinn Hughes is trending to be a top 5 D man in the game. He tilts the ice. Outside of Makar there’s nobody I like better. Lots of guys close but he’s a legitimate game changer.
I honestly have not even watched Cale Makar play until these playoffs so this is not a newsflash for the rest of y'all hockey experts....but...

He is sick good.

He's got it all, well above average in every facet of the game and fuck is he good on his skates.

The backward mobility/agility and lateral movement he has shown when taking on a streaking baby Jesus in this series is ridiculous.

Dudes a stud.

Crazy good player....
DeLevering since 1999.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I wanted Makar in the 2017 draft. Glad Pettersson fell into our laps, but I've always maintained that I would take Makar 10 out of 10 times. I would take him 1st overall.

The kid IS the GameChanger.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...so what was scuttlebutt in town?

Benning always taking EP regardless or if the Avs don't take Makar he's playing here?
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:48 am You only consider trading Quinn Hughes when he hits 30 and is looking for his final, huge payday AND if the team is back to being a tweener and tight to the cap.

I see him getting better and better as one of the top 3 Dmen in the entire league for the next 5 years (at least).

First time in history we have a #1 game changer on D. I seriously would not trade Quinn for Jack, straight up.
I mean maybe he wants a deal to NJ in year 5 of his deal? Then you’re forced to move him. But if the suits can push the right buttons and continue and improve the rebuild, maybe bc e the team has some sustained success that makes Vancouver a destination again.

I was pushing hard for Noah Dobson in 2018. For one thing I thought Hughes would be gone but I also preferred Dobson’s two way game and size. It’s not an adjustment-I c was wrong, but not maybe so wrong. Dobson is well on his way to becoming an AS #1 D man. Kid got 50 points this season.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:03 pm I mean maybe he wants a deal to NJ in year 5 of his deal? Then you’re forced to move him. But if the suits can push the right buttons and continue and improve the rebuild, maybe bc e the team has some sustained success that makes Vancouver a destination again.

I was pushing hard for Noah Dobson in 2018. For one thing I thought Hughes would be gone but I also preferred Dobson’s two way game and size. It’s not an adjustment-I c was wrong, but not maybe so wrong. Dobson is well on his way to becoming an AS #1 D man. Kid got 50 points this season.
I hope we have some sustained success too. Make this town a destination again and make our best players want to be lifers in this organization. This town sure is exciting when the local team is good.

Yeah, I was ok to trade down to get Dobson too, never thought we'd get a sniff at Hughes at 7. We desperately needed a top RHD prospect (we still need one in the system now) and I preferred Dobson over Bouchard. TBH, Dobson is progressing even better than I expected. He's definitely a good one.

Still, I'm happy we have QH. You don't trade Quinn Hughes, you just don't! LOL.