Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:17 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:20 pm So disappointed when in the US, burgers and chips means a bag of chips with your burger.
I think i must have been pretty shocked by that the first time I hopped the border...
I remember flying in to LA a few decades ago.

Cab driver said "Where ya from?"

I said BC.

He said "Where's that?"

I said you know 'British Columbia'.

He said "Yeah, that's in England right?"

Then at the restaurant I asked for a serviette.

She said "What's that??"

I said, you know, to wipe with.

She looked at me like I was from Mars (and I may as well have been).

I had to act it out like Charades.

She says "Oh you mean a napkin!"

Twas weird because I used to hang at Birch Bay a lot and never saw anything like dat dere.

But with BB being pretty much half-Canadian every summer I guess they learned a few things.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:13 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:17 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:20 pm So disappointed when in the US, burgers and chips means a bag of chips with your burger.
I think i must have been pretty shocked by that the first time I hopped the border...
I remember flying in to LA a few decades ago.

Cab driver said "Where ya from?"

I said BC.

He said "Where's that?"

I said you know 'British Columbia'.

He said "Yeah, that's in England right?"

Then at the restaurant I asked for a serviette.

She said "What's that??"

I said, you know, to wipe with.

She looked at me like I was from Mars (and I may as well have been).

Twas weird because I used to hang at Birch Bay a lot and never saw anything like dat dere.

But with BB being pretty much half-Canadian every summer I guess they learned a few things.
lol the transitional period we should call it. They were always more familiar with our customs in the border towns. Still, seeing grits on the diner menus in Blaine always made me smile.

Lovely spot Birch Bay.
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol at Doc asking for a serviette... that’s like Pacific Blue asking for a Lady of the Evening
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The McDonalds 'french fries' when they arrived on the scene were quite different than our local chips as well. They were long skinny string bean-looking things, while local chips were much thicker cut. They were the sort of thing that still come with a real fish and chip dinner. People really did like the new fangled french fry things though. The rest is history I guess...
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:59 am Horribly short term thinking if any one believes covid affected players can't be traded.

I think flat cap for the coming couple of years is the biggest reason this deadline will be a flop.

As we say at the start of the season, mid level veteran talent is cheap these days.
Players moved at this time of year are generally short term rentals.....I'll lay odds that fear wins the day and GM's don't touch a Covid player right now.

Hell, fear is winning the day everywhere else.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:02 pm
Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:32 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:41 pm
Mëds wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:12 pm Thankfully all our stretchers are now power lift and power load.

Doc sounds like a candidate for the manta mat though.
"Eat shit fuck face!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
That kind of behaviour is gonna earn you a dose of midazolam sir. :P
Ooof, that was a lot funnier in my head last night!

Allow me to explain, I took the opportunity presented to mock a gomer, to wit:
Micky wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:49 am Just about had it with you, fuck face!
Micky wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:10 am Eat shit!!!
Hence:

"Eat shit fuck face!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know, I know, "never laugh at your own jokes" but Damn!
No no. It's funny now. I have Micky on ignore so I don't see anything he writes unless I'm not logged in or it's quoted by someone.

Well played sir. :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

:crazy:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:38 pm

:crazy:
Honestly, that was the look on my face for a second when she said that! :lol:

I may have even glanced at her crotch area...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:04 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:06 pm Tryamkin is a destroyer of men
Hes like the Necromonger Lord Marshall sending souls to the underverse. That must terrify Doyle
yessir - Facts Only.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Oilers rumours, they are contemplating bringing back Taylor Hall with a sign and trade, around $6M per, keeping him and RNH.

While Buffalo would want a 1st, and take back a cap dump like Neal or Kassian.
While it seems unrealistic that the Oilers can make the money work, MacLean said his “reasonable source” indicated the Oilers were looking at a deal that has Hall and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins both under contract with the Oilers for next season, and at no more than $12 million combined. In other words, if these discussions are happening, it’s a trade and sign scenario where Hall takes around $5.5 – $6 million.
As Staples points out, money would have to go back to Buffalo, which means moving a forward likeZack Kassian or James Neal, possibly a goalie like Mikko Koskinen. The Oilers’ first-round pick would also have to be included in the deal.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:25 am Oilers rumours, they are contemplating bringing back Taylor Hall with a sign and trade, around $6M per, keeping him and RNH.

While Buffalo would want a 1st, and take back a cap dump like Neal or Kassian.
While it seems unrealistic that the Oilers can make the money work, MacLean said his “reasonable source” indicated the Oilers were looking at a deal that has Hall and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins both under contract with the Oilers for next season, and at no more than $12 million combined. In other words, if these discussions are happening, it’s a trade and sign scenario where Hall takes around $5.5 – $6 million.
As Staples points out, money would have to go back to Buffalo, which means moving a forward likeZack Kassian or James Neal, possibly a goalie like Mikko Koskinen. The Oilers’ first-round pick would also have to be included in the deal.
LMAO!

Hall back to where he started. Kassian back to where he started.

For this to work RNH also has to be OK with no raise in pay, and Hall has to accept a hefty cut. The latter makes sense, the former I'm not sure.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:42 pm LMAO!

Hall back to where he started. Kassian back to where he started.
Yup, back to the cities where they became snowmen.

Wonder if their old associates would give them a call.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Any teams out there that can't protect a gritty 3rd line centre in the expansion draft?

Let's make a deal!
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tarasenko or Gus Nyquist?

Both could be moving on, both could be available thanks to their injuries lol, but had they both been playing 82 full season games, they'd both be untouchable, it's a calculated risk trading for one of them, as they both have talent, Tarasenko obviously much more so.

Anyways the Canucks were keen on signing Gus Nyquist in 2019, but he got paid in CBJ, I like his term as it only has 2 years left on it before he becomes a UFA - two years is enough time for Podkolzin to hone and develop his craft without having insane pressure put on him with Miller, Boeser, Nyquist, Hoglander all taking the lions share of tough minutes.

Jets were good at this developing Laine & Ehlers in sheltered roles.

Tatar is a UFA, but he'll be looking for a 4 or 5 year deal, that's too long imo.

Nyquist at 2 yrs is a quality stop gap for a top 6 scoring winger while the young fellas (hogz/podz/lind/gadjovich) develop. As for the cap concern, they'd have to take back Roussel + prospect + whatever to make it work, and hope Ferland retires or goes on permanent LTIR.

Improving the top 9 slowly but surely!

Miller-Petey-Boeser
Hogs-Horvat-Nyquist
Pearson-(UFA?)-Podkolzin
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

With Rathbone looking NHL caliber already, including Juolevi.

We now have Quinn Hughes, Nate Schmidt, Jack Rathbone, Olli Juolevi all capable LD next year, with Alex Edler seemingly want to play his last few years as a pure blood Canuck through and through, re-signing to a team friendly cheap deal(s).

Every Cup team makes scary moves from time to time to improve a weakness, ours currently is a top pairing righty dman.

Hughes - _____ (MIA)
Edler - Myers
Rathbone/Juolevi - Hamonic
(Hamonic suits being a veteran 3rd pairing dman to play with a youthful LD in a depth role, not a top pairing role).

I'd suggest a blockbuster trade style for Seth Jones if he tells the CBJ he won't re-sign.

Would any of you move a Nate Schmidt, (one of Hoglander/Podkolzin) + OJ + a 2021 1st for Seth Jones + ______? knowing we can re-sign him for 8 years?

Hughes - Jones
Edler - Myers
Rathbone - Hamonic

DAMN SON.

Colorado dealt Adam Deadmarsh, Miller and a 1st for Rob Blake + = a Cup, got him because LA didn't want pay Blake big cash at the time.

Boston dealt Joe Thornton for spare parts/cap space to sign Chara = Cup.

These are big balls moves to get that key top dman that you need to win a Cup, those teams didn't play the passive game, they went out and got what they needed to win. And NO Seth Jones is not the caliber of player to hit UFA in 2022, he will either re-sign or CBJ Jarmo Kekäläinen will smartly move him for a haul instead of losing him for nothing like they did with Panarin and Bobrovsky, they have already started moving vets for picks for their rebuild at the TDD.
'Blake turned down a five-year, $40-million US offer made last summer and another, improved offer that was made last week.' ...
unwilling to let him walk away as an unrestricted free agent, the Kings traded their Norris Trophy-winning defenseman and rookie center Steven Reinprecht to the league-leading Colorado Avalanche late Wednesday for right wing Adam Deadmarsh, defenseman Aaron Miller, a first-round draft pick in the June entry draft, a player from a group of prospects and unspecified future considerations.

I can fully see this happening with Jones, as everyone wants out of Columbus Ohio!!!

JB has got to be planting seeds with Jarmo & putting a full out assault of trade arsenal ready as soon as trading season starts towards the draft with Columbus, because IF they move Jones, I'm assuming Kekäläinen will want him gone far West.