Canadian Division

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Canadian Division

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I hate every Canadian team other than Vancouver. I dislike the Senators.

Hate O Meter
Calgary
Edmonton
Toronto
Habs
Jets

Sens

This could be a pretty decent division with some new/old rivalries coming out of it if it come to pass. Pretty evenly matched teams for the most part, other than the Senators.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canadian Division

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ill go:

Laughs

Lames

Dhabums

Coilers

Sens (Chris fucking Tierney)

Jets
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ole Chef here is looking forward to it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Edmonton--made a mockery of the draft.

Toronto--same reason + a superiority complex. (like why?)

Calgary--so many hard fought contests, (games and fights), where they bested us. (save Pavel's goal).

Winnipeg--to many mosquitos, (and they were our farm team).

Ottawa--they've often been a high risk to fold franchise. (what if Erik Karlsson had not spent time there?).

Montreal--I don't care except when I was wee, I chose them over TO so there's that.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The Laughs should still be atop everyones hate list seeing as they were directly responsible for Van not joining the NHL during the first expansion.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:11 am The Laughs should still be atop everyones hate list seeing as they were directly responsible for Van not joining the NHL during the first expansion.
Meh.... who cares if Vancouver joined in 1967 or 1970. It’s 2020 now. I wasn’t born in67 and was an infant when they started playing. I hate the Alberta teams more and Winnipeg is creeping up there. I absolutely hate the leaves but they aren’t a geographical or historical rival.

If Winnipeg can find another decent D man they could be a problem. They have five legit first line forwards. That’s a shitload of firepower. And they have a great goalie.

I can see arguments for any of six teams winning the division. To me those teams could end up in any order and it wouldn’t be that surprising. The Sens are a year or two away, like the LA Kings.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Toronto - just.... everything...
Montreal - I HATED going to games back in the day when there were a LOT more MTL fans than Canuck Fans
Edmonton - what a waste of a franchise - so inept.
Calgary - yeah, we had some tough battle with them, just too bad they have their Cup to hold over us.
Winnipeg / Ottawa - who cares.

It will be interesting to see what rivalries get rebooted during the season.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mannnn...whoever comes out on top of the Canadian division will be ready for WAR! lol

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Hogtown

Montreal - can't understand a word they're saying, and they used to smack us around like fleas

Calgary - great rodeo and all but these people have this attitude that really grinds my gears and they hate us with a passion

Edmonton - too much winning in the early days, too much whining lately when they're not winning

Winnipeg - used to kinda like them but their internet fans fixed that for me in the 2019 playoffs

Ottawa - kind of annoys me that they stubbornly refuse to move or fold
el rey del mambo
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

A view from a south of the border hono_rary Canadian.

From least to most hated.

Winnipeg. They’ve built a fun team to watch and have no more love from the hockey gods than the Canucks.

Ottawa. They were a lot like the Canucks in the 2000s with Hossa and Alfie and Spezza. Good talent but never quite enough. They were my second favorite team to watch during that era. Sure, the franchise is going through a bad spell, but they will come out better for it. They have no more love from the hockey gods than the Canucks.

Edmonton. That they fall so flat with so many opportunities tickles me. Can you like a team more because you are addicted to the schadenfreude of watching them get nowhere with so much talent? Yes!

Toronto. I know they are the evil empire, but they’ve built an entertaining hockey club. If they were in, I don’t know, Regina and began their existence with the 2011 draft, I wouldn’t have that cringe feeling about them. One excellent thing about this club is that all teams get a good example of how not to manage a cap. So for their educative value, they are here and not in the bottom two.

Montreal. Stuck in mediocrity and without an exciting player to watch. Just when you think the team lacks direction, they take the wrong one (Anderson for that much?). As for their glorious history, I respect it, though it was almost too good, too many riches. That makes for class envy, you know? But they haven’t been first in class or even classy for a long time.

Calgary. They perfected the good enough to compete for the playoffs and never good enough to compete for the Cup model. The best part of the Canucks passing on Tcachuk is that he’s a jack ass and he plays on a team of ass hats. Love to hate em. They are just good enough where the hatred matters. When the Canucks are up, the Flames could still make a game of it. When the Canucks are down, the Flames find ways to be mediocre. (Props to Iggy, though. That I could appreciate him through his Satan red jersey shows what a outstanding cat he was. Johnny Hockey nothing. Iginla embodied the sport).
Hono_rary Canadian
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hell

Ottawa, Winnipeg, Montreal

Calgary, Toronto
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Toronto - Duh, it's Toronto?? The sooner that cancerous boil suffers a cataclysmic event that takes their shitty team and their cock-sucking media empire with it, the happier I will be.

Edmonton - Because their fans are insufferable when they win; and their tears when they lose give me a chub, while their excuses make me chuckle.

Calgary - Assholes, assholes and more assholes. They need a wave of COVID to rip through that dressing room if a HIV-positive ho from Cowboys can't be dragged in there.

Montreal - Quebec does not deserve to have nice any more things.

Winnipeg - Hard to hate them, really. It's Winnipeg; that's punishment enough. They have some assholes though.

Ottawa - Can't hate them. Just pity them.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Lancer wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:31 am Toronto - Duh, it's Toronto?? The sooner that cancerous boil suffers a cataclysmic event that takes their shitty team and their cock-sucking media empire with it, the happier I will be.
Agreed.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

1. Indifferent to the Leaves team, but hate the media coverage and the centre of the universe hype.That’s what make’s them the team I most enjoy watching fail.
2. Rivalry with Lames has made them an earned enemy based on their play.
3. Coilers have been failing for so long that I’ve grown to detest them less. Thirty years ago they would have topped this list, but times have changed.
4. Winterpeg is the least hated of the western teams. When the Coilers were dominating in the 80s the Nyets were beaten down nearly as badly as the Canucks, so I’ve always pitied them some. Also losing their team to Arizona was harsh, and having the Moose as a farm team gave the city a connection.
5. I’ve always cheered for the Habnots against Boston. So, I wouldn’t mind them winning a cup as long as it’s not against the Canucks. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
6. Ottawa is just sad because of their ownership and deserves nothing but pity.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Toronto

Calgary

Edmonton

Montreal

Winnipeg

Ottawa

Virtually anyone who plays the Canucks... the more they play them the more I hate them.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….