Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

So Scott Rintoul's radio show now focuses on Calgary as well as Vancouver. Who's going to want to listen to that?

What a bizarre idea.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:16 pm So Scott Rintoul's radio show now focuses on Calgary as well as Vancouver. Who's going to want to listen to that?

What a bizarre idea.
RimTool is a tool
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:16 pm So Scott Rintoul's radio show now focuses on Calgary as well as Vancouver. Who's going to want to listen to that?

What a bizarre idea.
Its on 960 the fan in Calgary as well. I like it because i hear more canucks crap while driving around on the quilt
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:34 pm

What a bizarre idea.
Its on 960 the fan in Calgary as well. I like it because i hear more canucks crap while driving around on the quilt
They should keep it there. Rintoul is a fucking knob. He can move in with the Blackmores and be the special Ginger miracle.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

What a bizarre idea.
Wow, Rogers must really be hurting.
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

ESQ wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:50 pm

What a bizarre idea.
Wow, Rogers must really be hurting.
Rogers is Shite. I follow the Canucks on Sportsnet 650 during the season, don't have cable, but I used the CBC Sports app to watch the playoffs. My god the HNIC panel is virtually unwatchable, the only decent one was Bieksa. Maclean, just want to punch him, Friedman tries but is a bit of a goof. Hrudley is better than Maclean but that ain't saying much and that guy who used to play for Carolina? He was just awful, the way he tries to spin everything especially about his friend Reeves.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Or is Francis an even bigger tool, they thought a lesser tool like RimTool was a good idea?

Was Roger Millions not available?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

How is SN 650 not kicking TSN 1040s ass in this market with the Canucks radio broadcast rights anyway. I thought 1040s days were numbered when this happened. It's almost as lame as the Canadian government losing money selling weed.
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

A note on the Canucks cap structure and "window".....particularly in regards to the OEL rumors.

Benning has 3 more seasons before he has to re-sign Horvat. Bo has proven big time this year, and particularly in the playoffs (where he finished 5th in goal scoring despite playing 8-10 fewer games), that he is very much this team's engine. So Petey and Hughes aside, that has to be a big factor is any moves that will involve bringing in heavy, and likely unmovable, cap.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:34 pm A note on the Canucks cap structure and "window".....particularly in regards to the OEL rumors.

Benning has 3 more seasons before he has to re-sign Horvat. Bo has proven big time this year, and particularly in the playoffs (where he finished 5th in goal scoring despite playing 8-10 fewer games), that he is very much this team's engine. So Petey and Hughes aside, that has to be a big factor is any moves that will involve bringing in heavy, and likely unmovable, cap.
I wanna see more HENRIK Sedin and less scoring winger in Bo’s centre game
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Mëds wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:34 pm A note on the Canucks cap structure and "window".....particularly in regards to the OEL rumors.

I remember an article on Horvats dad (probably on of the days trips) and while I don’t remember the quote exactly, the message was ‘yeah Bo was injured for a bit (it was around Christmas a few years ago), and everyone saw the slide in the standings. This team goes where my son takes it’

Bo gets shit done.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Quick, call Jimmy, I'm sure he hasn't thought of that! :wow:

Lol, there will be plenty of room, try to relax. :D

Oh and no such thing as unmovable cap medicine man...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:40 pm

I can’t stand Horvat
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:40 pm

I wanna see more HENRIK Sedin and less scoring winger in Bo’s centre game
Great post. Will read again.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:44 pm

Quick, call Jimmy, I'm sure he hasn't thought of that! :wow:

Lol, there will be plenty of room, try to relax. :D

Oh and no such thing as unmovable cap medicine man...
HAHAHAHA. Oh Doc. You're a card.

Maybe you aren't watching to see how easy of a time Arizona is having right now trying to move OEL.

A top pairing guy of OEL's skill, at under $9M, should be easy to move.....except when he has a NMC and won't waive it for more than 2 teams.

Hey, wasn't it you who said just the other day that the CBA changed and now NMC's must be honored by acquiring teams?

An $8.25M defenseman gets much harder to move when they are 33-34 and have now become a 3-4 guy.....especially when they have the NMC.

Remember how much fun it was for Gillis to move Luongo with his NMC? And at the time he was on a pretty favorable contract for a top-10 goaltender, even one that was showing some signs of slowing down.