Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Madcombinepilot »

So, I was pondering.. on the bright side, you think the JB haters/ wannabe tankers will be giving JB some credit now for his COVID stealth tank?

Playing out the rest of the year with 6-10 guys who don’t belong in the NHL and having an even more compressed schedule will guarantee a slip farther down the standings, increasing our lottery odds..

Was it genius for JB to tell the team to finish the practice and take the pre game skate the next day? Heck little do the mouth breathers know that he even had one of the training staff swap the water bottles around just to guarantee the spread!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

They found the individual who infected the entire team, it was in a community setting.

25 people infected with the variant of covid19 coronavirus.
Team Physician Jim Bovard, M.D., Infectious Disease Physician Josh Douglas, M.D.:
As of today, 25 individuals have tested (COVID-19) positive and source infection is confirmed a variant – full genome sequencing by BCCDC is required to determine which specific type.

An ongoing investigation by Vancouver Coastal Health and club contact tracing staff attributes the source infection to a single individual obtained in a community setting, which has since been identified by public health as a public exposure location.
At this rate the regular season will be finished by the time the Canucks are possibly healthy again - a month from now May 8th.

Might as well call it a season for this team, down and out from the variant covid-19 virus.
Last edited by SKYO on Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Statement concerning the Canucks.....They know where it started and by who, (one person).

Should we take bets? Was Mrs. Gaudette very quick to defend her husband? Who knows.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Micky wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:21 am Statement concerning the Canucks.....They know where it started and by who, (one person).

Should we take bets? Was Mrs. Gaudette very quick to defend her husband? Who knows.
Who fucking cares, we don’t need a witch hunt on how it started.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

That points towards one of the Yaletown-West End eateries the PHO closed yesterday.

Steaks on the owner?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

All joking aside, knowing how the outbreaks start is, and will remain for a while, vitally important. Not implying anyone has to be disparaged publically. Might rethink that if it became a matter of an habitual lack of common sense from a particular.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

It’s vital for the health authority. It’s not vital for judgemental pricks on forums or on Twitter who want to speculate and play guessing games so they can publicly blame someone when the pandemic is out of control and could be transferred unwittingly by anyone even when he or she is taking precautions.

Best to just be kind and let the contact tracers do their work privately.
We are all Jim Benning.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:21 am They found the individual who infected the entire team, it was in a community setting.

25 people infected with the variant of covid19 coronavirus.
Team Physician Jim Bovard, M.D., Infectious Disease Physician Josh Douglas, M.D.:
As of today, 25 individuals have tested (COVID-19) positive and source infection is confirmed a variant – full genome sequencing by BCCDC is required to determine which specific type.

An ongoing investigation by Vancouver Coastal Health and club contact tracing staff attributes the source infection to a single individual obtained in a community setting, which has since been identified by public health as a public exposure location.
At this rate the regular season will be finished by the time the Canucks are possibly healthy again - a month from now May 8th.

Might as well call it a season for this team, down and out from the variant covid-19 virus.

Why a month?? Just because they tested positive doesn’t mean they can’t be asymptomatic. Statisticially, 1/2 of them will test positive with no symptoms. So after 10 days (started last week) and 3 clear tests (so, about 13 days total) about 10 guys should be off the list. Only 1 or 2 will have anything that lasts more than a couple days, and most of those guys have been isolated for 7 days already. We are probably skating with a depleated squad next week.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:05 pm It’s vital for the health authority. It’s not vital for judgemental pricks on forums or on Twitter who want to speculate and play guessing games so they can publicly blame someone when the pandemic is out of control and could be transferred unwittingly by anyone even when he or she is taking precautions.

Yup. The way society has turned on itself this last year actually kind of sickens me. A year ago, we were a ‘help your neighbour’ kind of country.

Now we are a ‘rat the fuckers out’ kinda place where nobody will simply leave anyone else alone or mind their own business. Gotta be ready to point fingers.

Sad.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:01 pm
Yup. The way society has turned on itself this last year actually kind of sickens me. A year ago, we were a ‘help your neighbour’ kind of country.

Now we are a ‘rat the fuckers out’ kinda place where nobody will simply leave anyone else alone or mind their own business. Gotta be ready to point fingers.

Sad.
Couldn't agree more - it's particularly sad when the country is engaged in its greatest collective effort since, i dunno, WW2?

But everybody wants to feel like they're suffering more than everybody else, so we're off complaining about everyone else.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:05 pm It’s vital for the health authority. It’s not vital for judgemental pricks on forums or on Twitter who want to speculate and play guessing games so they can publicly blame someone when the pandemic is out of control and could be transferred unwittingly by anyone even when he or she is taking precautions.

You sound guilty of something. jk
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:01 pm

Sad.
Rural BC has had a rat the fuckers out mentality since day one. Remember out of Province vehicles being vandalized a year ago. It settled down over the summer, but is now back with a vengeance.

Someone posted to a local FB page that they were looking for a trailer to rent for a camping trip in the summer and the local virus wardens descended upon them for wanting to travel in 3 month time.

Fuck'em.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

SKYO wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:09 pm

I’ll let you finger pointers speculate as to what I’m guilty of:

A. Maturity
B. Having a conscience
C. Enormous cojones
D. All of the above
We are all Jim Benning.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Add Nate Schmidt to the NHL's COVID protocol list!

What we need is a list of who isn't on the list.

If Loui is the only one I'm going to spit.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:16 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:09 pm

I’ll let you finger pointers speculate as to what I’m guilty of:

A. Maturity
B. Having a conscience
C. Enormous cojones
D. All of the above
E. Holier than thou. ayee