Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by SKYO »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:00 am Jimmy treatin' Loui first class all the way.

Dipietro to waste the year. Perfect.
Well they did waive Loui lol.

DiPietro gets to practice with the big boys all year at least + teams need that 3rd goalie anyways.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:00 am Jimmy treatin' Loui first class all the way.

no ahl camp until the 25th, Canadian teams can keep guys around until the 20th.

I think Dipietro will get more work (though not games) sticking around the Canucks
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:45 am

Well they did waive Loui lol.

DiPietro gets to practice with the big boys all year at least + teams need that 3rd goalie anyways.
As long as Loui falls short of 1000 NHL games in the puking whale I’m all good. Cut his ass off at 999 out of spite for all I care.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Is there some kind of COVID bullshit gonna postpone our game tonight?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:07 pm Is there some kind of COVID bullshit gonna postpone our game tonight?
You hear something MCP? I haven’t
Getting old is not for the young...
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Oh. Never mind. Tim and fucking Sid blowing things out of proportion. Just Benn and JT not playing. At first sounded like the game was postponed, and I was gonna go postal.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:33 am

Unless he's last net minder standing and wins game four in the finals vs the Leaves and hoists the Stanley Cup.
It's impossible for the Canucks and Leaves to face each other in the Stanley Cup Finals this year...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:13 pm
Richard Zussman @richardzussman
I am told one of these two players tested positive for COVID, then negative, then positive again and when tested a fourth time tested negative. The other is a close contact.
5:10 PM · Jan 12, 2021·
He's talking about Benn and Miller.
OH! Benn and Miller you say?

Thanks Micky, we would have never known! :D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

RoboGomer auto delivers news you neither wanted nor needed.
Try to focus on THIS year...
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:04 pm RoboGomer auto delivers news you neither wanted nor needed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Yet when I take him To task for it, he only ever bitches about me... everyone else gets away with it..

I think ole Gomer has a vendetta against me!

Hmmm
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Gohmert just cuts to the chase. He breaks the stories. :lol:
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Expressen today:
Success: A more prominent role in the NHL than in Rögle
NILS HÖGLANDER
Published 14 jan 2021 12.39, updated 12.52
Linus Vedmar

Nils Höglander goal scorer right away in the NHL
Nils Höglander has introduced himself to the North American hockey audience.
The Swedish supertalent became a goal scorer and got a lot of trust right away. In the 5-3 victory against the Edmonton Oilers Höglander got more than 16 minutes of ice time.
"He's probably not returning here anytime soon", says Rögle GM Chris Abbott.

During this SHL season Nils Höglander took the ice 23 times for Rögle. He was booked for 14 points and an average of just over 14 minutes per game.
That's more than two minutes less (sic!) than he got when he last night presented himself to the Vancouver supporters.
The Swedish super talent first was the force behind Bo Horvat's 1-0 goal, through defensive hard work. In the second period Höglander then became a goal scorer himself by being in the right place and burying a rebound.

All in all Nils Höglander had 16 minutes and 23 seconds of ice time - only two forwards on the Vancouver team were trusted with more than that.
Then consider that Rögle has ten forwards that have averaged more ice time than Höglander in the first half of the SHL season. That's depth.

"Yeah, I saw some highlights earlier this morning. That's great for him", says Rögle GM Chris Abbott who contracted Nils Höglander from AIK in the summer of 2018.

He played more than 16 minutes tonight, what do you think of his debut?

"Incredible! It's a dream come true for him. Höglander has had a great journey and I remember when I first met him, even back then his dream was to score goals in the NHL. There will be many more. I'm happy for him."

As a player, Nils Höglander is known for his speed and impressive technique. During his time in Rögle he has scored several highlight reel goals - as late as this december he sent a Skellefteå d-man to buy hot dogs before he scored a between the legs goal.

Do you think his style of play will be a good fit for the NHL?

"Yes, I do. The NHL is played on narrow rinks, there is less space to play on and you're constantly closer to the goal. I think he will fit in great and he has been given an environment to thrive in on the line he plays on," says Chris Abbot.

In tonight's 5-3 victory against Edmonton, Nils Höglander played alongside the Canadian stars Bo Horvat and Tanner Pearson.
It only took 38 minutes before he scored his first goal.

"I've been in contact with Vancouver and talked to them as recently as yesterday. They were very excited after the great camp Höglander had, and look forward to seeing what he can achieve this season."

Do you think we can forget about seeing Höglander in the SHL the next few seasons?

"Haha, if he keeps playing the way he can, he's probably not returning here anytime soon. But we'll see, we have a dialogue with Vancouver and time will tell what happens."
https://www.expressen.se/kvallsposten/s ... n-i-rogle/
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

he sent a Skellefteå d-man to buy hot dogs before he scored a between the legs goal
:lol:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Canucks have recalled Justin Bailey and assigned Loui Eriksson to the team's taxi squad. Originally, Justin Bailey, Guillaume Brisebois, Michael DiPietro, Marc Michaelis, Brogan Rafferty and Jack Rathbone were on the taxi squad, while Loui Eriksson was on the active roster.
I don't know what to read in to the need for a right winger but it worries me in that maybe Miller will be out for more then they thought.
Bailey is not a super intimidator but he had his best year in Utica last year as a professional. Maybe the idea is simply to add a potential upgrade
to the bottom six or just be around in case as LE really did not have an inspired camp.
"evolution"