Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:04 am Garbage comment from Brock Boeser throwing shade at Jake Virtanen. “If Jake is going to be on our line, we’ve got to be more responsible defensively “

Yes, Brock because you are such a great two way player. Learn to keep your mouth shut. :scowl:
I am pretty sure it was said sarcastically. Boeser has a dry sense of humour
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:00 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:04 am Garbage comment from Brock Boeser throwing shade at Jake Virtanen. “If Jake is going to be on our line, we’ve got to be more responsible defensively “

Yes, Brock because you are such a great two way player. Learn to keep your mouth shut. :scowl:
I am pretty sure it was said sarcastically. Boeser has a dry sense of humour
Could have been I guess. I haven’t ever heard a player do that to another teammate at a presser/ conference call before. I haven’t seen Boeser really throw a bunch of humorous, sarcastic jabs before. Then again maybe I’m not paying attention. Just seems to me everyone likes to take a pound of flesh from Virtanen
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

When I heard what Brock said I took it as a self-criticism. That the three of them have to play better defensively, because they blew it against Pittsburg last time they were together. Twitterverse is overreacting to his comment. As soon a something is said about Jake the media likes to pounce.
We are all Jim Benning.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Tempest in a teapot. This is why players offer up so many canned plastic comments in media interviews. I'll take it for good-natured ribbing at best, or honest self-criticism at worst like Cherry Picker said.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

But Boeser is right isn’t he. Jake isn’t exactly stalwart defensively
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

rats19 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:23 am1
Not to be a biatche, but where the fuck is my GDT!
First Miller, now this. This season is going to SHIT!
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!
We’re sinking into chaos.

Passionate hysteria for dramatic effect.
Let’s get this season starter right. :D
We are all Jim Benning.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:42 am But Boeser is right isn’t he. Jake isn’t exactly stalwart defensively
Neither of them are. If it’s sarcastic its hilarious. Maybe the whole team has had enough of Shaggy Horse Jake. Whooping it up at the gay establishments in town, taking selfie’s while driving, crushing pints and Big Macs like there’s no tomorrow. He’s officially the whipping boy. :lol:
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:50 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:42 am But Boeser is right isn’t he. Jake isn’t exactly stalwart defensively
Neither of them are. If it’s sarcastic its hilarious. Maybe the whole team has had enough of Shaggy Horse Jake. Whooping it up at the gay establishments in town, taking selfie’s while driving, crushing pints and Big Macs like there’s no tomorrow. He’s officially the whipping boy. :lol:
All on the heels of Lipsticks 'worst crew ever' debacle...maybe he was right :lol:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

That’s not what I heard Brock say. I thought he was saying Petey, Brock and Jake were not good defensively against Pittsburg, for one game, all three players. He wants the line to be better defensively tonight. They are probably going head-to-head with McDavid, so defensive responsibility is on his mind, and he also wants his line-mates thinking about that responsibility.

As to your second point, when he is on his game, I’ve seen Jake play well defensively. IMO often better than Brock, but not as consistently as Miller. We’ll see how he does defensively tonight, but yah whipping-boy is a fairly accurate description. But remember, Gretzky was Glen Sather’s whipping-boy, so there’s that.
We are all Jim Benning.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Your right. It was a crappy statement. Whether it's accurate or not is not really the point. Actually surprised he said that.
"evolution"
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Canucks Confirm Opening Night Roster:

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canuck ... -320236414
Taxi Squad confirmed
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Loui Loui
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

That's too bad about LE. He'll be more likely to see some games for sure now. Thought he would be on the taxi squad. None the less, this roster set-up was probably a culmination of both Travis and Jim. The reports on his training camp were all over the place. From terrible to good.
"Louis the last resort."
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
CC Legend

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Jimmy treatin' Loui first class all the way.

Dipietro to waste the year. Perfect.
el rey del mambo
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:00 am Jimmy treatin' Loui first class all the way.

Dipietro to waste the year. Perfect.
Unless he's last net minder standing and wins game four in the finals vs the Leaves and hoists the Stanley Cup.
"evolution"