Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Richardstroker69 »

I’m here to stay, I’m invested now in these young guys and you old guys.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:32 pm I’m here to stay, I’m invested now in these young guys and you old guys.
Awww :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:32 pm you old guys.
What didn't kill us made us stronger.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle may still be angry over the firing Gillis but ole Chef here is still angry over the hiring of Gillis.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:01 pm Doyle may still be angry over the firing Gillis but ole Chef hetrcis still angry over the hiring of Gillis.
If you would bother to take the time ... I said it was time for Eye Bags to get the hook shortly before he did. But I guess you have a narrative to push.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:18 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:01 pm Doyle may still be angry over the firing Gillis but ole Chef hetrcis still angry over the hiring of Gillis.
If you would bother to take the time ... I said it was time for Eye Bags to get the hook shortly before he did.
But you really liked Gillis and hated to see him go
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:06 pm
Cornuck wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:13 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:55 am Was also a pretty big oilers fan back in 2003-2007.
Always thought there was something 'off' with you.... ;)
Lol yeah, I was posted there during that time and we used to get tickets from the military resource center. Plus they had that fun cup run with pronger banging the A channel chick. A buddy of mine was a cameraman for her and had all sorts of funny stories about it. Apparently smitty had a wrench that hung past his knees. Also followed the sens fairly close during this time, my wife went to school with good ol petey Schaefer of canuck fame, so followed them. Got to go to a few of there games when in Ottawa for work. Then jumped on board the 2011 bandwagon with the Canucks.

After reading this basically looks like I’m just a bandwagon fan, joys of being a sasky kid and not having a local team.
Know anything about Connor Ingram? :?

The kid's from Saskatoon, played at the WJC and is the Preds' third stringer.
Currently on loan for Björklöven since Canadian Olympic goalie Kevin Poulin got injured.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/2 ... nor-ingram
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:55 am Was also a pretty big oilers fan back in 2003-2007.
Lol yeah, I was posted there during that time and we used to get tickets from the military resource center. Plus they had that fun cup run with pronger banging the A channel chick. A buddy of mine was a cameraman for her and had all sorts of funny stories about it. Apparently smitty had a wrench that hung past his knees. Also followed the sens fairly close during this time, my wife went to school with good ol petey Schaefer of canuck fame, so followed them. Got to go to a few of there games when in Ottawa for work. Then jumped on board the 2011 bandwagon with the Canucks.

After reading this basically looks like I’m just a bandwagon fan, joys of being a sasky kid and not having a local team.
That makes you a true fan. Having 31 teams to choose from, you chose wisely, my fellow bunny hug-wearing flatlander. :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Per wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:30 am

Currently on loan for Björklöven since Canadian Olympic goalie Kevin Poulin got injured.

I remember him a bit from his Humboldt days, but he was pretty young and didn’t play much.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:13 pm

I remember him a bit from his Humboldt days, but he was pretty young and didn’t play much.
I never saw him play. Sorry Per.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:13 pm

Did OK in his first game.

A bit rusty on the first goal, over committed on the second, couldn’t see anything on the third, so that one was not on him.
Made a great save on a breakaway.

Then he also did good in the shootout. Saved both attempts, and as Björklöven scored on both of their first two, that meant the game was won.

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’m watching the Game 5 of the West Conference Finals in 2011 vs San Jose. Fuck what a deep team. Ehrhoff and Rome must have been hurt as Ballard and a young Tanev were the bottom pairing, I’m sure much to the Chef’s and Dickie’s chagrin. Good fucking game it ‘twas.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Still amazed at this hidden stat of Jake Virtanen leading the team in Game Winning Goals with 6 last season, one more than Petey, but with way less TOI, also JV had 6 powerplay goals.

Hopefully Green spreads the talent out a bit and puts JV on the top line with Miller and Petey to provide a Adam Deadmarsh/Darren McCarty like play on the top line, providing grit/heart/skill. JV has less toughness but I reckon he has a better shot.

226lbs JV's coming of age at 24, the bigger dudes typically become a more NHL complete player at around his age.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Skyo, Virtanen is more like a Michael Grabner type I think. He plays with little physicality for a guy his size. We can speculate why he will or won’t play physical, maybe the Bobby Farnham beating did more damage than we thought. He doesn’t have it in him to be a wrecking ball. He’s probably a decent bet to play in the top 6 but I wouldn’t count out Adam Gaudette on the wing if they actually want to do that full time. That isn’t something to do mid season though with a player who is still pretty immature himself. I thin kGaudette could shift to the wing but the team needs to do that shit in camp and stick with it. Eat the mistakes and be patient with him.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Unfortunately, Virtanen only brings the physicality when he knows the coach or his team mates on the bench are expecting it or even calling for it.
I wish he'd encompass the enforcer type of player but doubt it happens now. It pisses me off because he tended to be more like that player within
the relative safety net of the WHL. He could be Mr. bully there.

Jake makes me mad because the very first post I ever made here was "Jake Virtanen is starting to remind me of Jamie Benn" Ya, right.
There's still time to get him going and now that he has the new deal, ( coulda been way more Jakey), we'll see.
There's no room for bullshit though. Horvat and Miller, (who I think should get the vacant A), will be on him quickly and often if necessary.
"evolution"