Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:15 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:07 am Doyle is the epitome of William Conrad. Same body, hair line and cranky face

UDL is his buddy Barnaby Jones
I picture Doyle at work as a later version of Jim Rockford. A dingy office trailer with old coffee cups everywhere that left rings on his paperwork. Overflowing trash can with fillet-o-fish boxes and a&w bags laying below
100%

I imagine that to be the scene around his Archie Bunker chair at home as well.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Alex Biega is on waivers!
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I wonder what the Canucks would say if they were allowed to be open with their opinions?

17 games in 30 nights give or take??? 5games in 7 nights next week!?!?

Wtf?

With over half the team recovering from covid or waiting for the covid foot to drop on their families?

What are the odds they even manage .500 over this marathon and if they ever did manage to pull a playoff spot out of their ass. They would be exhausted at the start of the hardest tournament on the planet.

Seems to me the Canucks got the shit end of the stick to start the season and to finish it.

If it were my call, I’d tell Bettman we’ll be icing the comets the rest of the way and go fuck yourself
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ukcanuck wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:11 am
If it were my call, I’d tell Bettman we’ll be icing the comets the rest of the way and go fuck yourself
Aquilini could get in touch with Mike to get in touch with Roberto to go bitch slap Gary upside the head.

( :| )
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Micky wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:24 am
ukcanuck wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:11 am
Aquilini could get in touch with Mike to get in touch with Roberto to go bitch slap Gary upside the head.

( :| )
Great idea! That way Aquaman can avoid being bent over by Daly again. That’s getting just embarrassing.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

baubles MS had traded in his broom at work.

He now carries a clip board and walks with a limp.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

theman wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:10 am Alex Biega is on waivers!
What's the Canucks' waiver claim spot? Do you think Bulldog will fall all the way to us so we can put in a claim?

Blob, your thoughts?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Planning for 2021/22 - If Schmiddy is here for the long-term, might as well utilize him best as the team's main LD, shelter Hughes to 2nd pairing, but gets all the powerplay time.

Schmidt - Myers (highest paid dmen should get the toughest matchups, but they could be getting less than Hughes new $) I'd like to see this pairing together to see if they form a solid chemistry, the QB type Schmidt LD with the power of Myers RD to back him up.

Hughes - Hamonic (re-sign $2.75Mish x 3) another classic QB with a stay-at-home dman pairing.

Russian dynamo - Tryamkin
Trade for a Russian Dman to help form a solid 3rd pairing with Tryamkin. (even Yzerman, Holland approve of this hypothetical 3rd pairing Russian dynamo for Vancouver).

Rathbone #7 dman.

Edler sadly let go, OJ moved for that Russian dman.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Continuing to keep Rathbone down and bringing in a Russian defense man to play with Tryamkin just doesn't seem logical. If the Tree cannot figure
the NHL out on his own this time, he doesn't belong in it.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Micky wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:12 pm Continuing to keep Rathbone down and bringing in a Russian defense man to play with Tryamkin just doesn't seem logical. If the Tree cannot figure
lol stick to your links mick.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:18 pm
Micky wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:12 pm Continuing to keep Rathbone down and bringing in a Russian defense man to play with Tryamkin just doesn't seem logical. If the Tree cannot figure
lol stick to your links mick.
..... :look: ............. :crazy: ........... :drink: :drink: :drink:
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So assuming they play on the 16th, is Pettersson healthy?
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:05 pm So assuming they play on the 16th, is Pettersson healthy?
If he's not then I'm back to questioning his worth based on either durability or attitude.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

SKYO wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:52 pm Planning for 2021/22 - If Schmiddy is here for the long-term, might as well utilize him best as the team's main LD, shelter Hughes to 2nd pairing, but gets all the powerplay time.

Schmidt - Myers (highest paid dmen should get the toughest matchups, but they could be getting less than Hughes new $) I'd like to see this pairing together to see if they form a solid chemistry, the QB type Schmidt LD with the power of Myers RD to back him up.

Hughes - Hamonic (re-sign $2.75Mish x 3) another classic QB with a stay-at-home dman pairing.

Trade for a Russian Dman to help form a solid 3rd pairing with Tryamkin. (even Yzerman, Holland approve of this hypothetical 3rd pairing Russian dynamo for Vancouver).

Rathbone #7 dman.

There is no mysterious Russian Dman coming to the rescue. The line-up will be:

Hughes Schlep 1
Schmidt Rathbone
Myers Juolevi
Woo

Schlep1 will be a successful NHL player only because he is paired with Huggy Bear. It could be Hambone, Schenn, Benn, Tryamkin or some other very cheap schlep.

As soon as Pearson was signed with all the spare cash, Edler was done, toast, finished, gonezo. Book it! Don’t dream about him, accept his fate, and salute his fair thee well.

However, until Christmas, while Huggy Bear is holding out for a richer contract than he will end up getting, the defense will be:

Schmidt Rathbone
Myers Juolevi
Woo Tryamkin
Schlep 1

Of course, Schlep 1 won’t be nearly good enough to be in an NHL line-up without Huggy Bear’s support.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:16 pm
SKYO wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:52 pm Planning for 2021/22 - If Schmiddy is here for the long-term, might as well utilize him best as the team's main LD, shelter Hughes to 2nd pairing, but gets all the powerplay time.

Rathbone #7 dman.

There is no mysterious Russian Dman coming to the rescue. The line-up will be:

Hughes Schlep 1
Schmidt Rathbone
Myers Juolevi
Woo

Schlep1 will be a successful NHL player only because he is paired with Huggy Bear. It could be Hambone, Schenn, Benn, Tryamkin or some other very cheap schlep.

As soon as Pearson was signed with all the spare cash, Edler was done, toast, finished, gonezo. Book it! Don’t dream about him, accept his fate, and salute his fair thee well.

However, until Christmas, while Huggy Bear is holding out for a richer contract than he will end up getting, the defense will be:

Schmidt Rathbone
Myers Juolevi
Woo Tryamkin
Schlep 1

Of course, Schlep 1 won’t be nearly good enough to be in an NHL line-up without Huggy Bear’s support.
You think we'll have a holdout in Hughes? With Barry as his agent it's not far fetched I suppose, but if Hughes holds out, so does Petey (same agent).