Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:54 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:46 pm Where’s Doyle’s wingman Island Nucklehead?
Miss you too, Dude.
What possibly could be going on with you to cause such a hiatus. Doyle has been a royal mess without your support?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:46 pm Where’s Doyle’s wingman Island Nucklehead?
Miss you too, Dude.
Where u been man? Doyle has been getting hammered since you abandoned him
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:48 am
Miss you too, Dude.
Just yesterday Baubles moved onto Elliot Page
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:48 am
Miss you too, Dude.
Even ole HW strapped up and threw a few hammers down the hall
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sportsnet 650@Sportsnet650
Benning on Eriksson: We tried to give him a new team, a new opportunity, a new start. That didn't work out. As of now, he's under contract with us. He's still a good defensive player. We wanted him to score more when we signed him, that hasn't happened.
Canucks8:13 AM · Dec 3, 2020
Full Radio Interview.
20 minutes long.
The meat of the interview starts at around 6min.
Worried about the complications of sending players up and down to/from Utica.
Tried hard but couldn't find a new home for LE.
Very excited about their prospects,. Notes training camp will be interesting and YES, there could be new faces this year.
The (HOPE IS) that Jake can play with Horvat and Pearson.
Really looking forward to having Nate in the line-up and hopeful on Juolevi.
Doubts Ferland will be ready for play in January or anytime in the near future--cont. to work with Docs.
Likes what he's seeing and hearing about Podkolzin and hopes to get him signed in April whe his KHL gig is up.

I didn't get it all. (Damn poor job actually) He likes housework... :lol: maybe messin round with the Mrs.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:46 pm Likes what he's seeing and hearing about Podkolzin and hopes to get him signed in April whe his KHL gig is up.
April 30... unless Pod plays in the World Championships which is scheduled to run to June 6.

Micky wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:46 pm He likes housework... :lol: maybe messin round with the Mrs.
He was talking about home repairs. Said he enjoys doing them but often doesn't have the time.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:08 pm
April 30... unless Pod plays in the World Championships which is scheduled to run to June 6.
So if Pod and Napkin are done before the playoffs, can both sign on for our playoffs or is napkin not eligible due to some random restriction?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:46 pm
So if Pod and Napkin are done before the playoffs, can both sign on for our playoffs or is napkin not eligible due to some random restriction?
Well we don't know when the 2021 NHL playoffs will begin so...

Pod can sign when his KHL contract ends on April 30 cuz that's an ELC.

However Napkin is an RFA... RFAs usually can't sign a contract after Dec 1.

So in a normal season RFA Napkin could not be signed and your answer is 'no'.

Of course this coming... not-normal season... that date will no doubt be later than Dec 1.

How much later? Your guess is as good as mine.

Dec 1 is around 2 months after the usual early Oct season start date.

So if the season starts Jan 1st will they make the RFA deadline Mar 1?

If the season starts Feb 1st will they make the RFA deadline April 1?

If it's either of those dates... or any date before April 30... Tree can't be signed during the 20-21 NHL season or playoffs.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I have some vague recollection of you explaining these very same points to me once before...its why i sort of remembered only Pod could come lol

I smoke a shitload of dope so you'll have to forgive my shoddy memory
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I think I heard if they sign tree, they have to protect him to keep him out of the expansion draft. But if he remains unsigned they won’t have to protect him. So I expect he won’t be signed until after the expansion draft next year.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Micky wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:46 pm Sportsnet 650@Sportsnet650
Benning on Eriksson: We tried to give him a new team, a new opportunity, a new start. That didn't work out. As of now, he's under contract with us. He's still a good defensive player. We wanted him to score more when we signed him, that hasn't happened.
So Hawryluk, Lind, MacEwen......maybe even Baertschi got a chance to knock Eriksson out of lineup.
Micky wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:46 pm Doubts Ferland will be ready for play in January or anytime in the near future--cont. to work with Docs.
There it is, Ferland likely to LTIR, $3.5M in cap, LE in Utica another $1.075M, $4.5M to sign a winger. :D once the season starts.
Micky wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:46 pm Likes what he's seeing and hearing about Podkolzin and hopes to get him signed in April whe his KHL gig is up.
Yup the KHL is petty when a young star won't sign a new contract extension, thus JB is likely to sign him asap in April, burn a year but get Podz over quicker is the best case scenario, get him adjusted to NA culture shock, rip off the bandaid and get him into a Canucks uniform.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Micky wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:46 pm He likes housework... :lol: maybe messin round with the Mrs.
He was talking about home repairs. Said he enjoys doing them but often doesn't have the time.
I bet Benning sporting a hairy plumber's crack while laying tile isn't the turn-on the Mrs is lookin for.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:41 pm
I bet Benning sporting a hairy plumber's crack while laying tile isn't the turn-on the Mrs is lookin for.
Thats how Chef looks crawling around the kitchen floor looking for the imaginary rock he dropped
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:42 am
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:41 pm
Thats how Chef looks crawling around the kitchen floor looking for the imaginary rock he dropped
Drywall, plastic, rice, Ajax. The Chef has smoked it all.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:46 pm
Sportsnet 650@Sportsnet650
Canucks8:13 AM · Dec 3, 2020
Full Radio Interview.
20 minutes long.
The meat of the interview starts at around 6min.
Worried about the complications of sending players up and down to/from Utica.
Tried hard but couldn't find a new home for LE.
Very excited about their prospects,. Notes training camp will be interesting and YES, there could be new faces this year.
The (HOPE IS) that Jake can play with Horvat and Pearson.
Really looking forward to having Nate in the line-up and hopeful on Juolevi.
Doubts Ferland will be ready for play in January or anytime in the near future--cont. to work with Docs.
Likes what he's seeing and hearing about Podkolzin and hopes to get him signed in April whe his KHL gig is up.

I didn't get it all. (Damn poor job actually) He likes housework... :lol: maybe messin round with the Mrs.
LOL no shit nobody wants Eriksson. Do people want herpes? The guy is a joke. Paid like a star player who is one of the worst players in the NHL. I LOL at all the people that said he’d be easy to trade. The useless piece of shit is owed 4 million in his last year of his deal. He isn’t going anywhere unless they attach some serious assets to him .... and no Juolevi or Tryamkin isn’t near enough.

Eriksson is going to finish his six year contract here. Why would he walk away from 4 million next year?
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”